hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't want to defend preston, but Hibs.net accounts for a minority of Hibs fans and not a representative minority at that. I have no idea how the majority of Hibs fans think regarding Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie, but I would guess that views would be very mixed. There are guys who detest them, guys who are ambivalent and guys who have respect for them, I don't know any who love them.

I do think that naming a stand the Sir Tom Farmer would be met with very little protest. The "Sir" sticks in my throat a bit, but not enough to protest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Radio Scotland either by accident or design managed to have a panel discussing the Hibs takeover of Alan Preston, Peter Houston, Gary Naysmith and Billy Dodds. All entitled to their opinion but not exactly views that Hibs supporters are really interested in hearing.
    Gary Naismith seems a decent guy.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Never heard it, so they were discussing Hibs with three Jambos and a Hun, and none of which will actually have any clue about the takeover but will pretend that they did. Radio Scotland is a joke when it comes to Hibs, I suppose it could have been worse, at least they didn't have Kano and Pia on.
    2 Huns Preston is a pretend yam but a rangers fan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Gary Naismith seems a decent guy.
    For a boyhood hun who now supports hearts.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Preston on just after 11 mins, Hecky on 1st
    Said the new ownership was positive for Hibs

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...ast%3Ap07g72wt

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The **** is a bigger arse than forty bums.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I don't want to defend preston, but Hibs.net accounts for a minority of Hibs fans and not a representative minority at that. I have no idea how the majority of Hibs fans think regarding Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie, but I would guess that views would be very mixed. There are guys who detest them, guys who are ambivalent and guys who have respect for them, I don't know any who love them.

I do think that naming a stand the Sir Tom Farmer would be met with very little protest. The "Sir" sticks in my throat a bit, but not enough to protest.
    Hibs.Net is much more of a representation of Hibs fans than Preston and his pals' are.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    For a boyhood hun who now supports hearts.
    Don't care what team he supported or played for just seems decent every time he has been on the radio.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    To be fair to Radio Scotland they spent about 30 min on Hibs. Down side was 3 Jambos (Preston, Houston, G Naismith) in the studio and a hun (Billy Dodds).

Houston was the most positive but Preston reserved judgement and said it’s a watching brief. GIRUY.

Claimed Budge was far more popular that STF because she was visible. Not sure every jambo would agree with that.
    Sums it up for me

Best ignore BBC

They hate us

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don't care what team he supported or played for just seems decent every time he has been on the radio.
    Yeah I agree, for a....

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Who mentioned Petrie?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not to mention attractive looking....
    Depends who on. Presume you are nowhere near bus pass age!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    The twat shouldn't be anywhere near national radio as he has no brain cells. Honestly, what school did this thicko attend?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
    Oh dear.

I'm always a wee bit confused by the folk who say Hibs.Net isn't representative of how or what Hibs fans are thinking, measured against what exactly? Because as far as I can see there isn't anywhere comparable where the opinions and attitudes of Hibs fans can be measured against what happens on here, with the possible exception of the bounce, which AFAIK has far far fewer members, and facebook which we all know is fairly well populated by nut jobs half of whom you wonder why they support Hibs at all.

In view of that I would suggest Hibs.Net is a pretty decent barometer of how Hibs fans are feeling … not all of them for sure, but national political opinion polls are usually reasonably accurate and they often poll far fewer people than the two thousand odd members this forum has to gauge the overall opinions of millions of people.

My guess is that the number of the whole Hibs support worldwide who would object to a stand being named after STF wouldn't make a decent queue at one of Easter Road's pie stalls.

Where I agree with you is the 'Sir' bit …. I'm a massive opponent of all that pish as well, but like you not enough that it would have any bearing on whether or not I would support a Sir Tom Farmer stand.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

That said, I have heard him on the Radio talking Hibs on two occasions and it was really embarrassing. He came across as a moron tbh.
    How very perceptive...

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Leith Academy
    Alan Duncan Preston I bet he got bullied at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Depends who on. Presume you are nowhere near bus pass age!
    Not there yet but getting there. Disagree with you though, the older and more rickety I get the more grateful I am to be seeing a pair. Any pair......😂

Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    Heid flushed doon the lavvy for being a grass

Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    He didn't. I knew Allan very well at school and he was a decent guy.

