hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ed Sheeran is brutal, hyped up to the max by the press but just not very good.
    Every song is the same. mind you, that's what my dad said about the Stones!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Once your child has reached 1 year of age you should no longer refer to their age in months.
    23 months then it's years.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Once your child has reached 1 year of age you should no longer refer to their age in months.
    As someone who's about to turn 334 months old, I completely agree.
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    The Big Bang Theory should have been punted years ago, The Simpsons needs to end now, Family Guy is getting worse and Rick + Morty is utterly woeful

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    The Big Bang Theory should have been punted years ago, The Simpsons needs to end now, Family Guy is getting worse and Rick + Morty is utterly woeful
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    What about banning under 25s too? Too many kids making voting decisons based on what mum and dad do or what their pals say. Too young to fully understabd what they are voting for....
    My angle is more that someone in their twenties has possibly 60/70 years of life ahead of them - they have longer to live on this planet than someone in their 70/80’s, the understanding element is entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    You're wasting your time. I told him/her this 4 days ago and they haven't returned to this thread since.
    Haha I just seen your explanation to them now, not sure how I missed it before. You went to more effort than I intend to

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    23 months then it's years.
    So I need to stop telling people I'm 744 months old then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    So I need to stop telling people I'm 744 months old then?
    Depends if you want them to get confused and think that's only 50 odds. It's amazing how many people can't do a quick division.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The Foo Fighters are guff.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought it was only me.

Rock for people who don't like rock.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Silent Boatman's Avatar
    Assisted suicide should be available and legal for the terminally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Me and my partner take our daughter to swimming together. My partner goes in and does the swimming whilst I'm at the side, then I get my daughter ready so my partner can get changed in peace.

It might just be our class, but I honestly didn't think twice about who should do what. Pretty much all of the mums and dads have done a stint in the pool, all have done a stint on the side, and all have done a stint where they do it all on their own.

My daughter is now 16 months old and has been doing the swimming for just under a year. My daughter is better now, but the "getting changed after swimming" thing used to be hilarious - all these dads trying, with varying levels of success, to control excitable tots as they tried to get them changed after swimming. It's a riot, especially if you're trying to get changed yourself at the same time, as the kids learn to roll over, crawl walk, climb etc etc etc. It's one of the highlights of my week and whilst it has had me tearing my hair out at times, I think it is one of the times I'll look back on most fondly when I'm on my deathbed.

And re the papoose thing - rather than sort of status symbol about being a modern, effeminate man, they're simply quite practical. We've upgraded from the papoose to this sort of rucksack thing that holds our daughter, and we're going out for a wander with it to North Berwick today. They're great because they allow you to walk places you can't take a pram/ buggy, remain active, interact with your child etc etc. I tend to take turns with my partner carrying the wee one and it works well. It hasn't really registered with me that folk would be looking and judging me negatively, and if they are - stuff them.

And all the best of luck with your imminent arrival over the next few days and beyond.
    Been there, done that, to make matters worse the changing rooms were mixed (showers weren't) seeing me trying to catch my girl in my undies scared a few mums

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Oh that’s a belter, they are a bit pish.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Our "national broadcaster" is an echo chamber for the Israeli apartheid regime and has been for quite some time now.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    South Park however is as strong as ever.

film characters or book characters made into a film should be played by actors who are as close to their original discripton as possible.

For example. JAMES Bond should never be played by a woman as he is a man and should remain as such. certain parts of a character should never be tweaked and this is one.

there are obviously other characters, such as doctor who, which lends itself more to flexibility and can be tweaked in this way.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    film characters or book characters made into a film should be played by actors who are as close to their original discripton as possible.

For example. JAMES Bond should never be played by a woman as he is a man and should remain as such. certain parts of a character should never be tweaked and this is one.

there are obviously other characters, such as doctor who, which lends itself more to flexibility and can be tweaked in this way.

Even the change in Doctor Who was farcical. It had already been well established that the doctor couldn't change gender. So it was always going to anger fans of the show.

Another one is character gender switches in historical plays. Because apparently historical accuracy no longer applies.

I can't abide The Proclaimers.

@hibs.net private member

unpopular or controversial opinion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Even the change in Doctor Who was farcical. It had already been well established that the doctor couldn't change gender. So it was always going to anger fans of the show.

Another one is character gender switches in historical plays. Because apparently historical accuracy no longer applies.
    The Doctor is a fictional alien who merely takes on a human like appearance...to describe the transition of said alien to a female form as farcical and that a non gender change had been ‘well established’ is rather odd.

Indeed putting aside the fact that you are describing a fictional alien, a gender change had been mooted for a long time and even by the creator (with the rather punnish name!) Sydney Newman as far back as the mid 80’s.

His exact words were recorded in a letter to Michael Grade “At a later stage, Doctor Who should be metamorphosed into a woman”
    Last edited by RyeSloan; Yesterday at 02:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    The Doctor is a fictional alien who merely takes on a human like appearance...to describe the transition of said alien to a female form as farcical and that a gender change had been ‘well established’ is rather odd.

Indeed putting aside the fact that you are describing a fictional alien, a gender change had been mooted for a long time and even by the creator (with the rather punnish name!) Sydney Newman as far back as the mid 80’s.

His exact words were recorded in a letter to Michael Grade “At a later stage, Doctor Who should be metamorphosed into a woman”
    WTF? Doctor Who is a fictional alien? Please tell me it's not true, after all these years....

I blame Petrie. What next? You'll be expecting me to believe Batman is actually just some rich do-gooder in a fancy costume, or that Craig Levein is still getting away with the old football manager act.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    WTF? Doctor Who is a fictional alien? Please tell me it's not true, after all these years....

I blame Petrie. What next? You'll be expecting me to believe Batman is actually just some rich do-gooder in a fancy costume, or that Craig Levein is still getting away with the old football manager act.

Hee hee maybe Levein is the alien and Batman defo exists?

One of our graduates told me today that the next 'Bond', after Daniel Craig's final film, is to be a black female. I just happened to have a copy of a James Bond paperback from 1965 at my desk (as you do) which suggests this is impossible, so I think that'll be the end of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    One of our graduates told me today that the next 'Bond', after Daniel Craig's final film, is to be a black female. I just happened to have a copy of a James Bond paperback from 1965 at my desk (as you do) which suggests this is impossible, so I think that'll be the end of the franchise.
    It'll certainly flop. To most people it just reeks of politicial manipulation. Why change a winning working formula, just for the purpose of appearing politically correct?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Hee hee maybe Levein is the alien and Batman defo exists?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    which is what I was reading to spark my post if I'm being honest. it's ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar

This 100%.