hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let’s get this straight...

Hibs just got a buyout, debt cleared, 7 figure funding

And

Man U are in for McGinn for £50m

This is surely due us a bigger party than the SC win.

When we won the cup, McGinn was valued at about £1m, we were upto our eyeballs in debt with no hope of funding from Sir Tom.

The future is definitely green and white.

What’s hearts assets to debt levels? Did administration sort them out or are they still in a bad nick? Thought Budge is a billionaire?

2. Log in to remove the advert

United aren't in for Mcginn, was just a pishy sun article based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ColintonHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And

When we won the cup, McGinn was valued at about £1m, we were upto our eyeballs in debt with no hope of funding from Sir Tom.

What’s hearts assets to debt levels? Did administration sort them out or are they still in a bad nick? Thought Budge is a billionaire?
    Is this a whoosh moment? Certainly weren't up to our eyeballs in debt

And

At least your first sentence has some basis in reality.....
    The rest is Pish.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

And

hearts will be fine financially. Sadly.

And

The mindset that "having more cash> the most glorious and enjoyable sporting achievement any of us will ever witness our club achieve" is everything that is wrong with modern football.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    At least your first sentence has some basis in reality.....
    The rest is Pish.
    Funny but true.

First Team Breakthrough esjorto's Avatar
    There are still some of us around who saw Hibs win the League - and more than once!!

And

This has to be a wind-up right ?
    Seems to me that it the sort of thing an under-cover yam would post as they all think we are more interested in our bank balance than the football.

The 50 Million quid rumor was started by Petrie, to entice the new owner

Quote Originally Posted by esjorto View Post
    There are still some of us around who saw Hibs win the League - and more than once!!
    Funnily enough I was just thinking the other day that it would be interesting to read something from fans who remember our last league wins . Every time we reach a SC final a couple of fans give their memories of 1958 final v Clyde but i don`t remember anyone reminiscing about when we were champions in 50s . Would be wortha thread of its own .

Quote Originally Posted by esjorto View Post
    Not sure if this was in response to my post, but in my opinion the Scottish Cup victory eclipses our league titles.

Controversial I know, but even players who played in teams who won the league for Hibs had a thing about Hibs and not winning the cup.

The cup win was massive.

If Hibs win the league in future, I still don't think it will be as big an achievement as the cup win.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Not sure if this was in response to my post, but in my opinion the Scottish Cup victory eclipses our league titles.

Controversial I know, but even players who played in teams who won the league for Hibs had a thing about Hibs and not winning the cup.

The cup win was massive.

If Hibs win the league in future, I still don't think it will be as big an achievement as the cup win.
    In many respects I agree.
    Many of us have seen the club “win leagues” in the last 30/40 years. OK - they were the ‘old’ Division 2 but championships nevertheless.
    That said, winning these titles was ultimately more of a relief because it meant promotion back to the top tier.

Winning the Cup (and you have to include the League cups in this to maybe a lesser extent) is a totally different emotion to feel as a football supporter. It’s the immediacy of a winning a cup final that is so different. Also the manner of how it was won and who it was against.

So you’re right Smartie. A league win wouldn’t top the 2016 cup win in terms of one off on the day excitement. Maybe only a European final win would do that. But then again..........who’s to say!!

And

If you think an interest free loan of 4 million quid payable at half a million a year to a benevolent owner is being up to your eyeballs in debt for a professional football club then half the worlds clubs are screwed mate

And

Hibs haven't been in large debt since the McLeish days. We must have been one of the most, if not the most financially prudent club in Scotland over the last 20 years

Coaching Staff
    I’m always wary of posts by posters who have been subscribed for years but have a low post count.....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It's hurting them.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It's hurting them.
    It's definitely triggered them 😁

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The mindset that "having more cash> the most glorious and enjoyable sporting achievement any of us will ever witness our club achieve" is everything that is wrong with modern football.
    But I don't think it's a mindset that anyone actually has? Other than the OP, in amongst a few other questionable points raised.

If anything modern football is often the opposite, winning a couple of trophies is worth over spending to achieve.
    Mon the Hibs.

And

If there was prize for quote of the week, this would surely be a contender. Maybe we should compile a list of the top 10 and return them to Kickback at the end of the year

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    But I don't think it's a mindset that anyone actually has? Other than the OP, in amongst a few other questionable points raised.

If anything modern football is often the opposite, winning a couple of trophies is worth over spending to achieve.
    That depends on the trophy.

English clubs would rather get 4th in the league than win the FA cup. The Premier League has nearly 3 quarters of the league just trying to stay in it and remain on the gravy train. How many League Cup or FA cup wins, trips to Wembley or Derby wins would these clubs trade for a guaranteed 17th place finish in the league, allowing them to be also-rans (albeit rich ones) in the richest league in the world for one more year?

Personally I don't like it.
    Last edited by Smartie; 05-07-2019 at 07:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    This has to be a wind-up right ?
    Seems to me that it the sort of thing an under-cover yam would post as they all think we are more interested in our bank balance than the football.
    They are more interested in our bank balance than the football. Have you seen their style of play? Absolute eye bleeding. Jose Quitongo was spot on.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    That depends on the trophy.

English clubs would rather get 4th in the league than win the FA cup. The Premier League has nearly 3 quarters of the league just trying to stay in it and remain on the gravy train. How many League Cup or FA cup wins, trips to Wembley or Derby wins would these clubs trade for a guaranteed 17th place finish in the league, allowing them to be also-rans (albeit rich ones) in the richest league in the world for one more year?

Personally I don't like it.
    You're right about it down south to be fair, and I agree with you.

I was taking it from the perspective of what was actually said - McGinn bonus > SC win, and any similar money v trophies comparisons for Hibs. I don't think anyone would agree with that statement.
    Mon the Hibs.

Jambo

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe cut the OP a bit slack? Seems just a misguided post that I'm sure would be retracted once thought through rather than a deliberate attempt to noise people up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Tough crowd.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Maybe cut the OP a bit slack? Seems just a misguided post that I'm sure would be retracted once thought through rather than a deliberate attempt to noise people up.

I am sure you are right, and I will happily give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, I think a degree of healthy scepticism and asking questions (about things like HSL future) from our fans are to be encouraged.

However, there are - on a few threads - some rather odd questions from posters I have never heard of, and with a very low post count.

While everyone had a low post count at some point, the way they post and the timing does sometimes indicate a person looking to make mischief.

He was doing ok until he started talking about hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I am sure you are right, and I will happily give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, I think a degree of healthy scepticism and asking questions (about things like HSL future) from our fans are to be encouraged.

However, there are - on a few threads - some rather odd questions from posters I have never heard of, and with a very low post count.

While everyone had a low post count at some point, the way they post and the timing does sometimes indicate a person looking to make mischief.
    Good comment but he seems to have a fair number of posts, the picture suggests he's a Hibby and he was probably just responding to some of the negativity around the takeover in an attempt to get people looking at the positives. Just probably not expressed the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Good comment but he seems to have a fair number of posts, the picture suggests he's a Hibby and he was probably just responding to some of the negativity around the takeover in an attempt to get people looking at the positives. Just probably not expressed the best way.

Well it would help if he perhaps explained himself instead of just dropping the nonsense post and sitting back and watching. Looks suspiciously jamboesque to me.