hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    39,422

    A verdict on our PM in waiting, from his ex-boss

    This is a damning article, but it won't change anything. The world today is deeply depressing.

    "I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister".

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a damning article, but it won't change anything. The world today is deeply depressing.

    "I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister".

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard
    Bojoke on the radiobox this morning, getting slaughtered for failing to deny that the loveydovey reconciliation picture all over the papers is an old picture fed to the press. After another few weeks of this wiffle, waffle, piffle, pfeffel, even some of the Tory membership faithful might start to smell just a soupcon of a rat. There is hope.

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    11,327
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bojoke on the radiobox this morning, getting slaughtered for failing to deny that the loveydovey reconciliation picture all over the papers is an old picture fed to the press. After another few weeks of this wiffle, waffle, piffle, pfeffel, even some of the Tory membership faithful might start to smell just a soupcon of a rat. There is hope.
    I disagree. A small number of rich folk are determined to play a huge joke on the rest of us and nothing will stop them.

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,036
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bojoke on the radiobox this morning, getting slaughtered for failing to deny that the loveydovey reconciliation picture all over the papers is an old picture fed to the press. After another few weeks of this wiffle, waffle, piffle, pfeffel, even some of the Tory membership faithful might start to smell just a soupcon of a rat. There is hope.
    Not much, if the backup solution is Jeremy Hunt...

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,051
    The Johnson fans can't accuse Hastings the ultra Conservative of being part of a so called 'liberal elite'. I read his piece earlier and he's right about Johnson's history of having a very loose relationship with the truth. He will say anything to win. I watched this piece earlier of two Johnson biographers, one of whom worked alongside him, which is interesting:


    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    39,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much, if the backup solution is Jeremy Hunt...
    It says a lot, a hell of a lot, when Jeremy Hunt is by far the more preferable candidate.

    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  8. #7
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    29,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much, if the backup solution is Jeremy Hunt...
    Exactly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.
    Out of Bojoke, Ni-gel, Ni-gel, and the two Jeremies, I'd have Hunt without a moment's hesitation. Not a fan by any means, but we're talking amongst relatives here.

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,241
    If you are a believer in Scottish independence and the decision to elect Boris Johnson was open to a public vote you would be out dropping his leaflets through folks letter boxes Ö. I cant think of a better boon to the independence movement than him being prime minister

  11. #10
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    29,783
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of Bojoke, Ni-gel, Ni-gel, and the two Jeremies, I'd have Hunt without a moment's hesitation. Not a fan by any means, but we're talking amongst relatives here.
    He is the least worst option but he still doesnít fill me with hope which is the point I was agreeing with.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the least worst option but he still doesn’t fill me with hope which is the point I was agreeing with.
    And the point I was making was only that there's still hope that Bojoke might not become PM. Not that there's hope in general, far less enough to fill anyone.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are a believer in Scottish independence and the decision to elect Boris Johnson was open to a public vote you would be out dropping his leaflets through folks letter boxes Ö. I cant think of a better boon to the independence movement than him being prime minister
    Put it this way, if this doesn't push us over the edge, nothing ever will. I can't see how it could get any worse.

  14. #13
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    38,253
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a damning article, but it won't change anything. The world today is deeply depressing.

    "I was Boris Johnsonís boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister".

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard
    Without reading the article yet (I will), you are absolutely correct with the rest of your post.

    We seem to have hit a point in time where the elite few can literally do as they please with little or no serious consequence.

    We have a man who will become PM who has incited violence towards a journalist, who has been racist and misogynistic, who has lied and changed his mind to suit, and who has been dismissed from 2 jobs for dishonesty.

    And yet here he is, about to take the top job in the country.

    Meanwhile in the US they have Trump batting away another sexual harassment/rape accusation, not by saying that he's not a rapist, but by saying she wasn't his type.

    Esther McVey deliberately misled Parliament, and by the Ministerial Code should have resigned, yet she didn't and nobody did anything about it.

    Politics is broken, this situation is absolutely farcical and we can't do a single thing about it.

    It's about as depressing as it gets.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without reading the article yet (I will), you are absolutely correct with the rest of your post.

    We seem to have hit a point in time where the elite few can literally do as they please with little or no serious consequence.

    We have a man who will become PM who has incited violence towards a journalist, who has been racist and misogynistic, who has lied and changed his mind to suit, and who has been dismissed from 2 jobs for dishonesty.

    And yet here he is, about to take the top job in the country.

    Meanwhile in the US they have Trump batting away another sexual harassment/rape accusation, not by saying that he's not a rapist, but by saying she wasn't his type.

    Esther McVey deliberately misled Parliament, and by the Ministerial Code should have resigned, yet she didn't and nobody did anything about it.

    Politics is broken, this situation is absolutely farcical and we can't do a single thing about it.

    It's about as depressing as it gets.


    Government has always been a mob. They're just making no effort to disguise it anymore.

