hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Silent Boatman's Avatar
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The smell of bacon in the pan, and knowing its going on some fresh uncut bread or a crusty roll liberally spread with anchor butter.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Managing to slice roast beef properly with and old fashioned carving knife.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!
    Ohhhhh yes!

A perfectly ripe peach or nectarine. Not rock hard and not too squishy so there's brown bits and the juice goes absolutely everywhere, but just right.

One of summer's most orgasmic food experiences IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite often walk solo. If I'm up for an early start then it's not always easy to persuade people to tag along so I tend to end up on my own. I prefer walking alone anyway although I'll happily walk with others as and when the chance arises.

It's an easy thing to get started doing. The Pentlands has some great walks and is right on our doorstep. If you are after something a bit more adventurous Google 'easiest Munros' or 'Munros for beginners' and there are numerous lists and top 10s. Mountains like Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Mount Keen, Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers are all fairly straightforward walks and within easy access of the central belt. Walking alone obviously requires a bit common sense. Whilst a lot of the easier Munros have clearly identifiable paths knowing how to use a map and compass is a good idea, make sure people know where you are and carry some basic kit so you are prepared if you do have any bother. The weather is unpredicatble even in the summer, I was up Ben Lawers a week past Saturday, I left Edinburgh bathed in early morning sunshine and by the time I was a quarter of the way up the mountain I was in full waterproofs, the wind was gusting at 50mph and I couldn't see more than 6ft in front of me!
    Substitute “good idea” with “absolutely essential.”