hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try ***tering and s******ing in S****horpe

2. Log in to remove the advert

When I'm really cold, getting into a hot shower, and feeling the tingling sensation of slowly warming up, and continung to turn up the hot water and getting hotter

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I had the downright ****tiest day yesterday - got caught in the pouring rain delivering a few boxes which was a favour, then something else went wrong, then managed to drop a box on my finger busting it open and also giving a lovely blood blister, then did a delivery on the way home that I usually do but the lift at a shopping centre I deliver to broke down so I had to carry everything down a flight of stairs to be able to do the delivery, then got back to my car to find that I'd driven over a screw.

I'm doing a couple of hours work this evening but so far today made eggs benedict, watched GBBO, went to take photos of my cars wheel locking nut pattern as when I bought it both the previous owner and I had thought it had been lost - found a wee hidden secret compartment at the back of a car with a nice shiny wheel locking nut key in the back which saves me £40 and also managed to find a suitable replacement tyre (and a decent one at that) for £60.

Even better, my partner has worked a lot of overtime recently so took a half day to come home and have lunch with me as a surprise.

I love "comeback" days - the ones that just seem destined to go well as a rebound from a day of bad fortune.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Apologies because this is disgusting...

But my dog has a wee infection just now and is getting a lot of gunk around his eyes mainly when he wakes up - pretty much feels exactly like a bogey.

Picking it out the corner of his eye and watching it peel off his actual eyeball is very satisfying and tbh, I’m actually very jealous of how good it must feel

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Try ***tering and s******ing in S****horpe
    Hows that working out for you now?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    Hows that working out for you now?
    Can I say smart arse?

Ohhh.... clearly I can.

But not smart ****.....

😁

Charity shop hunting.

Last week found a lovely digital camera with a very impressive optical lense for £35 - on Amazon Marketplace it’s about £160 and even the worst examples on eBay are nearing £100.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Making an omelette just right. Had a 3 egg one earlier on and honestly reckon it was the best one I've had.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Autumn watch starting tomorrow night. It will be the best hour of the day!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Golden Wonder Smokey bacon crisps.

Baking bread.

Someone at work gave me a sourdough starter and it's a total rabbit hole when you get into it. A lot of trial and error but when you get it right it's a proper feeling of achievement. The discard is brilliant for things like English muffins, pancakes and Yorkshire puddings too.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Baking bread.

Someone at work gave me a sourdough starter and it's a total rabbit hole when you get into it. A lot of trial and error but when you get it right it's a proper feeling of achievement. The discard is brilliant for things like English muffins, pancakes and Yorkshire puddings too.

Funnily enough I’ve started making kombucha and it’s got a similar thing about it. Lots of trial and error, quite frustrating but cool when it works out. Also planning to use some of the starter liquid with the bacteria and wild yeast to try to combine with some ale or champagne yeast to see if that would make a home brewed sour beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Golden Wonder Smokey bacon crisps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Autumn watch. The best hour of the day.

Placing a vinyl copy of AC/DC Back in Black on to the turntable and shaking my imaginary hair to some of the best three chord rock and roll ever recorded.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Placing a vinyl copy of AC/DC Back in Black on to the turntable and shaking my imaginary hair to some of the best three chord rock and roll ever recorded.
    Aw man... that's got me contemplating a trip up into the attic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I have loads of vinyl and it is just so comforting putting it on and hearing that crackle before the needle hits the music. Digital is just so easy to play music but you can't beat putting on a record and turning the dial up to 11 for some proper nostalgia

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I have loads of vinyl and it is just so comforting putting it on and hearing that crackle before the needle hits the music. Digital is just so easy to play music but you can't beat putting on a record and turning the dial up to 11 for some proper nostalgia
    I always thought that was the case until I started to play my old vinyl albums again. Just didn't do it for me so I sold them all and haven't regretted it. Singles are a different matter though, I could probably recognise a song by it's crackle at the beginning of some of my old punk singles

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    When you bring back your shopping and realise you've judged exactly how much room is left in your freezer like a Tetris master!
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 06-11-2020 at 06:59 PM.

When you let your wee nephew have a wee punt on the football and he has £5ew on Che Adams for the first goal for Southampton and you can share the joy as he runs about the living room like a dafty! 👍

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    When someone's first post is on something random like dog breeds. Don't know why but it always puts a smile on my face.

A banana that is slightly over ripe.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    When my wee boy sneezes he lets out a big long sigh / smile after.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    McDonalds Smarties McFlurry.. Best ice cream I've had for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A banana that is slightly over ripe.
    Turning completely over-ripe bananas into banana bread. Throw in some candied citrus peel, cinnamon and walnuts and it's a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    McDonalds Smarties McFlurry.. Best ice cream I've had for ages.
    McDonalds breakfast menu is one hundred times better than anything savoury on their main menu. A double sausage and egg muffin meal and a black coffee can turn any morning into an acceptable one.

I passed a car this morning that was parked in the gap between lanes just outside Clackmannan in the way into Alloa. I'm sure you all know where I mean. Anyway, as I passed it I saw that it was a woman and she had a puncture but looked like she was struggling to get the wheel off. I went to the next roundabout to go back and help, by the time I got back round to her two others had stopped to help. Was heartened that at least three of us were prepared to go and help her out

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Turning completely over-ripe bananas into banana bread. Throw in some candied citrus peel, cinnamon and walnuts and it's a joy.
    Variation is dried cranberries. The bananas need to be completely over-ripe, like you say.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Porridge. The cereal that keeps on giving.

I eat it most days, 40 grammes of oats made with roughly 150ml of water and 50ml of semi-skimmed milk. I usually add a couple of desert spoonfuls of raisins, but sometimes I chop up 2 or 3 dried dates or eat it sans fruit. Definitely no sugar or salt added. I really love it.

However, it affords me more than just the pleasure of the actual consumption of the porridge in my plate.

Firstly, there's the joy of scraping the bottom of the pot with a spoon and devouring the resultant bounty. This is particularly delightful when the porridge has started to stick.

Then, washing the pot after it has been soaked in cold water for a while is a pleasure everyone should experience.

When you eventually empty the pot to clean it, it has almost magically washed itself. The remaining oats are just poured away along with the water and it requires only the slightest wipe.

Morning happiness.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Listening to folk win the prize money on Radio Forth each day.