hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I say, he was a cracking player but I'd rather we weren't signing guys who are injured more often than not but each to their own.
    Being injured for 40 games and playing in over 120 games over the course of 4 seasons does not equate to being "injured more often than not".

That works out as him having played in roughly 75% of matches for us over the course of 4 years.

It's ok to be sad at a rival signing one of our ex-players, especially a good one like Dylan McGeouch but just blatantly making stuff up to try and fit your argument is just silly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Being injured for 40 games and playing in over 120 games over the course of 4 seasons does not equate to being "injured more often than not".

That works out as him having played in roughly 75% of matches for us over the course of 4 years.

It's ok to be sad at a rival signing one of our ex-players, especially a good one like Dylan McGeouch but just blatantly making stuff up to try and fit your argument is just silly.
    What exactly am I making up, go have a look at the stats and see for yourself, his last season was the only one he played in without an injury that kept him out for a length of time,again just a bit of a coincidence he was looking for a new contract somewhere at the time, and I'm certainly not sad he has signed for aberdeen, I really dont let football bother me that much that I'd get upset over that!!

Did not start all of them though and was injured in over 40 games for the club was he not
    As I say, he was a cracking player but I'd rather we weren't signing guys who are injured more often than not but each to their own.
    What exactly am I making up, go have a look at the stats and see for yourself, his last season was the only one he played in without an injury that kept him out for a length of time,again just a bit of a coincidence he was looking for a new contract somewhere at the time, and I'm certainly not sad he has signed for aberdeen, I really dont let football bother me that much that I'd get upset over that!!
    Your two posts above directly contradict one another.

On one hand you have said you would rather we weren't signing players who were injured more often than not and in your other post you have said he missed 40 games for us (over 4 years).

Missing an average of 10 games a season over 4 seasons does not equate to being injured more often than not, no matter what way you work it out.

Even if you ignore his last season with us, which you acknowledge was the one he played the most games in for us, he had still made 79 appearances by the end of his 3rd season which is an average of more than 25 games per season and if my maths is correct we played 149 games in all competitions during those 3 seasons meaning he played in more than half of the available games.

On one hand you have said you would rather we weren't signing players who were injured more often than not and in your other post you have said he missed 40 games for us (over 4 years).

Missing an average of 10 games a season over 4 seasons does not equate to being injured more often than not, no matter what way you work it out.

Even if you ignore his last season with us, which you acknowledge was the one he played the most games in for us, he had still made 79 appearances by the end of his 3rd season which is an average of more than 25 games per season and if my maths is correct we played 149 games in all competitions during those 3 seasons meaning he played in more than half of the available games.

TBH he's not really that wrong, we played around 45 games per season with all the cup matches added to the 36 league games and Dylan's 3 seasons in the championship was 26, 30 and 23, that's a fair chunk of games missing, his final season he played 42 times.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    TBH he's not really that wrong, we played around 45 games per season with all the cup matches added to the 36 league games and Dylan's 3 seasons in the championship was 26, 30 and 23, that's a fair chunk of games missing, his final season he played 42 times.
    He still played in over half the games that he could have played in during the first 3 seasons he was with us. Maybe even slightly more since he didn't sign until a month into his first season.

That he played the highest number of games during his final season with us is not up for debate, it's a fact. I'm disputing the claim that he was "injured more often than not" for the other 3 seasons and also the insinuation that the times that he was absent for us may not have been entirely genuine.

You also need to factor in the fact that every time he was out for a few weeks he would take a couple of games to get up to speed. Look it's a gamble by the dons and time will tell. If we signed him and he played a few times then was out for months Ross and Hibs would have been slated for signing a crock. There is no right and wrong in this.

Testimonial Due

Still a very high level of absenteeism. Could you imagine Scott Allan being that unavailable for that number of games.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Sorry but it doesnt matter how you dress it up, he missed lots of games due to injuries and I'd rather we stayed well clear, our manager clearly thought so as well, the guy who signed him for his last club where he was injured a fair bit of the time as well remember, a good player when fit but we need someone who wont be playing here and there for most of the season. I'll stay out of this now as it's pretty pointless anyway, he is not our player any longer

Left by mutual consent!
    Would be nice if we could put the Dylan Mcgeouch chat to bed.

