hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Cold showers.

I’ve started a new job and had a busy few weeks getting in to. Tonight I clocked off at 5 with a bit of a headache, the kids were loud and argumentative and all in all it was a stressy environment.

Just spent five minutes in an ice cold shower and feel a million times better. Headache gone, lethargy from the day vanished.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cold showers.

I’ve started a new job and had a busy few weeks getting in to. Tonight I clocked off at 5 with a bit of a headache, the kids were loud and argumentative and all in all it was a stressy environment.

Just spent five minutes in an ice cold shower and feel a million times better. Headache gone, lethargy from the day vanished.
    I picked up every infection/bug that was going after I did a half marathon in September. Early January I started ending each shower by turning down the dial and standing under it for 60 seconds and focusing on my breathing. It’s no coincidence that I haven’t been ill once and my mind is much clearer. I recommend cold showers to anyone that will listen.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Going to the gym and actually being methodical about it. I've always been methodical when it comes to running and for a long period kept progressing. However when it came to the gym I would go for a couple of weeks, try loads of stuff, feel like I was getting nowhere and give up then repeat the process a few months later. This time I have a set routine of 4 mornings a week, different target area every day and a core of 5 or 6 exercises per session. For the first couple of weeks you feel like you are going to get bored but then you start to feel the reps getting easier and you can increase the weight, you can feel yourself getting a bit stronger and you can notice little changes to your body shape. Suddenly what threatened to be boring becomes anything but because that consistency is what gets results. It's really motivating.

Also just pottering about prepping food. I can't stand food waste and try to avoid it wherever possible. I can happily spend hours on a Sunday chopping and freezing leftover onions, blanching carrots and celery and freezing them, chopping potatoes into roasties or chips, parboiling them and freezing them and so on. I made a simple pasta sauce the other night and made a soffritto for the base entirely out of frozen stuff that was destined for the bin otherwise, finished it with some basil that I had also torn up and frozen in an ice cube tray with some olive oil. Only additional cost to make it was £1.20 on a tin of peeled tomatoes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    A nice fresh cup of coffee in the morning, especially at weekends, Wife having a long lie and just me and the dug curled up on the couch in front of the tv

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    A nice fresh cup of coffee in the morning, especially at weekends, Wife having a long lie and just me and the dug curled up on the couch in front of the tv
    **** yeah, mokka pot at the weekend, filter through the week.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

George Galloway's hat.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Going to the gym and actually being methodical about it. I've always been methodical when it comes to running and for a long period kept progressing. However when it came to the gym I would go for a couple of weeks, try loads of stuff, feel like I was getting nowhere and give up then repeat the process a few months later. This time I have a set routine of 4 mornings a week, different target area every day and a core of 5 or 6 exercises per session. For the first couple of weeks you feel like you are going to get bored but then you start to feel the reps getting easier and you can increase the weight, you can feel yourself getting a bit stronger and you can notice little changes to your body shape. Suddenly what threatened to be boring becomes anything but because that consistency is what gets results. It's really motivating.

Also just pottering about prepping food. I can't stand food waste and try to avoid it wherever possible. I can happily spend hours on a Sunday chopping and freezing leftover onions, blanching carrots and celery and freezing them, chopping potatoes into roasties or chips, parboiling them and freezing them and so on. I made a simple pasta sauce the other night and made a soffritto for the base entirely out of frozen stuff that was destined for the bin otherwise, finished it with some basil that I had also torn up and frozen in an ice cube tray with some olive oil. Only additional cost to make it was £1.20 on a tin of peeled tomatoes.
    I’ve been tempted a few times to start a gym thread on here. Have really got the bug since commiting to it when my first kid was born

@hibs.net private member

I hope they were good quality at that price .

Tinned tomatoes are double the price they were two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I hope they were good quality at that price .

Tinned tomatoes are double the price they were two years ago.
    I'm always happy to pay a wee bit extra for decent tinned tomatoes. I always find the cheaper ones a bit watery and too sharp. Mutti is my current go to for brands available in the supermarket. Rega if I remember to order online or I'm somehwere I can get them. I don't mind the Tarantella ones either which are only about 90p.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'm always happy to pay a wee bit extra for decent tinned tomatoes. I always find the cheaper ones a bit watery and too sharp. Mutti is my current go to for brands available in the supermarket. Rega if I remember to order online or I'm somehwere I can get them. I don't mind the Tarantella ones either which are only about 90p.
    Mutti are excellent. Get them on Amazon for just over £5 for six

Been using the tins for growing herbs as like the look of them

@hibs.net private member
    Winding up the car crash scammers. The phone number is usually Edinburgh and the accent always foreign. They lie to me, so I lie to them.

Working for a s*x shop and describing what was damaged gets a quick hang-up in the other end. As does "I died in the crash".
    The best one, and here I challenge you, was telling one that my wife died in the crash yesterday. She cried down the phone. And, no, I'm not sorry.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Winding up the car crash scammers. The phone number is usually Edinburgh and the accent always foreign. They lie to me, so I lie to them.

Working for a s*x shop and describing what was damaged gets a quick hang-up in the other end. As does "I died in the crash".
    The best one, and here I challenge you, was telling one that my wife died in the crash yesterday. She cried down the phone. And, no, I'm not sorry.
    For some reason I started singing medleys of popular musicians down the phone to see how far I’d get. Someone sat through an entire Abba medley and just very awkwardly laughed at the end and hung up.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    For some reason I started singing medleys of popular musicians down the phone to see how far I’d get. Someone sat through an entire Abba medley and just very awkwardly laughed at the end and hung up.
    Brilliant 👏

When you realise that you had beetroot the night before and it's not a medical emergency

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    When you realise that you had beetroot the night before and it's not a medical emergency
    a couple of years ago I had a stoma bag and the morning after beetroot always had a scary few moments for sure

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    My 65 plate Corsa has heated seats, heated steering wheel and self defrosting windscreen. Other halfs 70 plate Corsa has none of these. Wouldn’t swap mine for his.
    I had a 13 plate corsa with the first 2 of those - my 68 plate Hyundai doesn't have them!

Admittedly, I don't miss them much. I never used the wheel one as it would only heat the portions of the wheel you're meant to hold and I'm more of a 12 o'clock and gearstick driver than a 10 and 2 position driver.

I do miss the corsa though! Was a great wee car!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    My 1 year old Grand Daughter doing sign language, unbelievable to see her sign for “more” “thank you” “all done” her brain is an absolute sponge, I see her developing those skills at the same time I forget what I done yesterday 🤣

The BBC 4 shipping forecast when I’m struggling to sleep. Soothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to sleep in fresh bed sheets

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Fish finger sandwich with tartare sauce.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

World book day.

I know it gets a bit of a slagging because 'kids all just go dressed up as film characters' but I loved seeing all the bairns in their outfits.

More than that it's important. My daughter has loads of books and came home from school delighted to have 2 more. But 1 in 5 children won't own a book so to get tokens to pick up a couple at school or in a bookshop is great.

In a time when you can access almost any story you want online there is something good about kids getting excited about books.

People replying to the Kensington Palace X account re the Photoshop thing as if Kate herself is actually sitting at a desktop waiting on notifications.

Honestly it's both deranged and hilarious.