Not spoken to him in about 20 years, last time was when he was still playing and he saw me waiting at the bus stop and stopped to give me a lift, just chatted away, no airs and graces.

Part of an excellent school football team that got to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Heid flushed doon the lavvy for being a grass

You don't get a face like that without a fair bit of flushing and contact with the contents

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    He didn't. I knew Allan very well at school and he was a decent guy.

Not spoken to him in about 20 years, last time was when he was still playing and he saw me waiting at the bus stop and stopped to give me a lift, just chatted away, no airs and graces

Part of an excellent school football team that got to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup.
    I must have been at school with you wallpaper man. Alan never had any time for Hibs but seemed to get even worse when he had his short spell at hertz. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Flanny boy View Post
    I must have been at school with you wallpaper man. Alan never had any time for Hibs but seemed to get even worse when he had his short spell at hertz. GGTTH
    Yes, the just turned age 50 or about to group.

He was a Rangers fan (more sympathiser, I don't ever remember him talking about going to games, probably because he played multiple games at the weekend). Can't say I remember him having much opinion about Hibs or Hearts for that matter either positive or negative.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Yes, the just turned age 50 or about to group.

He was a Rangers fan (more sympathiser, I don't ever remember him talking about going to games, probably because he played multiple games at the weekend). Can't say I remember him having much opinion about Hibs or Hearts for that matter either positive or negative.
    Yes same age group I'm afraid. I do remember him wearing a hun scarf to school but as you say i never actually remember him going to any games, he's definitely not Hibs friendly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Radio Scotland either by accident or design managed to have a panel discussing the Hibs takeover of Alan Preston, Peter Houston, Gary Naysmith and Billy Dodds. All entitled to their opinion but not exactly views that Hibs supporters are really interested in hearing.
    I think this sums up the relevance of the comments quite accurately.

Preston is one of the better pundits on the radio in my opinion. We all know he's Hearts-mad. So what?
    At least he's not always trying to make jokes and banter like some others. I'm fed up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Houston's a Celtc fan, isn't he?
    He is indeed - and a big one at that. People seem to tag him with the Jambo label because he served under Potter. I spoke to him at length in Molde and he was very complimentary about Hibs. Loved playing the panto villain when he was in charge at Falkirk.

Agreed.

Neither this place,the Facebook group's or any other online groups are at all representative, on anything contentious.

Its just the nature of such forums.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Its who enables these muppets that’s the problem - we should be asking who’s the producer/editor and why). Should agents be allowed to spout their opinions on national public radio ? Talking up or down players ?
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 07-07-2019 at 05:40 AM.

I listened to the whole thing and thought AP was very complimentary about the way STF and RP ran Hibs and criticised Vlad’s tenure several times. I disagreed with his opinion on whether Hibs fans would want to name a stand after STF but that was his opinion and he wasn’t trying to be insulting to the fans in any way. Ps I’d support s STF stand

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Its who enables these muppets that’s the problem - we should be asking who’s the producer/editor and why). Should agents be allowed to spout their opinions on national public radio ? Talking up or down players ?
    Agree with this. I always find it really wrong that guys with an obvious support for a specific team are always given that team to commentate on too - hardly objective is it!!

That being said, a lot the uproar on here seems like that modern phenomenon of people only being interested in having their own opinions mirrored in other people, and get indignant when someone doesn't reflect back what they want to hear. All very 'social media' imo...

Preston is not a good radio pundit imo (hes far too inarticulate, although that counts for a few of them), but I bet he knows more about the goings on in and around football than 99% of us on here.

His opinion on a hibs take over however is of dubious value - its a subject on which he has almost no qualification to speak, and quite why radio Scotland is incapable of changing its roster to suit the topic (and maybe freshening it up a bit) is beyond me. Why not get experts on? Of if they are really interested in the views of hibs fans, get someone from here, the bounce, of the HSA.
    Last edited by James Stephen; 07-07-2019 at 07:00 AM.