hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Andy Murray

First Team Breakthrough

Andy Murray

Great achievement & great to see him back in action !!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Top guy

Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. 😁

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The man is a legend. I never thought he would play tennis again. Whether he can ever be competitive in the singles is a big ask, but maybe he can become a doubles master and add more grand slams that way. .

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man is a legend. I never thought he would play tennis again. Whether he can ever be competitive in the singles is a big ask, but maybe he can become a doubles master and add more grand slams that way. .
    Yeah!

Andy and Jamie Murray

Who knew?

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done Andy. Hero.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    What an inspiration. We all felt his heartache when he was thinking that was it, what a story. Hope he gets back to the top of singles Tennis!

Moving well and the competitive edge is very much still there. Positive signs for Muzz.
    Sensational display from Lopez. Singles & doubles titles at 37 as a wild card after a hellish period with injuries.
    Great story all round.

He is a national hero. No other Scot has ever attracted the support he has. He is a real legend.

Promising Youngster MickeyEdwards's Avatar
    As a result of Andy returning to active duty at Queens and, having watched each of his matches there, I am hooked on watching him playing live once again!
    A super motivated, highly talented, very fit top level tennis player who makes us all proud as he takes the best in the sport with high win success stats to date.
    Hopefully he will have a few more years of giving us many more of those exciting, edge of the seat, moments that we got again last night!
    Andy, Jamie and Judy are all Hibs fans, often seen at Easter Road when in Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. ��

I've also had hip resurfacing and it's also called a sports hip as it allows you to get back to sports, I'm unsure as to the full level of sports it allows but I was able to get back to doing most of my heavy gym work a few years ago, my other hip is a full replacement so my days of heavy weighted gym work has gone, pus I'm an old bugger now.
    Last edited by J-C; 24-06-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    He is a national hero. No other Scot has ever attracted the support he has. He is a real legend.
    He certainly is. I've never felt quite so protective of any sporting icon, even a Hibs player. I cringe when he hits the ground going for a shot.
    I can't believe that he'll get back to the top again, except maybe in the doubles. I doubt he'd be satisfied with that though.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

This.

Is there a chance he could play at Wimbledon this year or unlikely?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This.

He is planning to play doubles. Singles isn't a starter. He is aiming to start playing singles later this year early next year.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    He is planning to play doubles. Singles isn't a starter. He is aiming to start playing singles later this year early next year.
    Yeah, his first singles outing will be in Glasgow in September at The Murray Trophy a new ATP challenger tour event. Quite apt he's making his comeback at a tourny with his name.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Got a real chance of winning doubles at Wimbledon, extremely adept at the doubles game and has a strong partner in herbert. Andy V Jamie final would be epic.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. 😁
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I've also had hip resurfacing and it's also called a sports hip as it allows you to get back to sports, I'm unsure as to the full level of sports it allows but I was able to get back to doing most of my heavy gym work a few years ago, y other hip is a full replacement so my days of heavy weighted gym work has gone, pus I'm an old bugger now.

That makes three of us (at least) on here then !

I never made it back to squash or running was concerned about the impacts, but can do everything else including skiing.

Not sure if Murray will get back to top of singles, time will tell.

What a guy though

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This.

He definitely won't play singles until at least September, there's a suggestion he might play at the US Open but I still think it's unlikely.

He's entered to play the men's doubles at Wimbledon and will play mixed doubles if he can find a partner.

Just got gubbed first round KO he is useless and finished