hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve never once said that I thought he was the best Hibs manager, I’m saying he was MY favourite.

There were games at ER like Natural Order or the aeroplane or the ear cupping at Ibrox, I absolutely loved them.

I can’t remember the last time I was so excited about going to ER, it was fantastic stuff and pretty much everyone agreed so at the time.

Now the same folk are rewriting history and saying his time with us was dismal.

If his time was dismal then what the hell was I watching for the 40 previous years?!

Anyways, I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind, why do you all need me to see things your way??
    There are countless examples of people throughout history who have been widely lauded at the time for their achievements but as time progresses and as traits of their character are exposed the opinion of that person shifts towards the negative.

People were in the most part positive of his transfer dealings at the end of Jan 2018 but that was before his poor signings the following Summer.

People were so excited about his team and performances after the run of 13 games between Feb and April 2018 but that was before his disastrous run from Oct - Jan 2019.

His man management skills were positively spoken of until it was revealed he nearly drove Kamberi out of the club and made a negative comment about our club captain at an AGM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I’ve never once said that I thought he was the best Hibs manager, I’m saying he was MY favourite.

There were games at ER like Natural Order or the aeroplane or the ear cupping at Ibrox, I absolutely loved them.

I can’t remember the last time I was so excited about going to ER, it was fantastic stuff and pretty much everyone agreed so at the time.

Now the same folk are rewriting history and saying his time with us was dismal.

If his time was dismal then what the hell was I watching for the 40 previous years?!

Anyways, I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind, why do you all need me to see things your way??
    The Lennon is a fraud threads that appeared on more than one occasion would suggest that folk were also saying it while he was manager at Hibs, so it’s not necessarily true that everyone agreed at the time that it was fantastic stuff. The only period everyone would probably agree with that would be the 12 or so games when Allan and Flo etc came in and Allan especially was worth the admission money alone.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Said it before and I will say it again I feel sorry for any Hibernian that did not see Turnbulls Tornadoes

Hard to imagine it is now almost fifty years ago

What a team that was

No other HIBS team has got close to that level of brilliance a system drilled into them by hard work on the training pitch and an almost telepathic understanding of each other’s role in the team

There have many good HIBS teams over the years and Neil Lennons side in their search for second place came close but ultimately just fell short
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 25-06-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Could we have one of the "there's only one Neil Lennon" guys to make a vigorous defence, please?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Said it before and I will say it again I feel sorry for any Hibernian that did not see Turnbulls Tornadoes

Hard to imagine it is now almost fifty years ago

What a team that was

No other HIBS team has got close to that level of brilliance a system drilled into them by hard work on the training pitch and an almost telepathic understanding of each other’s role in the team

There have many good HIBS teams over the years and Neil Lennons side in their search for second place came close but ultimately just fell short
    A sweeping statement ignoring the team that won the league 3 times,finished second 4 times and third once in a period of 8 seasons!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    A sweeping statement ignoring the team that won the league 3 times,finished second 4 times and third once in a period of 8 seasons!!
    Alas I am no as old as you auld yin! 😁

The reason I put this into this thread is because I remember at the time people were saying Lennons team were better than the Tornadoes

Oh ma aching sides!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Could we have one of the "there's only one Neil Lennon" guys to make a vigorous defence, please?
    Yeah!

Whatever happened to Lennons Lip?

I used to quite like him 😁

Alas I am no as old as you auld yin! 😁

The reason I put this into this thread is because I remember at the time people were saying Lennons team were better than the Tornadoes

Oh ma aching sides!
    A team that didn't fulfil its potential I'm afraid even though wonderful to watch and certainly the best of the last 50 years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah!

Whatever happened to Lennons Lip?

I used to quite like him 😁
    Now Hecky’s Hip I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    A team that didn't fulfil its potential I'm afraid even though wonderful to watch and certainly the best of the last 50 years.
    Agree!

Jock Steins Celtic didnae help

Broken up far too soon

Shudda brought in reinforcements and adopted the modern squad mentality

People moaning about Lennon I do not think Turnbull was an angel

His way or the highway

Just ask Jim Herriot

One bad game!