hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 54 of 54
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting too old for gigs these days Ö
    Sorry to be picky, and I don't mean this as criticism, but why do you say that you're too old for gigs at 46? I go to more gigs than ever before, and I'm a LOT older than 46.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Filming gigs on phones. People missing the experience there and then to watch it with awful sound and shaky camerawork later on.

    People having conversations all the way through gigs.

    People putting up little barriers with tape etc. around their group of friends tents. Soon as you leave it, I will go and take it down. Imagine having people walking past your tent at a festival that they've paid the same amount to get into as you.

    Littering at festivals, especially in the campsite.

    Instagram posers at festivals.

    The 1975.

    Having to buy tokens at festivals to get a pint. All the bars at Glastonbury are cash and it works.

    People pushing to the front of the crowd when it's clear that the front is busy and the people there have been standing for ages. Arrive earlier.

    The crowds that The Courteeners attract.

    Geoff Ellis. An out of touch man who puts on a ***** festival.

    Festival "exclusives". Want to see a touring band in Scotland in June/July? Hope they've not been signed up to TRNSMT/TITP back in the day as you're going to need to pay five times as much as a normal gig ticket to see them get 35 minutes in a 3/4 empty tent at a festival instead.
    Good post, especially the festival exclusivity thing. Used to frustrate the hell out of me when I ran a venue.

    Disagree re the camera bit, to an extent. Folk who record the entire gig yes but I like to record a few wee clips for prosperity. It doesnít ruin the gig and you donít watch through the camera. Folk have hands clapping, flags, folk on shoulders, smoke bombs etc that all block the view of others far more than a wee camera for 60 seconds. I particularly enjoy rewatching them when on flights etc (usually heading to a gig).

  4. #33
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 1975.


    Most overrated band of the last decade. Terrible music.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most overrated band of the last decade. Terrible music.
    I hate them and there dismal, whiny, radio friendly guff music and there idiotic smackrat frontman. Just awful.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  6. #35
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,800
    TITP/TRNSMT giving acts an unnaturally high position on the bill just cause they’re Scottish. Gerry Cinnamon is a glorified busker and in no way merits to sub headline and it does nothing for the credibility of artist or festival.

    I’ve been to festivals as far afield as Barcelona and nobody else does it as far as I can see.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 18-07-2019 at 09:30 AM.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  7. #36
    Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TITP/TRNSMT giving acts an unnaturally high position on the bill just cause theyíre Scottish. Gerry Cinnamon is a glorified busker and in no way merits to sub headline and it does nothing for the credibility of artist or festival.

    Iíve been to festivals as far afield as Barcelona and nobody else does it as far as I can see.
    Yet he sells out EVERY gig in seconds and had a massive turnout at his afternoon slot last year and at IOW & Glasto. What ever you think of his talents, he is box office.

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TITP/TRNSMT giving acts an unnaturally high position on the bill just cause theyíre Scottish. Gerry Cinnamon is a glorified busker and in no way merits to sub headline and it does nothing for the credibility of artist or festival.

    Iíve been to festivals as far afield as Barcelona and nobody else does it as far as I can see.
    Scots have a habit of rallying behind and flocking to fellow Scots though.

    If they played to empty tents and fields then I think your point would be valid.

    As it is, these acts still tend to go down well in these slots at these festivals.

  9. #38
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scots have a habit of rallying behind and flocking to fellow Scots though.

    If they played to empty tents and fields then I think your point would be valid.

    As it is, these acts still tend to go down well in these slots at these festivals.
    But that makes him a novelty act and novelty acts shouldnít be that high up the bill.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,504
    Watching highlights of TRNSMT, what a load of ****. Just a nedfest with an awful backing track.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching highlights of TRNSMT, what a load of ****. Just a nedfest with an awful backing track.
    I heard that the headline act for hogmanay in Princes Street Gardens is a man with a USB stick.



    Mark Ronson
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,670
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching highlights of TRNSMT, what a load of ****. Just a nedfest with an awful backing track.
    My wife's friend was there with her daughter and said she hated it. Full of drunken neds being sick everywhere and fighting.

  13. #42
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife's friend was there with her daughter and said she hated it. Full of drunken neds being sick everywhere and fighting.
    Eccied teenagers getting all excited. Awful, and thatís just the musicians.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard that the headline act for hogmanay in Princes Street Gardens is a man with a USB stick.



    Mark Ronson
    **** sake, no thanks.

  15. #44
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,800
    At festivals people who sit near the front with deckchairs and picnic blankets taking up the space of 10 people. They always moan if someone steps on their blanket too.

    People who take signs to gigs. The artist doesnít care and nobody behind you can see.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At festivals people who sit near the front with deckchairs and picnic blankets taking up the space of 10 people. They always moan if someone steps on their blanket too.

    People who take signs to gigs. The artist doesnít care and nobody behind you can see.
    Know exactly what you mean. Thankfully my time at Glastonbury is spent away from the chair ****ers at the pyramid stage. Signs and flags can do one as well.

  17. #46
    Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,086
    The flags on big long poles arenít so much of an issue when youíre at the festival, theyíre mostly well above your sight line. Total pain in the arse if youíre watching on Zitelli though.

  18. #47
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Killie
    Posts
    85
    Am going to Kendal Calling at the weekend....my 1st camping at a festival since TITP 2008 (I've done the day trip since a few times) it's my other halves 1st festival and I've started telling her what to expect....she's not looking forward to it as much now!!

  19. #48
    Testimonial Due Hiberniankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am going to Kendal Calling at the weekend....my 1st camping at a festival since TITP 2008 (I've done the day trip since a few times) it's my other halves 1st festival and I've started telling her what to expect....she's not looking forward to it as much now!!
    Iím going too, great festival. U be wearing a Hibs top haha?

  20. #49
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Killie
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím going too, great festival. U be wearing a Hibs top haha?
    Last time I wore a hibs top at a festival I was hit by a pint of luke warm lager :-\

    SkidS, BSP & Interpol T-Shirts for the arena....maybe a old hibs top for campsite ;-)

  21. #50
    Testimonial Due Hiberniankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last time I wore a hibs top at a festival I was hit by a pint of luke warm lager :-\

    SkidS, BSP & Interpol T-Shirts for the arena....maybe a old hibs top for campsite ;-)
    Iíll look out for a Hibs top in the campsite pal

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am going to Kendal Calling at the weekend....my 1st camping at a festival since TITP 2008 (I've done the day trip since a few times) it's my other halves 1st festival and I've started telling her what to expect....she's not looking forward to it as much now!!
    Really good festival. Tim Peaks cafe is a good change of pace and you might catch a wee performance or two.

  23. #52
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Killie
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really good festival. Tim Peaks cafe is a good change of pace and you might catch a wee performance or two.
    Cheers will have a nosey ;-)

  24. #53
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Killie
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll look out for a Hibs top in the campsite pal
    No probs enjoy... GGTTH

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,693
    Does "Festival" in this thread title include the Edinburgh Festival and Fringe? If so, I expect I'm about to become a daily contributor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved