hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So let me get this straight, you are going to adopt a random English league 2 team as your favourite English team because they sell vegan food in their turnstile kiosks? 😳

Sorry but that just sounds f****** mad!
    No it's not - well done steak is f*****g mad and a waste of good meat......

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    No it's not - well done steak is f*****g mad and a waste of good meat......

Nothing at all against the poster being vegan. That’s his choice and I respect that. But I just find it crazy that you’d adopt a team because of their food. I’ve never heard that one before.

For instance, I like a Killie pie at Rugby Park. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna like Kilmarnock.

Also, I like my steak medium rare, not well done
    Last edited by hfc rd; 26-06-2019 at 10:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Sure that I saw a documentary about Forrest Green and they have grass growing on the roofs of their stands and all the club cars are electric. Good on them for trying something different and original.

Nothing at all against the poster being vegan. That’s his choice and I respect that. But I just find it crazy that you’d adopt a team because of their food. I’ve never heard that one before.

For instance, I like a Killie pie at Rugby Park. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna like Kilmarnock.

Also, I like my steak medium rare, not well done
    Was trying to be light hearted mate. Blue steak for me - just wave it in front of the grill and call it good........

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I’m gonna adopt Forest Green Rovers as my English team! Like Son of Haggart said above they’re the first vegan approved team in the world. Just read a bit about it and they’ve made all their kiosk food vegan! I would love to see Hibs go down this route.
    Agree 100%!

I’m gonna adopt Forest Green Rovers as my English team! Like Son of Haggart said above they’re the first vegan approved team in the world. Just read a bit about it and they’ve made all their kiosk food vegan! I would love to see Hibs go down this route.
    Not for me. I love a steak pie at half time

Left by mutual consent!
    Excellent. Those shouting "save the pie" could wait 90 minutes surely 👍🏻😄

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    So let me get this straight, you are going to adopt a random English league 2 team as your favourite English team because they sell vegan food in their turnstile kiosks? 😳

I have little to no connections to England, my granddad was English but I never knew him so no connection there, my uncle is English and couldn’t be less interested in football. So why is it ****ing mad that I pick an English team that supports one of my philosophies of life (they don’t just sell vegan food at kiosks, maybe go and have a read about them and see what they do before belittling what they do down to their food kiosk sales). Is that mad? Really, supporting a team because you find a connection with it is mad? So why do you support Hibs? It can’t be because you have a connection with them can it? Cause that’s ****ing mad isn’t it? People support things because they like them or they have something in common with them. My faither is a Jambo, lucky for me I don’t have anything in common with that wife beating waste of space apart from some dna. I started supporting Hibs because I found a connection with the club and their supporters, I chose Hibs when everything would point me in the direction of hearts because I felt a commonality with other Hibs fans, is it mad that I support Hibs and not hearts?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome Christian, make yourself a legend.

This thread confirms that people will argue about ANYTHING in the close season. Can’t wait for the season to start.

We’re all Hibby’s here, doesn’t matter where you’re from, what you eat, who your god is or your reason for supporting the club. All are welcome at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Because Vegans have to impress their Veganism on everyone. It's just boring now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yeah cause I walk about a vegan friendly city bombarded with adverts for Vegan products where every restaurant advertises their vegan food, where every advertising board doesn’t have fried chicken or reconstituted meat patties emblazoned on them. I’ve never see anything about meat eating on cookery programs there aren’t any cool books with recipes for meat because meat eaters keep really quiet about their choice to eat dead animal carcasses. You’re right, this thread I think is the 2nd time I’m mentioned veganism on .net, once before in the PM forum so I apologise for impressing my veganism on you, your delicate little meat eating mind must be tired of the bombardment it receives everyday from us militant vegans forcing our vegetable eating upon you. I will desist from this horrible crime immediately.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    This is one of the strangest instances of a thread going way off topic.

All that bread and grain food products that Vegans consume..... Most of it consumed contains dead animals like mice, rabbit and other small animals.

@hibs.net private member
    Well this thread has taken a turn...

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This is one of the strangest instances of a thread going way off topic.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Welcome Christian, make yourself a legend.

This thread confirms that people will argue about ANYTHING in the close season. Can’t wait for the season to start.

We’re all Hibby’s here, doesn’t matter where you’re from, what you eat, who your god is or your reason for supporting the club. All are welcome at Easter Road.
    Life would be very dull if we all agreed on everything but there is a few on here who it seems can't wait to disagree. We don't sign players early enough. Hecky does then it's they are lower English league players. We sign what looks a very exciting defender on a three year deal and we still have grumbles remembering where sir David came from.
    It's maybe just our Edinburgh nature to be pessimistic but boy do some take it to extremes.
    Supporting Hibs is all about a rollercoaster of highs and lows. The last few seasons have been the best for a long while and we now have a cracking manager and our biggest attendances figures for decades.with apologies to yazz,the only way is up.

Is Doidge a vegan? He looks a bit thin. Think we need to beef him up a bit.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have little to no connections to England, my granddad was English but I never knew him so no connection there, my uncle is English and couldn’t be less interested in football. So why is it ****ing mad that I pick an English team that supports one of my philosophies of life (they don’t just sell vegan food at kiosks, maybe go and have a read about them and see what they do before belittling what they do down to their food kiosk sales). Is that mad? Really, supporting a team because you find a connection with it is mad? So why do you support Hibs? It can’t be because you have a connection with them can it? Cause that’s ****ing mad isn’t it? People support things because they like them or they have something in common with them. My faither is a Jambo, lucky for me I don’t have anything in common with that wife beating waste of space apart from some dna. I started supporting Hibs because I found a connection with the club and their supporters, I chose Hibs when everything would point me in the direction of hearts because I felt a commonality with other Hibs fans, is it mad that I support Hibs and not hearts?

Great post...well said

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Is Doidge a vegan? He looks a bit thin. Think we need to beef him up a bit.
    No. He's Welsh.

Yeah cause I walk about a vegan friendly city bombarded with adverts for Vegan products where every restaurant advertises their vegan food, where every advertising board doesn’t have fried chicken or reconstituted meat patties emblazoned on them. I’ve never see anything about meat eating on cookery programs there aren’t any cool books with recipes for meat because meat eaters keep really quiet about their choice to eat dead animal carcasses. You’re right, this thread I think is the 2nd time I’m mentioned veganism on .net, once before in the PM forum so I apologise for impressing my veganism on you, your delicate little meat eating mind must be tired of the bombardment it receives everyday from us militant vegans forcing our vegetable eating upon you. I will desist from this horrible crime immediately.
    Oooooh methinks she doth protest too much

The arguments people get into on this board never cease to amaze and amuse me.

Welcome to our new striker, which was the original point of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Well this thread has taken a turn...
    It's certainly something for posters to get their teeth into.

As regards proper vegetarian or vegan options in the kiosks, why not? It's the 21st century.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

What the actual ****

@hibs.net private member

It's better than most reasons - glory hunting.

There's an awful lot of Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City fans in Scotland. Whilst I'm sure some have connections to the those teams or places, the fact they are and have been wildly successful is a major factor and far worse for the game than someone following a lower league side as their second team.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    You probably dont know this but one of the garage duo artful dodger (rewind selecta with Craig david) comes from Cwmbran same place as Christian Doige (and me) so good choice of gag!!
    I didn't know that Nellio, but one of those daft wee coincidences!

I just hope he's one of those strikers who are lucky in front of goal - then he'll be a jammy Doidger...

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    I’d also thoroughly recommend Seitan Bacon.
    Is he a defensive midfielder from the English second tier?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    LD will be all over this Vegan suggestion I’d imagine.

I was joking the other day about avocado and couscous but man, it could be on it’s way.

Need to do something about the floodlights though, if we keep using them we’re gonna kill the planet.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Apparently seagulls are becoming more aggressive as they're eating too much junk food and it's messing with their heads/metabolism.

Just think, vegan food, chilled out seagulls.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post
    Apparently seagulls are becoming more aggressive as they're eating too much junk food and it's messing with their heads/metabolism.

Just think, vegan food, chilled out seagulls.
    There was a thread somewhere on here talking about how cheap drugs had become in the city, feed them all a big joint before KO, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    There was a thread somewhere on here talking about how cheap drugs had become in the city, feed them all a big joint before KO, problem solved.

Vegan, hippy seagulls. Man. Cosmic.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Am with you, and the cosmic gulls, can hear them already

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Vegan hippy seagulls, wasn't that a song by REM?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net