hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he would have been ideal. I suppose Portsmouth isn’t a bad move for him for a year

Killie have done well finding Power and Dicker for that position in recent seasons. I’m sure we have targets that we’re working on. We’ve just been spoiled with so many other signings coming in early for once!
    Watched Dicker play a season for Carlisle Utd pre Killie and he was rank. Doesn't always add up. That's thr curse and intrigue of football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Dylan played his best football in a Hibs shirt under Lennon. Neil got the best out off Dylan wether he likes it or not. I’m confident he won’t see form like that anytime in his career going forward. I think the right mix of players in the midfield allowed Dylan to shine and flourish. He lasted one year in the third tier of English football and couldn’t cut it. Time will tell how great he is.
    Think he played well under Stubbs but injured a lot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Aberdeen's style of football has done not too bad for the likes of Mclean, Shinnie and Jack who have all went on to bigger things since leaving them. Seems they churn out some decent midfielders?

McGeouch's style of play is absolutely nothing like the players you mention above.

He is an excellent player and would be an asset to any team in Scotland bar Celtic who deemed him surplus to requirements. He is a cup winner and had a very good spell with us previously. Anyone who thinks we should not go for him has a very short memory. He was up there with Mcginn as our top performer

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Think he played well under Stubbs but injured a lot.
    He was very good under Stubbs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Maybe a controversial view but I'd sell Mallan if it helped to get a mid 3 of mCGeough, Allan & Omeonga

An Aberdeen v Hibs game where McGeough is in red and Mallan in green risks being one where the team in red have the ball and we can't get it off them
    Not controversial at all - I'm reaching for the Kleenex at the very thought of McGeough, Allan & Omeonga ! C'mon Hecky - make it happen !

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    He is an excellent player and would be an asset to any team in Scotland bar Celtic who deemed him surplus to requirements. He is a cup winner and had a very good spell with us previously. Anyone who thinks we should not go for him has a very short memory. He was up there with Mcginn as our top performer
    My memory is mine, I'd just prefer us to sign players for positions that need filled, not follow the Lennon pattern of signing talented players then 6+ months later still have no idea how to fit them together in a balanced formation. The bit in bold just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    My memory is mine, I'd just prefer us to sign players for positions that need filled, not follow the Lennon pattern of signing talented players then 6+ months later still have no idea how to fit them together in a balanced formation. The bit in bold just isn't true.
    McGinn was obviously the better player and his impact was missed the most but the fact McGeouch was POTY before leaving over McGinn says a lot about how important he was to us that final season.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    McGinn was obviously the better player and his impact was missed the most but the fact McGeouch was POTY before leaving over McGinn says a lot about how important he was to us that final season.
    I always thought that McGeoch was just as essential as mcginn and alan. His simple pass and move got us attacking a lot quicker than folk appreciate and he very rarely lost the ball which eased pressure on the defence. Id love to see him back but the nagging doubt regards his injury record is the only issue. It will not be about money if it's a loan deal so a season long loan deal would suit both parties. Hecky doesn't seem keen,probably as he is going on last season where he couldn't get into the Sunderland team. I trust heckys judgement so I'll leave it to him. Fwiw i think Aberdeen haven't made great signings bar Bryson who will suit them and McGeoch would enhance their squad but it would be a gamble with his I jury problems. I wish Dylan success wherever he goes as it was a pleasure watching him at er.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I always thought that McGeoch was just as essential as mcginn and alan. His simple pass and move got us attacking a lot quicker than folk appreciate and he very rarely lost the ball which eased pressure on the defence. Id love to see him back but the nagging doubt regards his injury record is the only issue. It will not be about money if it's a loan deal so a season long loan deal would suit both parties. Hecky doesn't seem keen,probably as he is going on last season where he couldn't get into the Sunderland team. I trust heckys judgement so I'll leave it to him. Fwiw i think Aberdeen haven't made great signings bar Bryson who will suit them and McGeoch would enhance their squad but it would be a gamble with his I jury problems. I wish Dylan success wherever he goes as it was a pleasure watching him at er.
    Watching us yesterday, a player like Dylan McGeouch would have walked right into our team. Someone that gets on the ball and controls the midfield. Heckingbottom mentioning that he isn’t interested in him makes me wonder who it is that we are in for? Aberdeen will have signed a very good player.

Reading the Aberdeen forum, the player that they are raving about is Ryan Hedges. Saying his playing style is very similar to Jonny Hayes.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Out that top top midfield, nae chance McGinn back he’s going places, S.A. back, if there’s a chance of a proven class in Hibs jersey player like McGeouch coming back we’ve gotta go for it imo, & build around it, sure fitness an issue more than some but how good was that midfield that 2nd half of that season, there wouldn’t have been many watching that quality, chance of 2/3 back & building from there bit of a no brainer for me!

Dylan McGeough was a fantastic player throughout his time at Hibs. He obviously had an issue with a long term injury but when he played we were a better side. The myth he 'needed McGinn and Allan' is exactly that. A myth. People underestimate the importance of a player who can take the ball, keep it and move it on.

People trying to downplay how good a player McGeough is are just trying to rewrite history because he is potentially signing for a rival imo. Some of the nonsense being written is just bizarre.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Dylan McGeough was a fantastic player throughout his time at Hibs. He obviously had an issue with a long term injury but when he played we were a better side. The myth he 'needed McGinn and Allan' is exactly that. A myth. People underestimate the importance of a player who can take the ball, keep it and move it on.

People trying to downplay how good a player McGeough is are just trying to rewrite history because he is potentially signing for a rival imo. Some of the nonsense being written is just bizarre.
    I think there’s an element of people just trying to support the manager who has clearly made his decision on Mcgeouch.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think there’s an element of people just trying to support the manager who has clearly made his decision on Mcgeouch.
    Yeah. Good points...the fact remains , we know more about McGeouch than PH does...no doubt he would be a great addition..

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yeah. Good points...the fact remains , we know more about McGeouch than PH does...no doubt he would be a great addition..
    Yeah, if he was to sign then I think he’d be a really good signing.

But he’s not so I don’t see the point in worrying too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm quite sure George Craig et al have passed on their opinions to the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Fair enough. I'd argue it's possible to support the managers decision without just blatantly lying.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I'm quite sure George Craig et al have passed on their opinions to the manager.
    Fair points - yet PH doesn’t fancy him ...if they weren’t giving him a good review I’d be a little confused ...

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Tragic fall from grace for Dylan if he ends up playing for Mcwinless at Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Only time I recall Dylan showing his real class and grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck was second half at Hampden versus the sheep and even then he injured himself celebrating the goal

Better player and midfielder for me was Kevin Thomson

I've not completely given up on Heckingbottom going after Dylan. I know he said he'd had a look at him and we weren't pursuing it but there was something about how he said it that made me wonder if he was just trying to throw people off the scent as he didn't want to reveal his hand.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Tragic fall from grace for Dylan if he ends up playing for Mcwinless at Aberdeen.
    Would quite happily take his league performances over the last 6 seasons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Watching us yesterday, a player like Dylan McGeouch would have walked right into our team. Someone that gets on the ball and controls the midfield. Heckingbottom mentioning that he isn’t interested in him makes me wonder who it is that we are in for? Aberdeen will have signed a very good player.

Reading the Aberdeen forum, the player that they are raving about is Ryan Hedges. Saying his playing style is very similar to Jonny Hayes.
    Hedges is a very good talent, could walk into the Celtic and Rangers team imho

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Only time I recall Dylan showing his real class and grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck was second half at Hampden versus the sheep and even then he injured himself celebrating the goal

Better player and midfielder for me was Kevin Thomson

That’s as maybe but KT isn’t available anymore... and his final season at ER showed why stopped playing.

In fact, had Dylan been available for the 2016 League Cup Final instead, I’m convinced we would have won it.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    That’s as maybe but KT isn’t available anymore... and his final season at ER showed why stopped playing.

In fact, had Dylan been available for the 2016 League Cup Final instead, I’m convinced we would have won it.
    Cannae argue with that......

But in their prime....

Like for like ...was what I meant

Then again Broony !!!

Whole different ball game 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Dylan McGeough was a fantastic player throughout his time at Hibs. He obviously had an issue with a long term injury but when he played we were a better side. The myth he 'needed McGinn and Allan' is exactly that. A myth. People underestimate the importance of a play can take the ball, keep it and move it on.

It’s not a myth, it’s a fact. What McGeouch brings to the team is ineffectual without good players in front of him.

The bigger myth is that Scott Allan and SJM needed McGeouch to flourish.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Would quite happily take his league performances over the last 6 seasons.
    Bottle jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Bottle jobs
    6 consecutive top 4 finishes, 4 in 2nd place. It’s been nearly 15 years since we had the “bottle” required to finish higher than 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    It’s not a myth, it’s a fact. What McGeouch brings to the team is ineffectual without good players in front of him.

The bigger myth is that Scott Allan and SJM needed McGeouch to flourish.
    It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion.
    It’s a fact that he’s not great defensively, rarely If ever provided an assist and scored once in his last 2 years with us.