hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough Frank Moon's Avatar
    Don’t remember the actual year but my Dad and I coming along Albion Road after a game we won in the 70s and a bottle hit the concrete lamppost above our head and we ended up with glass on us. My Dad still talks about it as an 85 year old!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The famous fairs cup in Newcastle. A friend was at girls schooling Newcastle and they happened to wear green blazers. They were 12 years old and spat and sworn at by Rangers fans during their lunch break. It was a protestant school they went to!
    Their hatred of anything green knows no bounds. In their stupid narrow bigoted minds green = Fenian B@@@@@d

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Moon View Post
    Don’t remember the actual year but my Dad and I coming along Albion Road after a game we won in the 70s and a bottle hit the concrete lamppost above our head and we ended up with glass on us. My Dad still talks about it as an 85 year old!
    Reminds me when I was about 18 years old, me and my mate were walking away from ER and my dad was walking about 20 yards ahead of us minding his own business. Two Huns started pavement dancing in front of him challenging him to a square go. On seeing this I ran and punched Hun 1 square in the puss and he crumpled like a cheap suit, Hun 2 bolted without any thought for his mate. Bullies and brave in numbers comes to mind.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    They were truly animals called themselves “The People!”

They truly were the **** of the earth

I remember at Hampden early seventies HIBS were winning 1-0 I think Brownlie scored it was a Scottish Cup Semi and the clock was winding down

The Rangers end blasted out “ Your gonna get your ****ing heads kicked in!”

Suddenly silence followed by a cloud of ash their end was empty

They were all around the back of the Celtic end waiting on us

Boatils bricks, cans full ay pish being grabbed by the scruff of the neck HIBS scarf up the jooks getting asked to “speak!”

I was 12 and had school in the morning my aggressor was a full grown man in his forties

I had to put oan my best parlyamo glesga by the way! a la Stanley Baxter

We had to fight our way back to our buses and trains parked and located behind The Rangers end at Mount Florida

When my parents asked how I got on at the football I smiled and said “We won!”
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 08-07-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Worst I saw was the semi-final of the Drybrough Cup in 1972.

The violence that night resulted in seats being put in the shed as that was the final straw.

Before that, there was no segregation and both sets of fans stood in the shed with a stairway between them, and bottles, cans full of 'liquid' darts and gold balls were thrown into the opposition fans. Both sets of fans would charge each other.

It was also common practice that whenever Celtic or Rangers went behind, their fans would invade the pitch to break up the play.

Rangers were either European Cup Winners Cup holders or had been the previous year and we hammered them 3-0 which shows the standard of Eddie Turnbull's team.

We had beaten them in the Scottish Cup semi a few months earlier in one of our finest ever performances at Hampden and would beat them a few months later in the League Cup semi.

Jock Stein's Celtic were our main rivals when I was growing up and although it was always good to beat Hearts, it was a 'given'

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Reminds me when I was about 18 years old, me and my mate were walking away from ER and my dad was walking about 20 yards ahead of us minding his own business. Two Huns started pavement dancing in front of him challenging him to a square go. On seeing this I ran and punched Hun 1 square in the puss and he crumpled like a cheap suit, Hun 2 bolted without any thought for his mate. Bullies and brave in numbers comes to mind.
    In a nutshell, mate. That is how they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Worst I saw was the semi-final of the Drybrough Cup in 1972.

The violence that night resulted in seats being put in the shed as that was the final straw.

Before that, there was no segregation and both sets of fans stood in the shed with a stairway between them, and bottles, cans full of 'liquid' darts and gold balls were thrown into the opposition fans. Both sets of fans would charge each other.

It was also common practice that whenever Celtic or Rangers went behind, their fans would invade the pitch to break up the play.

Rangers were either European Cup Winners Cup holders or had been the previous year and we hammered them 3-0 which shows the standard of Eddie Turnbull's team.

We had beaten them in the Scottish Cup semi a few months earlier in one of our finest ever performances at Hampden and would beat them a few months later in the League Cup semi.

Jock Stein's Celtic were our main rivals when I was growing up and although it was always good to beat Hearts, it was a 'given'
    I remember the headlines the next day about the damage caused on the trains. Smash up a choo-choo because diddums lost at football.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Did they not do the same at Wolves in the early 70s . The press called them Huns and they were spot on .
    Horrible inbred nuckle dragging bigots .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Manchester Riot 2008 UEFA Cup Final

39 Arrests 39 police injured

https://youtu.be/5v1ARlytLPo

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Manchester Riot 2008 UEFA Cup Final

39 Arrests 39 police injured

https://youtu.be/5v1ARlytLPo
    Some of the stories from that day are horrendous/ hilarious.

One of my best mates from Uni said he saw a guy (a Rangers fan) standing with a crate of empty glass bottles casually hurling them into a group of other Rangers fans who could not reach him. My mate (who is from Greenock and not someone I would mess with in a hurry having seen him in action) saw what was going on, was able to reach him and booted the crap out of him.

Whilst I'm sure there were many other injuries along the way, the majority of the bother was from huns fighting each other.