hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember when the rangers fans were planning this and got slaughtered.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just curious, is it against the rules? Would it be any different than going to Fife for a night in a hotel and going to a boozer over there? Is that against the rules? Genuinely not a clue and I’m lost with all the regulations and guidance. If it’s not against the rules then I don’t see any issue. I seen a few weeks back that the old firm fans were being threatened with fines, but under what regulations could they be hit with fines? I didn’t think there was any travel bans.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Just curious, is it against the rules? Would it be any different than going to Fife for a night in a hotel and going to a boozer over there? Is that against the rules? Genuinely not a clue and I’m lost with all the regulations and guidance. If it’s not against the rules then I don’t see any issue. I seen a few weeks back that the old firm fans were being threatened with fines, but under what regulations could they be hit with fines? I didn’t think there was any travel bans.
    Not breaking any rules however the advice is for central belt folk not to travel out of their local area unless essential. No different to going to Dunfermline for lunch.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Remember when the rangers fans were planning this and got slaughtered.
    Yeah, poor chat.

The rule is currently not to leave your Health Board area. It's only a rule, not a law. They expect people to act responsibly. If they don't they will make it a law.

My advice is to stay at home.

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by eezyrider View Post
    The rule is currently not to leave your Health Board area. It's only a rule, not a law. They expect people to act responsibly. If they don't they will make it a law.

My advice is to stay at home.

EZ
    But if you’ve already booked a holiday then they are happy for you to go? Sure that was what they said about half term last week. So they’re happy for you to travel beyond the borders of health boards as long as it was already booked, nice of the virus not to impact those in that band.

If keeping socially distanced, wearing a mask, and not using public transport are all things that stop the spread of the virus, then anyone travelling by car, wearing a mask, and taking all necessary precautions in regards to distance and hygiene then there isn’t any risk of bringing a virus back over the border.

There also isn’t any guidance for those that don’t live in the central belt, wanting to travel to other counties outwith the central belt, or across the border.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 28-10-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Coaching Staff
    But if you’ve already booked a holiday then they are happy for you to go? Sure that was what they said about half term last week. So they’re happy for you to travel beyond the borders of health boards as long as it was already booked, nice of the virus not to impact those in that band.

If keeping socially distanced, wearing a mask, and not using public transport are all things that stop the spread of the virus, then anyone travelling by car, wearing a mask, and taking all necessary precautions in regards to distance and hygiene then there isn’t any risk of bringing a virus back over the border.
    You’re not really taking all necessary precautions if you are making a trip that really isn’t required.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    You’re not really taking all necessary precautions if you are making a trip that really isn’t required.
    Regardless of how far you travel, the virus can’t spread if you wear a mask, travel alone, and sit more than 2m away from anyone else. Unless what we’ve been told is a pack of lies. We’re told if we follow those rules then it can’t spread. Or does the virus come out to play as soon as you travel over a border.

Coaching Staff
    Regardless of how far you travel, the virus can’t spread if you wear a mask, travel alone, and sit more than 2m away from anyone else. Unless what we’ve been told is a pack of lies. We’re told if we follow those rules then it can’t spread. Or does the virus come out to play as soon as you travel over a border.
    Those are things that can help limit the spread.

We’ve also been told not to travel if it isn’t completely necessary.

It’s up to everyone how they behave but in the middle of a pandemic that’s getting a bit worse again I don’t think it’s too much to ask to be sensible for a while about things.

Those are things that can help limit the spread.

We’ve also been told not to travel if it isn’t completely necessary.

It’s up to everyone how they behave but in the middle of a pandemic that’s getting a bit worse again I don’t think it’s too much to ask to be sensible for a while about things.
    We’ve been told not to travel in and out of the highest restricted areas unless necessary, and likewise when it comes to highly restricted areas in other countries, however the guidance doesn’t make reference to not travelling to areas of low prevalence.

I’m certainly not travelling, I couldn’t be arsed just for a few pints, not to mention I’m bad enough watching us against Hamilton in the company of others, let alone hearts. However, I’m not about to start calling folk every name under the sun, and listen to them being threatened with fines etc for doing nothing wrong and following the guidance they have been given. We’ve been cooked up for basically 7 months now, if someone wants to travel for a day and have a few drinks then fair enough, that’s up to them.

We’ve been told not to travel in and out of the highest restricted areas unless necessary, and likewise when it comes to highly restricted areas in other countries, however the guidance doesn’t make reference to not travelling to areas of low prevalence.

I’m certainly not travelling, I couldn’t be arsed just for a few pints, not to mention I’m bad enough watching us against Hamilton in the company of others, let alone hearts. However, I’m not about to start calling folk every name under the sun, and listen to them being threatened with fines etc for doing nothing wrong and following the guidance they have been given. We’ve been cooked up for basically 7 months now, if someone wants to travel for a day and have a few drinks then fair enough, that’s up to them.
    If they’re travelling un-necessarily they’re not following the guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    If they’re travelling un-necessarily they’re not following the guidance.
    We are not imposing mandatory travel restrictions at this stage however:

you should minimise public transport use as much as possible, however it may be necessary for travel to education, undertaking caring responsibilities and work, where it cannot be done from home
    people living in the five health board areas are advised not to travel outside the health board area they live in, unless they need to
    people in other parts of Scotland should not travel to these areas unless they need to
    you should access goods, services and activities in your local area as much as possible
    please walk, drive and cycle when you can to save space on public transport for those who need it
    please work from home if you can

Check local guidance before travelling to others parts of the UK, and if possible avoid travelling to areas with restrictions in place. See local advice and measures.

Really??

I think you’re a wee bit out of touch.I ‘ve never heard anyone say “follow these rules and it can’t spread”.Touching the wrong door handle is one of the easiest ways to pick it up,never mind sitting at a table not properly cleaned or drinking out of a dirty glass.

Coaching Staff
    We are not imposing mandatory travel restrictions at this stage however:

you should minimise public transport use as much as possible, however it may be necessary for travel to education, undertaking caring responsibilities and work, where it cannot be done from home
    people living in the five health board areas are advised not to travel outside the health board area they live in, unless they need to
    people in other parts of Scotland should not travel to these areas unless they need to
    you should access goods, services and activities in your local area as much as possible
    please walk, drive and cycle when you can to save space on public transport for those who need it
    please work from home if you can

Check local guidance before travelling to others parts of the UK, and if possible avoid travelling to areas with restrictions in place. See local advice and measures.

Really??
    Yes, that says don’t travel unless you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I think you’re a wee bit out of touch.I ‘ve never heard anyone say “follow these rules and it can’t spread”.Touching the wrong door handle is one of the easiest ways to pick it up,never mind sitting at a table not properly cleaned or drinking out of a dirty glass.
    Hand sanitiser kills the germs after touching surfaces, and any pub that doesn’t clean tables or glasses shouldn’t be open.

Yes, that says don’t travel unless you need to.
    Only from the 5 affected health boards in the central belt.

Y
    Hand sanitiser kills the germs after touching surfaces, and any pub that doesn’t clean tables or glasses shouldn’t be open.
    It’s doing it properly that matters isn’t it?

Y

It’s doing it properly that matters isn’t it?
    cleaning glasses and tables? It’s not a military operation, fairly simple to wash dishes and clean tables properly.

T
    cleaning glasses and tables? It’s not a military operation, fairly simple to wash dishes and clean tables properly.
    Wonder why they’re shutting pubs if it’s all so simple?

T

Wonder why they’re shutting pubs if it’s all so simple?
    Easy target. Quick look at figures shows that transmissions in pubs and restaurants are far lower than a lot of other areas that have avoided the cull. If it’s so dangerous why are they still open outwith the central belt? Is it just the central belts landlords that have a disregard for social distancing, for cleaning glasses or tables?

Going by your argument, the pubs are still open in the north of England, so does that mean they are safe to visit?

Anyway, that’s completely off topic, facts are there are no rules or official guidance regarding travel outwith the central belt, ie from the borders to England etc.

Coaching Staff
    Easy target. Quick look at figures shows that transmissions in pubs and restaurants are far lower than a lot of other areas that have avoided the cull. If it’s so dangerous why are they still open outwith the central belt? Is it just the central belts landlords that have a disregard for social distancing, for cleaning glasses or tables?

Going by your argument, the pubs are still open in the north of England, so does that mean they are safe to visit?
    It is a pretty fluid situation and it is being managed through trying to open up what can be opened up but having to react in areas where it is known that cases are rising.

If we are being asked at times not to travel to or from certain areas then it shouldn’t be too much to ask. Certainly when we’re talking about travelling somewhere to watch a game that can be watched here.

