hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Oli Shaw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does that ever happen? Like literally? Always wondered...
    There's a very famous story about Willie Murray knocking on Turnbull's door to ask for a pay rise! Several players, notably Bobby Smith cajoled Willie into doing it. Willie was terrified but plucked up the courage & crept along the corridor while the others were s******ing round the corner. Willie finally took the plunge & tapped on the closed door. ****** Off Murray came the shout from within. Willie took off like a rocket, never to return 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

He'll probably go on to do ok at a bottom six Premiership club like Ross County. Never in a million years is he good enough to be the main, or one of the main strikers for a Hibs or Aberdeen. I'm not saying the lad is a bad player, I think he's average, but he'd always be a back up at best at a bigger club. The very reason we sold him. I thought Ross County was a good move for him and still do although it took him an age to get going there too.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The thing I always liked about Shaw was that he scored a lot of goals with a composed finish, like his 2 against Aberdeen for RC

That led me to believe there was a player in their waiting to emerge

First to concede that didn’t happen and that he didn’t force himself into team

By the end his confidence was totally shot and move was for the best

I would love to see him kick on and become the player I hoped, particularly if we have first option

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a very famous story about Willie Murray knocking on Turnbull's door to ask for a pay rise! Several players, notably Bobby Smith cajoled Willie into doing it. Willie was terrified but plucked up the courage & crept along the corridor while the others were s******ing round the corner. Willie finally took the plunge & tapped on the closed door. ****** Off Murray came the shout from within. Willie took off like a rocket, never to return 😁
    I think I may have heard that one now you mention it.. and it should definitely remain the real life example