  16. #15
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,458
    Weirdly, Iím hoping Boris gets it. Every chance a no confidence vote would carry.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weirdly, Iím hoping Boris gets it. Every chance a no confidence vote would carry.
    Not a chance unforunately. The tories would have Mussolini in power over comrade Corbyn, as would some Labour MPs.

  18. #17
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,878
    Spent the day driving through France. Had the radio on and even though I speak very little French it was clear the conversation was about Brexit and Boris Johnson. Every time I heard the words Brexit or Johnson it was followed by howling laughter. It would appear we're the laughing stock of Europe.


  19. #19
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spent the day driving through France. Had the radio on and even though I speak very little French it was clear the conversation was about Brexit and Boris Johnson. Every time I heard the words Brexit or Johnson it was followed by howling laughter. It would appear we're the laughing stock of Europe.
    We are, I was in Germany recently and so many people asked me about what was going on in UK. Now Boris is on TV I am being messaged about what a total disaster he is and that we are totally f,,,,d. Taking back control has become a total joke to many, not just abroad either.

  20. #20
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,878
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are, I was in Germany recently and so many people asked me about what was going on in UK. Now Boris is on TV I am being messaged about what a total disaster he is and that we are totally f,,,,d. Taking back control has become a total joke to many, not just abroad either.
    I live in Germany and the Germans have a strong affinity for all things British. They're absolutely baffled at what's happening in the UK.

  21. #21
    It doesnít much matter who wins, theyíre both promising to drive straight into the same wall that did for May.

    They will either deliver catastrophe or be eaten alive by the Brexit loonies. Pair of fannies.

  22. #22
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live in Germany and the Germans have a strong affinity for all things British. They're absolutely baffled at what's happening in the UK.
    I lived there for years, my German, expat and Irish friends are all in a state of disbelief. I honestly wanted to retire there eventually but that may not be an option. I can get an Irish passport but was hoping not to have to. Shambles

  23. #23
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,953
    A friend of mine in Ireland regularly sends me articles from there, and they cannot believe what we are up to.

    They find the position of Scotland particularly bizarre, as we cling onto a union that is clearly not serving our interests. It is quite interesting to listen to the arguments from a nation who removed themselves from such a union a century ago.

  24. #24
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    18,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A friend of mine in Ireland regularly sends me articles from there, and they cannot believe what we are up to.

    They find the position of Scotland particularly bizarre, as we cling onto a union that is clearly not serving our interests. It is quite interesting to listen to the arguments from a nation who removed themselves from such a union a century ago.
    I often read Irish newspapers online. It's interesting getting a "detached" point of view from Britain's closest neighbour.

  25. #25
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,051
    Have to agree with the comments above regrding Britain's global repuation since Brexit: we've become something of a laughing stock, as America have with Trump. That isn't to say anyone who voted for Brexit is a joke; there are millions who rightly feel the system isn't working for them, and the EU referendum was a convenient opportunity to express the anger. However, I firmly believe they shot at the wrong target, for it's the worst off who suffer msot from Brexit. The multi-millionaires are always okay.

    Essentially David Cameron took the thirty year civil war in the Conservative Party about Europe and made it public wide. It was a cynical party-political move to see off UKIP, which was stealing the Tory vote. It completely backfired and his name will be mud in the history books.

    If we leave with no deal on October 31st, without any global trade deals in place, we are truly up the river without a paddle. We need to salvage something for the disastrous happens.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 26-06-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  26. #26
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    11,327
    I've recently read Just Boris, a biography by Sonia Purnell who has been in the media a lot lately talking about the man. I read it in the hope that some redeeming qualities in Boris might emerge but alas no. He is the most appalling person, spoilt, ill-tempered and completely up his own fundament.

    The Conservative members are in a collective dwaam about this person - hypnotised and brainwashed by his Woosterish schtick. Tory MPs must know what he's really like but are happy to ride into nice jobs on his bandwagon.

    Hopefully, he won't do too much damage in the time he's PM which is likely to be nasty, brutish and short.

  27. #27
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,051
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've recently read Just Boris, a biography by Sonia Purnell who has been in the media a lot lately talking about the man. I read it in the hope that some redeeming qualities in Boris might emerge but alas no. He is the most appalling person, spoilt, ill-tempered and completely up his own fundament.

    The Conservative members are in a collective dwaam about this person - hypnotised and brainwashed by his Woosterish schtick. Tory MPs must know what he's really like but are happy to ride into nice jobs on his bandwagon.

    Hopefully, he won't do too much damage in the time he's PM which is likely to be nasty, brutish and short.
    She's in the video I posted. As the Max Hastings piece posted by Hibbyradge says, "the only people who like Boris are those who don't know him".

    There are clearly a lot of skeletons in his closet. Why isn't the taped call of Johnson conspiring with an Old Etonian friend to get a journalist beaten up, all over the news, for example? A potential prime minister colluding in an assault; imagine the press if that had been Jeremy Corbyn!
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 26-06-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  28. #28
    @hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Craggy Island
    Posts
    4,578
    Taking into consideration what's on offer, I really want Johnson to win. Hopefully, it will be the coup de grace for the Tories

  29. #29
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,051
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved