hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That sizzling noise when I put a steak into my very hot pan

2. Log in to remove the advert

A dog scratching/dragging its arse along the pub carpet. I said i would love to try that.. hence the permanent barring from the bozzer

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Putting shrinkwrap seals on bottles at work. You get a seal, slip it over the cork, apply a couple of seconds to a heat gun to it and shrivels around the top of the bottle.

It's so, so satisfying.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Getting the house to myself, even for a couple of hours. Apparently I’ll miss the noise when all the kids have moved out and that but for now, the odd time when there’s no wife and no kids in, is bliss.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Also, getting eggs just right - poached, boiled, scrambled, fried, or an omelette, when they’re just right they’re fantastic.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Those couple of hours on weekend mornings when everyone else stays in bed and I have the house, tv and coffee to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those couple of hours on weekend mornings when everyone else stays in bed and I have the house, tv and coffee to myself.
    Same, up at 0600, dug out for a 30 minute walk, feed the dug, grab a coffee and we both snuggle up on the couch, Wife will surface at 10am and nip my heid 😆

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Getting the house to myself, even for a couple of hours. Apparently I’ll miss the noise when all the kids have moved out and that but for now, the odd time when there’s no wife and no kids in, is bliss.
    Oh yes that’s just bliss. Just sitting back on the couch with the remote control in hand not having to listen to the normal carnage.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Also, getting eggs just right - poached, boiled, scrambled, fried, or an omelette, when they’re just right they’re fantastic.

I do poached eggs to a tee every time and I just love when I cut it open to reveal that beautiful perfectly cooked runny middle

As a balance to my moan about litter in the outdoors on the peeves thread:

I occasionally get up about 3am on a Saturday morning and head for the hills. There is really no better feeling than parking up and starting a walk just after, or even before, sunrise. Standing on top of a mountain before most people are out their bed is just brilliant for the soul. You feel like you are the only person in the world and the scale of what's around you makes everything else just seem a bit insignificant for a small while. It's also nice to head back to the car just as others are starting their day and gradually creep back into civilisation with a few words and pleasantries to others.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I occasionally get up about 3am on a Saturday morning and head for the hills. There is really no better feeling than parking up and starting a walk just after, or even before, sunrise. Standing on top of a mountain before most people are out their bed is just brilliant for the soul. You feel like you are the only person in the world and the scale of what's around you makes everything else just seem a bit insignificant for a small while. It's also nice to head back to the car just as others are starting their day and gradually creep back into civilisation with a few words and pleasantries to others.
    That sounds fantastic.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Seeing more bees and butterflies this year than in previous years

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Getting into a bed that has freshly laundered bed sheets.

Despite my best efforts the Mrs refuses to launder and change them on a daily basis so if I had the dough that’s one thing I would happily pay for

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Little things that give you pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    When a random animal or bird interacts without fear or trepidation out the blue. Pretty much how I became a cat ‘owner’.
    There is a robin up at my allotment and it often lands right next to me when I’ve been weeding or turning over the ground and goes seeking worms.

It often stops and just looks at me for a few seconds, tilts its wee head back and forward a couple of times then just carries on...literally no more than a foot away.

It’s an amazing wee thing and often makes me stop and watch him for a while as I ponder the wonder of nature. Makes you appreciate life just that wee bit more...before I turn back to the bed and curse that it’s seeming so damn easy to cultivate weeds compared to anything else

Last edited by RyeSloan; 10-07-2019 at 09:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    The feeling of going barefoot after your feet have been wrapped in shoes and/or socks for ages

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    The feeling of going barefoot after your feet have been wrapped in shoes and/or socks for ages
    I’m looking forward to that tonight, 6am start-6pm finish in my safety boots then 5’s at 8 o’clock. That feeling of feet freedom tonight will be so so sweet.

The smell of a country when the aeroplane door opens, they're all quite different although I can never sense it when flying back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Linked to this, the feeling of jumping in a cold body of water after a day sweating your baws off at work in the heat. It gets properly hot, stiflingly so, here in summer at times and that heat doesn't properly dissipate until much later in the day than at home.

