hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Kieran Power doing his bit for Mental Health (sucks)

A mate popped up a plea on Facebook as someone he’d cycled with many a year and I recognised the name... our own supporters rep.

Hopefully summit admins would welcome on the forum but please love if required. Apols has not seen this mentioned before...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/dad-plans-24-hour-arthur-s-seat-bike-challenge-for-mental-health-1-4951442

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A mate popped up a plea on Facebook as someone he’d cycled with many a year and I recognised the name... our own supporters rep.

Hopefully summit admins would welcome on the forum but please love if required. Apols has not seen this mentioned before...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/dad-plans-24-hour-arthur-s-seat-bike-challenge-for-mental-health-1-4951442
    Cheers for the shout out Viva. Great experience Friday into yesterday - loads of support from Hibs fans throughout the days (HFC scrawled onto the road climb in chalk a couple of times).

Cycled 200 miles round Arthur Seat in the end to help raise awareness the barry work Support in Mind Scotland do. Over £2,000 raised for charity tae, so fair chuffed with that.

All barry. As always, if there is anything I can do for anyone here - Hibs or not - gies a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Cheers for the shout out Viva. Great experience Friday into yesterday - loads of support from Hibs fans throughout the days (HFC scrawled onto the road climb in chalk a couple of times).

Cycled 200 miles round Arthur Seat in the end to help raise awareness the barry work Support in Mind Scotland do. Over £2,000 for charity do fair chuffed with that.

All barry. As always, if there is anything I can do for anyone here - Hibs or not - gies a shout.
    Well done Kieron!!! Not just the money raised it's the awareness and to get people talking about mental health issues

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Great stuff KP.
    I’ve done a spot of mental health fundraising myself in the past after a few darker days, and after reading your updates on twitter and the evening news article I agree there’s no better feeling than accomplishing your goal and knowing you are helping out people in need. It’s a real self esteem builder!

There was a thread on the Dugout on here about Anxiety & depression - anyone reading this I’d highly recommend a spot of fundraising to help get you back to where you want to be.

Donation coming your way on payday chief, can’t imagine how sore you must be today!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post

Cycled 200 miles round Arthur Seat in the end to help raise awareness the barry work Support in Mind Scotland do. Over £2,000 raised for charity tae, so fair chuffed with that.

I used to work in London with “Frickletinho” so it’s all his fault. Donation already in :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.