hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar

Edinburgh social cycle this Saturday

Apologies for the spam, I wasn't sure if this was suitable for "other sports" or the dug out, so I've gone with both.

I'm one of the volunteer ride leader's with the Brewdog Chain Gang cycling club and we're starting up an Edinburgh chapter with rides leaving from Lothian road, just thought I'd share here incase anyone is interested.

These are free, no drop social rides which means we go as fast as the slowest rider. It is a big day so probably only suitable for road bike or adventure/gravel bikes, not mountain bike I'm afraid. Leaving at 9am so expecting to be back in the pub ariynd 2pm but pace will be dictated by attendees on the day.

Full route and details are on Strava - https://strava.app.link/aIeyACH1MX

Leaving Edinburgh Lothian Road at 9am and doing a loop around North Berwick with a cafe stop in Tyninghame Smithy coffee bar at the half-way stage. There is an option for early finish after the cafe stop using the train station in North Berwick total ride. Full route is 95km, half way point is approx 50km.

Any questions about the day just ask.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Given today's news I'm not sure anyone willbe that interested in reading about social bike rides but just in case, here we go!

Wednesday night social ride

After a successful reboot ride last Saturday we have another social ride hosted by the Brewdog Chain Gang.

Leaving BrewDog Lothian Road at 6pm and heading out towards Cramond Brig, then a nice roll through Dalmeny estate with one short but cheeky climb. From there out of Dalmeny into Queensferry along the cobbles and into Hopetoun Estate. From there back towards Duntarvie Castle and Winchburgh before heading out the back of Kirkliston and retracing the route from Cramond Brig.

No drop means we go as fast as the slowest rider, it’s a big day so suitable for road bike or adventure/gravel bikes, not mountain bike I'm afraid.

Full details on Strava - https://strava.app.link/HonCC3eIZX