Jumping in the cold river or lake here is absolute bliss. 7 summers in, I keep thinking I'll get blasé about it but every year it's still amazing.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm sitting in arrivals at Glasgow airport and its lovely to see people overjoyed at greeting family members and maybe grandchildren they haven't seen for years.
    Its certainly making me smile.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    A good soundsystem in a club, or a proper Hi-Fi at home.

@hibs.net private member

Little things that give you pleasure

Great inspiration this ....

Ps. Do you do a solo walk ? Is that more of an experience ?
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-07-2019 at 04:36 AM.

From working my arse off in a sweat shop of a hospital with no air conditioning, to sitting by the pool in Italy, dipping my toes in as she sun beats down, all whilst sipping an ice cold pint of beer, sheer bliss ☀️

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Great inspiration this ....

Ps. Do you do a solo walk ? Is that more of an experience ?
    I quite often walk solo. If I'm up for an early start then it's not always easy to persuade people to tag along so I tend to end up on my own. I prefer walking alone anyway although I'll happily walk with others as and when the chance arises.

It's an easy thing to get started doing. The Pentlands has some great walks and is right on our doorstep. If you are after something a bit more adventurous Google 'easiest Munros' or 'Munros for beginners' and there are numerous lists and top 10s. Mountains like Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Mount Keen, Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers are all fairly straightforward walks and within easy access of the central belt. Walking alone obviously requires a bit common sense. Whilst a lot of the easier Munros have clearly identifiable paths knowing how to use a map and compass is a good idea, make sure people know where you are and carry some basic kit so you are prepared if you do have any bother. The weather is unpredicatble even in the summer, I was up Ben Lawers a week past Saturday, I left Edinburgh bathed in early morning sunshine and by the time I was a quarter of the way up the mountain I was in full waterproofs, the wind was gusting at 50mph and I couldn't see more than 6ft in front of me!
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    I quite often walk solo. If I'm up for an early start then it's not always easy to persuade people to tag along so I tend to end up on my own. I prefer walking alone anyway although I'll happily walk with others as and when the chance arises.

It's an easy thing to get started doing. The Pentlands has some great walks and is right on our doorstep. If you are after something a bit more adventurous Google 'easiest Munros' or 'Munros for beginners' and there are numerous lists and top 10s. Mountains like Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Mount Keen, Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers are all fairly straightforward walks and within easy access of the central belt. Walking alone obviously requires a bit common sense. Whilst a lot of the easier Munros have clearly identifiable paths knowing how to use a map and compass is a good idea, make sure people know where you are and carry some basic kit so you are prepared if you do have any bother. The weather is unpredicatble even in the summer, I was up Ben Lawers a week past Saturday, I left Edinburgh bathed in early morning sunshine and by the time I was a quarter of the way up the mountain I was in full waterproofs, the wind was gusting at 50mph and I couldn't see more than 6ft in front of me!
    PB

Thanks for sharing that - inspiring !!

I’m going to give it a go. Love being on the hills .....

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    The cold side of the pillow
    Definitely this.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    A good soundsystem in a club, or a proper Hi-Fi at home.
    Good shout.

Similarly, I love when there’s something on tv that makes full use of UHD and HDR so you get an amazing picture on it.

When you bite into a pear when it’s just right. Not too hard, not too squishy but that state of perfect ripeness that only happens during a two or three day window.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Asking Alexa to 'fart'

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    When a random person smiles at me or says good morning, hello etc. If I make eye contact with people in public I've started always trying to acknowledge them. It's amazing how much happier and friendlier everyone seems when you engage with them in even the briefest of ways.

Also dogs in pubs. I know there was a whole thing on the pet peeves thread about dogs in public places but I love being in a pub and seeing a dog just enjoying themselves with their owner.
    This x1000. I do this all the time. I spent years holidaying in France and everyone says bonjour or bonsoir when you pass them. Everyone. It's brilliant and really makes you happy. I do it all the time in Scotland and it is amazing the looks you get just for being pleasant. We should all do this, honestly it will make everyone feel better!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    My hammock.