hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The smell of bacon in the pan, and knowing its going on some fresh uncut bread or a crusty roll liberally spread with anchor butter.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Managing to slice roast beef properly with and old fashioned carving knife.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!
    Ohhhhh yes!

A perfectly ripe peach or nectarine. Not rock hard and not too squishy so there's brown bits and the juice goes absolutely everywhere, but just right.

One of summer's most orgasmic food experiences IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I quite often walk solo. If I'm up for an early start then it's not always easy to persuade people to tag along so I tend to end up on my own. I prefer walking alone anyway although I'll happily walk with others as and when the chance arises.

It's an easy thing to get started doing. The Pentlands has some great walks and is right on our doorstep. If you are after something a bit more adventurous Google 'easiest Munros' or 'Munros for beginners' and there are numerous lists and top 10s. Mountains like Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Mount Keen, Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers are all fairly straightforward walks and within easy access of the central belt. Walking alone obviously requires a bit common sense. Whilst a lot of the easier Munros have clearly identifiable paths knowing how to use a map and compass is a good idea, make sure people know where you are and carry some basic kit so you are prepared if you do have any bother. The weather is unpredicatble even in the summer, I was up Ben Lawers a week past Saturday, I left Edinburgh bathed in early morning sunshine and by the time I was a quarter of the way up the mountain I was in full waterproofs, the wind was gusting at 50mph and I couldn't see more than 6ft in front of me!
    Substitute “good idea” with “absolutely essential.”

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    There is a guy named Nirmal Purja who was a Ghurka and in the SBS he is current trying to climb all 14 of the 8000m peaks of the world in 7 months, he has just got no 10 after successfully doing K2, seeing this guy doing so well just cheers me up for some reason

I went into the bookies last night to put a scorecast on the Hibs game. The lady behind the counter asked if she could see some ID. I'm 33.

As ridiculous as it was, I'll take the compliment.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hearts getting beat is always a wee thing that makes me happy.

Being up really early and watching the world come too, similar to PB and his mountain climbing. Being up sharp for tractor work and the roads being absolutely dead then seeing the traffic get busier and busier is oddly satisfying. Having a break at 10am knowing you’ve already been at the graft for 5 hours. Its weird but satisfying.

A really good pint of Guinness. You rarely get one this side of the Irish Channel.
    Biddy Mulligans in the Grassmarket and The Abbotsford in Rose St are top quality. Not cheap at £4.70 but I'd rather pay that than a pound less for sour or tasteless stuff.
    The research continues......

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Boiling an egg to perfection, being soft and runny so it spreads nicely onto my toast soldiers.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 29-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    A really good pint of Guinness. You rarely get one this side of the Irish Channel.
    Biddy Mulligans in the Grassmarket and The Abbotsford in Rose St are top quality. Not cheap at £4.70 but I'd rather pay that than a pound less for sour or tasteless stuff.
    The research continues......
    Talking of the Abbotsford I'll add another:

Pubs that still serve cask beer using Aitken tall founts. The Abbotsford still has a few and it's so much better than the hand pull system if the bar and cellar staff know what they are doing. They used to be the norm in Scotland but are harder and harder to find.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    My wife of 40 years 😁
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Blog Entries
    Being diabetic and sorely missing the ‘sweeter things’ in life, I can’t describe the pleasure of a portion of 85% dark chocolate with a cup of really strong, good quality coffee before going to bed............. and no, doesn’t keep me awake all night.

When one of my favourite films is on TV, even though I have the DVD.

Discovering during first wipe that this particular sh**e doesn't require ANY wiping.

That smell of Easter Road when I haven't been at a game in a while. The smell itself isn't very nice... but I always recognise it.