hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Did my second weigh in for the weight loss football thing I've been doing last night. Went in a bit nervous that I might not have lost much if anything (I prefer not to weigh myself in between because I'd always rather assume that I need to keep working hard than find myself complacent) but found out I've lost eleven pounds in the last week.

Been on cloud nine all morning. I even felt like I had a lot more running and stamina in me in the space of a week.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 23-03-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

A beer in the shower.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A beer in the shower.
    😂😂😂😂😂
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    A beer in the shower.
    Same. Love doing this if I’m getting ready for a night out or on holiday.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    A beer in the shower.
    I have a friend who does that. I was staying at his place in Glasgow and when I was going for a shower, he offered me a “shower beer”. I thought it sounded good so tried it. Shower water ended up going in the beer. Never again!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I have a friend who does that. I was staying at his place in Glasgow and when I was going for a shower, he offered me a “shower beer”. I thought it sounded good so tried it. Shower water ended up going in the beer. Never again!
    Sippy cup?
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Depends where you place your beer. Nice hot shower, ice cold beer. Needs a bit of logistical work but it’s a treat.

Watching the kids with the lego.
    The wee lego men look like Jimmy O'Rourke with the hair and that!

@hibs.net private member
    Watching my dug strategically pee through a hole in my neighbours fence creating a urine burnt patch in their lovely lawn

I dont like my neighbours

https://twitter.com/jondharvey/statu...71104629121026

This made me so, so happy. Howling. Nick Clegg's is the best.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The Mrs going to work on a Sunday giving me a whole day with my dog and my PS5 after a long week at work...

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Gardening shows. I find them so soothing and satisfying to watch. Not quite enough for the best tv thread 😂😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Gardening shows. I find them so soothing and satisfying to watch. Not quite enough for the best tv thread 😂😂
    I’m like that with cooking shows, and Four in a Bed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Monty Don is the boss. It'd be great to spend an afternoon in his garden. Nice dog and that.

Getting a 9 letter word on Countdown or getting a really difficult numbers round that only Rachel got.

Yes I know I'm easily pleased 😁

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Cutting mitres by hand and getting them spot on first time.

Walking to work on a summers morning when the weather is good. I quite like a crisp winter morning to as long as it's dry but a day like today is just bliss.

Was up and out by 6.15 this morning. Sun shining, hardly a car on the road and 5 miles under the belt before 7.30.

Sets you up for the day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Walking to work on a summers morning when the weather is good. I quite like a crisp winter morning to as long as it's dry but a day like today is just bliss.

Was up and out by 6.15 this morning. Sun shining, hardly a car on the road and 5 miles under the belt before 7.30.

Sets you up for the day.
    Similarly love taking the dog for a walk when the city is just waking up.

I often did that at Glastonbury at about 6am or so, most people in their tents but got to see the site looking almost deserted. Loved it.

Holeing a moster putt on the 18th green for a birdie as all the old boys stand pint in hand on the clubhouse decking watching on in sheer admiration.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Tracey Ulman.....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When folk on FB post and criticise someone’s grammar or spelling and I point out that they also have mistakes in their post.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    When folk on FB post and criticise someone’s grammar or spelling and I point out that they also have mistakes in their post.
    That's Muphry's law.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Sticking random promo codes in when buying something and getting 25% off.
    Mon the Hibs.

Random Twitter fights that are just ridiculous.

I learned last night that there is an 'ultras code' in football and it states that if an opposing group steal your banner you have to disband your own group. There was a whole load of fully grown men, many of them seemingly otherwise well adjusted, arguing about whether the Green Brigade had to disband because they lost a flag in midweek. People getting properly serious and linking to articles and websites stating these rules and other people quoting technicalities because it wasn't their main banner.

Maybe it's just me but the idea of adults writing rules about supporting your football team then getting really defensive about it is as amusing as it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Random Twitter fights that are just ridiculous.

I learned last night that there is an 'ultras code' in football and it states that if an opposing group steal your banner you have to disband your own group. There was a whole load of fully grown men, many of them seemingly otherwise well adjusted, arguing about whether the Green Brigade had to disband because they lost a flag in midweek. People getting properly serious and linking to articles and websites stating these rules and other people quoting technicalities because it wasn't their main banner.

Maybe it's just me but the idea of adults writing rules about supporting your football team then getting really defensive about it is as amusing as it is ridiculous.
    Seems to be quite serious in Eastern Europe, ridiculous as you say though.

Keith floyd programmes. Just daft but something about them. I suppose Rick Stein took on the genre and much as I like him the anarchy of Floyd was so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Keith floyd programmes. Just daft but something about them. I suppose Rick Stein took on the genre and much as I like him the anarchy of Floyd was so much better.
    Rick Stein would be a contribution to the Pet Peeves thread for me. He just seems to spend all his time moaning. We get it Rick, markets in France, Thailand, India etc are more exciting than one in Hull.

Agree about Keith Floyd, his shows always seem a bit chaotic but you can zone out and get a bit lost in them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We’ve got a really stroppy player on our football team - decent player but very greedy on the ball.

Had a go at me for not taking a quick corner short to him.

Took two steps back and delivered a millimetre perfect Henderson-esque corner that our striker just had to stick his toe out to knock in.

Couldn’t get it so perfect again if I had a hundred attempts I don’t think!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    The first couple of bites of buttered toast before the butter has fully melted.