No idea whether a pub is safe or not although I would imagine it is safer not to go into one. I was just pointing out to you that it was incorrect to say that if you take the precautions you listed that the virus couldn’t spread.

The way I see it is the more people follow the guidance the better chance we have of getting fans back into stadiums, people back in pubs and folk seeing families at Christmas.

Anyone going to a busy pub in Carlisle, good luck keeping 2m away from everyone else and good luck drinking your pints while wearing your mask.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Anyway, that’s completely off topic, facts are there are no rules or official guidance regarding travel outwith the central belt, ie from the borders to England etc.
    Massive swathes of North of England with no pubs open at all. Personally don't think it is right going to a lower prevalence area from a higher one.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    CORONAVIRUS
    Covid in Scotland: police to act if punters flee for pubs in lower tier
    Mark McLaughlin
    Thursday October 29 2020, 12.01am, The Times
    Travel will be permitted between areas under the same level of restriction but not between high and low tiers

People who leave coronavirus hotspots to drink in more lightly regulated areas will face police action, a Scottish minister has said.

Mike Russell, Scotland’s constitutional relations secretary, confirmed that restrictions on travelling between areas under different tiers would be enforced.

Nicola Sturgeon, the first minister, is expected to announce today which areas will face the toughest rules under her new five-tier system.

Lanarkshire residents have been told to prepare for a return to lockdown under Level 4, the highest tier, with household mixing banned and all but essential businesses closed. Schools are expected to remain open.

The Highlands and Islands are expected to come under lighter restrictions, potentially as low as Level 1, with alcohol served freely until 10.30pm.

Mr Russell told the Scottish parliament’s Covid-19 committee that anyone considering a trip from Lanarkshire to the Highlands was likely to face police action.

He said: “You should not move about the country, particularly from a higher to a lower area, and you should not put yourself in the way of increased transmission.

“We’re not in a position where the police should be stopping people from crossing the street or doing things of that nature but they should be, and are, active in saying to people, ‘This is not the sensible thing to do, this is the wrong thing to do.’”

“Of course if people go further than that, and we’ve seen today reporting of a very small number of people being involved in gatherings of one sort or another, then action will be taken.

“I think broadly people understand this and . . . are now making sure that they aren’t undertaking excessive movement. We’re going to continue to emphasise that very strongly.

“Of course we can put it in regulation, and indeed the indication is on the levels that we have, that those are underpinned by regulation, but we have to continue to seek to take this forward as much by consent as possible.”

Travel will be permitted between areas under the same level of restriction.

Jason Leitch, Scotland’s clinical director, said that this would be welcome news for amateur football clubs which can resume away matches with teams under the same tier.

However, Mr Russell warned that remote communities may have to shift up a level, even when transmission is low, if hospital beds and ventilators start running out in the nearest town or city hospital.

Mr Russell said: “South Lanarkshire has a huge rural hinterland but the services that support the essential services, particularly in terms of intensive care unit and ventilators, are the same as the rest of Lanarkshire so taking a risk with [a lower level in rural Lanarkshire] would be a risk that would affect those central services.”

There was more encouraging news for Inverclyde, which saw the highest rate of deaths per head of population in the first wave but is faring better now as cases rise across the country.

Professor Leitch said Inverclyde may initially face Level 3 restrictions, similar to the restrictions at present, with pubs closed but businesses open. It could, however, “move down over time faster than some of the other local authorities” in the central belt, he said.

He said that a higher proportion of Inverclyde residents may have gained immunity during the first wave, making them less susceptible to the virus now.

Hope they get arrested.

Here are the rules on travel taken from the Scottish Government web site
    Travel

“We want you to be safe. Please think about whether you need to travel, especially if you live in, or would be travelling to or through, the Central Belt. If you need to travel, follow FACTS and stay safe.

We are not imposing mandatory travel restrictions at this stage however you should:

avoid public transport unless it is absolutely necessary – for example for going to school or to work, if home working is not an option
    people living in the five health board areas are advised not to travel outside the health board area they live in, unless they need to;
    people in other parts of Scotland should not travel to these areas unless they need to.”

When I heard that Rangers fans planned to travel to England to watch the the Old Firm game I thought that it was typical of these dicks. I expect better of Hibs fans. Don’t be a dick!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I suspect there will be a lot of rule breaking going on around Edinburgh on Saturday with folk going round to a mate’s house to watch with pals.

All this discussion from one (mischief making) guy saying he's going to Carlisle to watch the game.