hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in a fatal coach crash at the age of 15, not something I recommend. Was woken up by the highly unsettling feeling of my whole field of vision listing by 45 degrees as our coach ploughed into the road side ditch. By some utter miracle and - thank god - a seat belt I walked out untouched but how more than 1 occupant of the coach wasn't killed I don't know. What a mess.
    That's horrible mate. I didn't know Craig well but used to play football with him from time to time in the Figgy Park and the like.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was on holiday on the island of Symi and my daughter challenged me to an underwater swimming contest - who could swim out the furthest underwater. I was to go first and dove in and started swimming with long measured strokes, none of this rapid flailing through the water nonsense for me. Sadly as I was swimming I was pretty much following the seabed which is very deep there, and going both out and down at the same time. When I was getting to the point of running out of air I opened my eyes and it was pitch black.
    Oops.
    I started making for the surface as fast as I could but there wasn't even a glimmer of light and I started to panic, violently thrashing for the surface. The pressure in my head was something I have never experienced before as it felt as if my eyes were literally going to pop out of my skull, but by now I could see some light. I burst through the surface and couldn't really make anything out clearly as I had flashing sensations in my eyes and was gulping down air like there was no tomorrow. i turned to look at the shore and saw my daughter wave and then dive in, which scared the living daylights out of me, but she sensibly swam close to the surface and I could watch her progress easily enough. One bit of stupidity when I swam a few degrees down from normal and nearly paid the ultimate price.
    I shudder whenever I read about drowning swimmers and wonder how many of them did what I did but just went a tad deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's horrible mate. I didn't know Craig well but used to play football with him from time to time in the Figgy Park and the like.
    Went to nursery and primary with him, lived just along the road for most of that period.

Like I say, I don't recommend it.

Life since has been happily "near death experience" free though!

Blog Entries
    Shot in the head with .22 airifle.
    Pulled out of the North sea,they found my friend 2weeks later.
    Drove to A+E,"think I'm having a heart attack",promptly had a cardiac arrest.
    😸 6 left.

They say your life flashes before your eyes. Apparently this is because your brain is trying to find a similar experience to see if it can try to find a solution.