hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Players budget

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the poster Mikey suggested earlier it would be nice if the fans rep could find out the overall picture and let us know after the next board meeting. I’m sure KP will try and get as much info as possible. Just have to wait and see, after the announcement reality has kind of kicked in and there is more questions than answers in all of this.
    The fans reps are great, but they will have no details on what happened.

The board meeting will be a general update.

The real talking is leeann financial director and Rod.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Like the poster Mikey suggested earlier it would be nice if the fans rep could find out the overall picture and let us know after the next board meeting. I’m sure KP will try and get as much info as possible. Just have to wait and see, after the announcement reality has kind of kicked in and there is more questions than answers in all of this.
    👍

@hibs.net private member
    Would like to hear views of official HSL too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Could it be that a sponsor was lined up but the deal collapsed late in the process? This could happen for a number of reasons, one being a change in strategy at (the sponsor's) board level - in my work I've seen this happening with pretty incredible consequences. It could even be that they tried to change/reduce the terms and Hibs told them to do one.

The club wouldn't publicise this as it would effect the confidence of potential future sponsors.

Anything could have happened. If I remember correctly the Frank Graham Company went down the tubes when their name was still on our shirts.

Some people are too quick to criticise the club over anything that doesn't happen the way that they think it should.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?
    They run the ladies team and the girls youth teams. Parents pay monthly subs for the girls just like you would for any kids football team. The foundation do a great job and as they’re associated with the club the kids get plenty chances to be around the stadium and they play home games at the training centre.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The fans' rep won't contradict anything that Leeann has said.

OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?
    Copied from the Community Foundation website:

Hibernian Football Club has a long and proud tradition of working to support local communities. The creation of the Hibernian Community Foundation as an independent charity in 2008 signalled a clear commitment to step up the efforts to have wider scope and greater impact.

Since it was established, the Hibernian Community Foundation has brought opportunities and enjoyment to many people. The creation of the Hibernian Learning Centre in the South Stand at Easter Road Stadium in 2009 has enabled us to support the community in many different ways and is the hub of all our activity.

The Foundation has contributed to ground breaking work in disability football, support for people moving into employment, educational tours for local schools and various activities to improve the health and fitness of male and female members of the Hibernian family. And the breadth and depth of our activity continues to grow.

Key to our approach is partnership with fans, volunteers, Hibernian Football Club and a wide range of organisations who share our hopes and aspirations. We know that by working together we can achieve much more – creating positive impact in our community and bringing a sense of achievement and enjoyment for all who are involved.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Some people are too quick to criticise the club over anything that doesn't happen the way that they think it should.
    Most of what I have read is healthy questioning rather than criticism. It's hard to criticise the end result too if a charity is benefitting.

Too often on here, threads are polarised into those who are for the Board and those who are against. There's always a balance and its healthy to analyse, question and challenge.

The sponsorship deal may be best but there are lots of unanswered questions and I dont think it's right that we just have to accept it because it's what the Board say. Boards/CEs are always protecting other interests. Just look at Boeing. There may be perfectly plausible explanations but fans have the right to ask the question and it's up to us to hold the Board accountable.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bottom line is we need the truth,not a recovery position.

We are entitled to that as shareholders and clients.

A top six football team based in Edinburgh can't find a commercial partner??

Huge error from the ceo and the board.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post

I remember you questioned me being hibs for less around the Lennon ***** time but for what it’s worth I agree.

We're entitled to nothing but entry to the games we pay for. There is nothing in any shareholder agreement that they owe us explanation for decisions.

Why not see how this turns out instead of panicking and demanding explanation?

@hibs.net private member

The truth is there were sponsors on the table but Hibs chose to go down another route, whether it be for the short or long term benefit to the club.

Until such time where Hibs are not punching their weight and/or are using the lack of a sponsor as an excuse for underperformance then i dont believe you are entitled to anything more.

I remember you questioned me being hibs for less around the Lennon ***** time but for what it’s worth I agree.
    Cheers, we all love the club.

They are quick at asking fans to do there bit.

This position is untenable, unless someone is putting in the equivalent of the marathon bet deal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We're entitled to nothing but entry to the games we pay for. There is nothing in any shareholder agreement that they owe us explanation for decisions.

Why not see how this turns out instead of panicking and demanding explanation?
    Not strictly true when the club are encouraging supporters to set up donations to the HSL to give the club more money whilst neglecting sponsorship losing the club money. There will be a shortfall somewhere unless it’s topped up by some mystery person like over the road.

Left by mutual consent!

This position is untenable, unless someone is putting in the equivalent of the marathon bet deal.
    👍 no bother mate, said the same myself.

Not strictly true when the club are encouraging supporters to set up donations to the HSL to give the club more money whilst neglecting sponsorship losing the club money. There will be a shortfall somewhere unless it’s topped up by some mystery person like over the road.
    None of that is mandatory and none of it entitles anyone to anything.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 22-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

The club are always asking the fans for financial support. Wether it be season tickets, shirts, brick on the wall or HSL. And the fans give and give. What pisses me off is the way we are treated. Everything is confidential, fans are told next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    The club are always asking the fans for financial support. Wether it be season tickets, shirts, brick on the wall or HSL. And the fans give and give. What pisses me off is the way we are treated. Everything is confidential, fans are told next to nothing.
    Great Post.

I will say it again, as shareholders and customers we are entitled to know the truth.

I would be happy if they held there hands up and admitted the error.

We could rally behind them but they don't and they are not telling the truth.

Ffs, we have been through a lot worse.

Great Post.

I will say it again, as shareholders and customers we are entitled to know the truth.

I would be happy if they held there hands up and admitted the error.

We could rally behind them but they don't and they are not telling the truth.

Ffs, we have been through a lot worse.
    What is it they've lied about? If you know they've lied then you obviously know what the truth is. So what is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    None of that is mandatory and none of it entitles anyone to anything.
    I thought we had turned a corner with the cloak and dagger be told what the club want us to know period. Nothings entitled but a transparent Hibs will keep the support more on side.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post

You make it sound like you’re handing over money for nothing in return, which is unlikely to be the case.

You’re being asked to buy goods and services from the club you support. I buy trainers from Adidas but don’t expect to get the inside track on their business dealings as a side perk.

I’m not sure why you think buying a ticket or brick entitles you to confidential commercial information tbh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    What is it they've lied about? If you know they've lied then you obviously know what the truth is. So what is it?
    Poster hasn’t said the club have lied. More of not being forthcoming with why we have ended up in this situation. We didn’t want a sponsor that was offered with the strips on sale ages after loads of other clubs doesn’t really wash well.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    I think they have been economical with the truth.

In my personal opinion, it's unthinkable that hibs can't attract a partner.

I believe the failure is basic management within the club.

And it happens, but just be honest with us.

I thought we had turned a corner with the cloak and dagger be told what the club want us to know period. Nothings entitled but a transparent Hibs will keep the support more on side.
    No, a winning Hibs will do that. 150k people didn't turn up to the Scottish cup parade because we issued a few statements telling us our catering will be changing or anything else that doesn't really matter. Judge these decisions on the results that come from them.

I take it you don't know the meaning of untenable.

So you're imagining there's been some sort of failure? And, therefore, the club aren't being honest unless they say what you've imagined?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes I do.

@hibs.net private member

Hibs have stated they had offers but chose not to pursue them.

As long as Hibs are performing on the ptich then there is no failure.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    You’re no more ignorant than practically everyone else on here!

There’s probable been more google searches for it today that since it was formed.

Folk saying it’s brilliant when nobody has a clue what they do. Guess we’ll find out through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I think there’s a few posters that are un-Tena-able