Its been done to death. Its over and he isnt coming back.

Move on

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Would be nice if we could put the Dylan Mcgeouch chat to bed.

Its been done to death. Its over and he isnt coming back.

Move on
    Would be nice if people could just discuss whatever they wanted (within the rules) on here without others trying to moderate it. If you're not interested, don't open the thread.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Would be nice if people could just discuss whatever they wanted (within the rules) on here without others trying to moderate it. If you're not interested, don't open the thread.
    Agree we need to put this one to bed. The arguments for and against are just being repeated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe already mentioned, but Dylan must have had a recent hair transplant. No big deal, but I didn't recognise him at first:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51071552

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Maybe already mentioned, but Dylan must have had a recent hair transplant. No big deal, but I didn't recognise him at first:

He’s done a Rooney!

Takes his place in the Hibs hair transplant team, along with Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Steven Fletcher, Anthony Stokes, Martin Boyle and more. Decent side.

Left by mutual consent!
    We’ll no bring in better. Simples! A total lack of ambition from the club.

The third biggest attendances for the second year on the bounce but still floundering for a top six finish. It’s not good enough.

We need to be signing the best players we can possibly get and you’d surely have thought we’d be favourites to bring Dylan back considering our recent history.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Takes his place in the Hibs hair transplant team, along with Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Steven Fletcher, Anthony Stokes, Martin Boyle and more. Decent side.
    Don't forget Leigh Griffiths.

Not sure I recall Kevin Thomson losing his hair?

David Gray had significantly more hair when he joined us (see his magnificent opening goal below) but I'm glad he never went down the transplant route. He's a brilliant (and legendary) baldie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA

Don't forget Leigh Griffiths.

Not sure I recall Kevin Thomson losing his hair?

David Gray had significantly more hair when he joined us (see his magnificent opening goal below) but I'm glad he never went down the transplant route. He's a brilliant (and legendary) baldie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA
    Thommo definitely had one, was falling out at Rangers.

First Team Breakthrough
    McGeoch also started a fair few games in his first couple of years at Hibs where he barely lasted 15 minutes before going off with a muscle injury. Still a cup winning legend and part of one of the best midfields I have see at Hibs with McGinn and Allan for the 2nd half of the 2018/19 season. Will always remember him fondly

Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    McGeoch also started a fair few games in his first couple of years at Hibs where he barely lasted 15 minutes before going off with a muscle injury. Still a cup winning legend and part of one of the best midfields I have see at Hibs with McGinn and Allan for the 2nd half of the 2018/19 season. Will always remember him fondly
    He went off in the first half injured 3 times in the first 2 years. Not that bad really.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post

The third biggest attendances for the second year on the bounce but still floundering for a top six finish. It’s not good enough.

We need to be signing the best players we can possibly get and you’d surely have thought we’d be favourites to bring Dylan back considering our recent history.
    You never know, the Birmingham youth player could be the answer to our prayers and it will justify why there was apparently no interest by the club for the best footballer to put his foot on the ball and make a pass and space since boozy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You never know, the Birmingham youth player could be the answer to our prayers and it will justify why there was apparently no interest by the club for the best footballer to put his foot on the ball and make a pass and space since boozy.
    I’m always happy to be proved wrong 😊😉

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post

Is it still a lack of ambition if we chose not to bring him in (and it was the club's choice) because we had our sights set on better?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Is it still a lack of ambition if we chose not to bring him in (and it was the club's choice) because we had our sights set on better?
    As I’ve already said, I’d be very happy to be proved wrong. Whether we wanted Dylan or not, I think it’s a mistake that’ll come back to haunt us. I can see him doing well up the road and that’ll hurt many of us.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    Went off in the first half about a week before the cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Just need to see who we do bring in I think he came available at the wrong time for us as given the pretty lightweight midfield we have he probably wouldn't have provided the right balance. Assume the manager decided a more physical player who can also play was likely the better option. Time will of course tell on that but managers are there to make the tough calls and just hope the person brought in is quality also.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Went off in the first half about a week before the cup final.
    Had to go off on the semi vs Aberdeen after drawing us level.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Had to go off on the semi vs Aberdeen after drawing us level.
    Yep just when I thought we were going to win.