hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibs TV poor

Hibs TV poor

The audio coverage is so bad, had to give up. Surely this should have been tested. Or Am I missing something?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Still Smiling View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The audio coverage is so bad, had to give up. Surely this should have been tested. Or Am I missing something?

You are missing something.

"unfortunately the audio quality may be poorer than usual as we do not have guaranteed access to an ISDC line - we apologise in advance"

Ron get it sorted

Who is the commentator...more excitement at the dentist!
    Really poor service.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Ron get it sorted

Given his background, I think he might!

Hibs TV is another area where, if there is a bit of spare cash to invest upfront, the rewards might well come down the line with higher revenues.

First Team Breakthrough
    Really poor service.
    Joined today as got fed up being kicked off it last year using my sons membership. He lives in Sydney and if he decided at unusual times to log on then I was barred. Good service but commentator very anoying ! My son designed the Hibs.net site so hope you are enjoying

Quote Originally Posted by h18eeynick View Post
    Joined today as got fed up being kicked off it last year using my sons membership. He lives in Sydney and if he decided at unusual times to log on then I was barred. Good service but commentator very anoying ! My son designed the Hibs.net site so hope you are enjoying
    You got fed up being kicked off a service you didn't pay for?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    Not unreasonable to share a streaming service with a family member, in this case only one person can use at a time anyway, but your point is valid as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing wrong with sharing an account here and there. The laddie just wants to be nice to his old man.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Ron will get us on Fox Sports in no time! 😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Ron will get us on Fox Sports in no time! 😎😎
    It’ll be NBC Sports. He’s still listed in our address book from his time with the Telemundo stations.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    It’ll be NBC Sports. He’s still listed in our address book from his time with the Telemundo stations.
    Wouldn't mind us on NBCSN on a Saturday morning all 😎

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Really poor service.
    You’re quite determined to have a pop aren’t you?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

For those new to Hibs.tv issues like this aren't THAT common and it's not indicative of the HibsTV product as a whole. Every pre-season is the same due to the fact we play friendlies against lower league opposition who just do not invest in these things because they just don't have the need for it. Those who will remember the earlier days of the first Championship season will remember that it was a bit wishy washy on what quality the commentary was, sometimes it was done via a mobile phone by Cliff.

Since being back in the premiership the reliability has improved significantly. Although Home games have been good for years now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Anyone know who the Irish commentator is on the Dunfermline game?

Is it a new guy?

Is it the Dunfermline guy?

Is it one of Ron’s employees from one of his TV Companies?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Anyone know who the Irish commentator is on the Dunfermline game?

Is it a new guy?

Is it the Dunfermline guy?

Is it one of Ron’s employees from one of his TV Companies?
    He’s been doing it since last season, but his name escapes me. Got into Hibs while studying at University I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    He’s been doing it since last season, but his name escapes me. Got into Hibs while studying at University I think.
    Cheers mate need to review my HIBS TV subscription not watched it for ages

Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as im sure he’s trying his best but it wasnt to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 07-07-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as in sure he’s trying his best but it was to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw
    I think he's fine.

Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as in sure he’s trying his best but it was to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw
    From the goal highlights I watched, I have to agree unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as im sure he’s trying his best but it wasnt to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw
    Think it was Dave Armstrong yesterday

Have to agree, he was getting players confused constantly.

Called Newell Ryan Moon in the first 5 minutes and then in the second half Newell again had the ball on the left wing and he called him James?

I understand at times it would be hard but I can’t say Iv ever watched a hibs game and not known who was on the ball, you could at least make a educated guess based on where they are on the pitch.

First Team Breakthrough 7-Heaven's Avatar
    Where's Cliff Pike? Hopefully just on holiday

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Have to agree, he was getting players confused constantly.

Called Newell Ryan Moon in the first 5 minutes and then in the second half Newell again had the ball on the left wing and he called him James?

I understand at times it would be hard but I can’t say Iv ever watched a hibs game and not known who was on the ball, you could at least make a educated guess based on where they are on the pitch.
    For the Arbroath game when he came on he kept referring to Moon as ‘Omar’ Sadiki which given the former is a forward and the latter a centre half with a different forename was quite humorous. I just assume he is like the fabulously enthusiastic Cliff, ostensibly sometimes in need of spectacles

It is a volunteer approach which I don’t mind, though as I’m paying for a subscription it is a bit odd when stuff goes out first on social media. Also there were no interviews post match yesterday and it was only in the ParsTV highlights that I saw the scorer of the pars goal give a sad 5 -1 celebration

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It should be remembered that the Hibs TV commentators are unpaid volunteers (that's my understanding anyway). This means that the service remains very reasonably price.

Dave Armstrong recently and very bravely posted a video on Facebook to share his experience of suffering from depression and explaining that at times he's had some very dark thoughts indeed.

Try to remember that these are real people, giving it their all to provide us with a service, before twisting the knife too much.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 08-07-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It should be remembered that the Hibs TV commentators are unpaid volunteers (that's my understanding anyway). This means that the service remains very reasonably price.

Dave Armstrong recently and very bravely posted a video on Facebook to share his experience of suffering from depression and explaining that at times he's had some very dark thoughts indeed.

Try to remember that these are real people, giving it their all to provide us with a service, before twisting the knife too much.
    Agree with this. Too many people far too quick to stick the boot in, and to our own too. That’s about as poor as it gets. I was a Hibs TV subscriber, and a subscriber to the service before that from about 1999, and I just don’t know what I would have done without it over the many years I lived overseas. Absolutely brilliant service run by top people.

Absolutely spot on.

This!

The guy was fine!

The regular guy was getting the new players confused which is understandable in the circumstances

No one expects Match of the Day just decent informative coverage with a strong HIBS bias 😁

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This!

The guy was fine!

The regular guy was getting the new players confused which is understandable in the circumstances

No one expects Match of the Day just decent informative coverage with a strong HIBS bias 😁
    Perhaps they should have a 3-5 min slot for folks that think it’s so simple my gran could commentate - she doesn’t even like football, was blind and been deid 5 years. Might unearth some new talent or getting folks to reflect on the challenge - share how much of a challenge it was.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I rely heavily on Hibs Tv for my fix living overseas. I think it’s a great service, but does have one or two flaws, nothing wrong with striving for perfection. Over the piece it’s a 9/10 service. Cliffs a good laugh, gets a bit muddled at times, but he’s a passionate Hibby and that’s what counts. A lot of the time I’m not up to watch the game and avoid the score and here until I watch the full game later on. They also do a great job of not showing the score, which was ruin that option.