hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players budget

White and Mackay were paying Hibs 200k per season back in 2004. Puts it in perspective.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Won the League Cup in 91 without a sponsor mind

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    If Hibs were happy to write off the sponsorship fee and absorb it somewhere else like the the McGinn bonus I’d have preferred to get a sponsor and use that money for the fans. Fix some of the things we have been complaining about for years e.g. catering and the sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hibs were happy to write off the sponsorship fee and absorb it somewhere else like the the McGinn bonus I’d have preferred to get a sponsor and use that money for the fans. Fix some of the things we have been complaining about for years e.g. catering and the sound system.
    Or the bloody sniffer dogs and cctv Leeann was banging on about

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    If the shirt offers have been low then doing something like this shows that we won’t accept a low offer next year. It may well be that shirt sponsorship costs have been dropping for years and this is an attempt to move them in the opposite direction while also doing something positive and a bit different.

I wouldn’t describe it as an epic fail as it has been earlier as I suspect there will be a fair amount of strategy involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    If the shirt offers have been low then doing something like this shows that we won’t accept a low offer next year. It may well be that shirt sponsorship costs have been dropping for years and this is an attempt to move them in the opposite direction while also doing something positive and a bit different.

I wouldn’t describe it as an epic fail as it has been earlier as I suspect there will be a fair amount of strategy involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope you are right but I suspect that there is very little strategy involved, principally because of the apparent delay in releasing the new kits and what looks and feels very much like a last minute cover story as regards the Foundation option. If we were going this path as part of a more deeply thought out strategy you would have expected the strips and the Foundation choice to have been announced a good deal earlier.

This is the sort of thing that the Fans Reps could easily clear up. They will have been at the board meeting(s) discussing it.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This is the sort of thing that the Fans Reps could easily clear up. They will have been at the board meeting(s) discussing it.
    You would hope so and I think it would be very helpful if they did.

All the chat about the McGinn money offsetting the loss.... We don’t have a Scooby Doo what kind of add ons if at all any were involved. We are constantly in the dark about our financial dealings and have no clue if we are getting a good deal. Motherwell had no problem saying what they are asking for or got for Turnbull, pretty transparent. The club should be out hustling trying to make a buck any which way they can. A club of our stature and set up should clearly be able to attract a decent sponsorship.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Probably be confidentially muted tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Probably be confidentially muted tbh.
    We don't need the fine points, just confirmation that it was the best option compared to the 2 deals turned down. And if it's simply a cover up, as some obviously feel it is, they should come out and say it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    A club of Hibs size being able to say no to income through a sponsorship deal is pretty ballsy and says a lot about the position the club are in from a financial point of view.

If it doesn’t impact the playing budget and helps the foundation, I’m not entirely sure why people are viewing this as a bad thing. It also looks pretty cool on the shirt.

If hibs sell 50k shirts adding an extra fiver revenue to each by getting the logo printed,thats a decent amount of cash.

This is an opportunity to grow both hibs and the foundation.

Shirt sponsors are probably no what they were a few years ago,although ive always wanted to see hibs sponsored by BARR as both became to be in 1875 plus good scottish brand.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I found her interview interesting, she says a lot without saying anything of note and doesn’t really answer the questions m.

Also interesting she refers to it as a test
    I agree.

I took from what she said that the club had opportunities, but they weren't what we were after, therefore we deemed no deal to be better than a bad deal (to steal a topical phrase 😀) because we could attempt to grow the club and income in other ways (I.e. the foundation).

I wonder if maybe betting sponsors are getting nervous about over exposure to small clubs, increasing the risk of severe regulation of betting sponsorship, for little gain for them.

Or if the market is just falling out of old school shirt sponsorship for smaller clubs like us, and marathon would simply rather chuck another few hundred thousand at online advertising.

Either way, it's not good for the club (at least in the short term), and it does seem like a PR solution to a commercial problem. That being said, what were hibs supposed to do, once they had failed to get the deal we were looking for? We've made the best of a bad situation.

It's definitely less money for Hibs though, which is not good given the financial advantages our two peer clubs already have over us.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    I agree.

I took from what she said that the club had opportunities, but they weren't what we were after, therefore we deemed no deal to be better than a bad deal (to steal a topical phrase 😀) because we could attempt to grow the club and income in other ways (I.e. the foundation).

I wonder if maybe betting sponsors are getting nervous about over exposure to small clubs, increasing the risk of severe regulation of betting sponsorship, for little gain for them.

Or if the market is just falling out of old school shirt sponsorship for smaller clubs like us, and marathon would simply rather chuck another few hundred thousand at online advertising.

Either way, it's not good for the club (at least in the short term), and it does seem like a PR solution to a commercial problem. That being said, what were hibs supposed to do, once they had failed to get the deal we were looking for? We've made the best of a bad situation.

It's definitely less money for Hibs though, which is not good given the financial advantages our two peer clubs already have over us.
    Leeann is paid to be ceo of a business.

Her targets will include -

Maximising revenue streams.

Increase margin and profit.

Cost control.

Three year revenue forecast.

She was rewarded when we won the cup.

The termination contract will our main partner would be a minimum six month period.

Sorry major mistake here, which they are trying to cover up.

Are you really telling me that hibs can't find a commercial partner.

I'd also add that Rod is not blameless here .
    This should have been item one on the monthly board meeting.

It does seem weird that practically every club in the world for going on the last 40 years, has decided to get a commercial shirt sponsor but now we don’t see it as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    It does seem weird that practically every club in the world for going on the last 40 years, has decided to get a commercial shirt sponsor but now we don’t see it as necessary.
    Barcelona won a treble without one

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Our neighbours across the city have not had a commercial sponsor for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Our neighbours across the city have not had a commercial sponsor for 2 years
    Benefactors money pays for that including the owner.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Leeann is paid to be ceo of a business.

Her targets will include -

Maximising revenue streams.

Increase margin and profit.

Cost control.

Three year revenue forecast.

She was rewarded when we won the cup.

The termination contract will our main partner would be a minimum six month period.

Sorry major mistake here, which they are trying to cover up.

Are you really telling me that hibs can't find a commercial partner.

I'd also add that Rod is not blameless here .
    This should have been item one on the monthly board meeting.

Well clearly Hibs couldn't get a commercial sponsor, I'm speculating as to why that might be the case. The whole board are responsible for oversight, but I'd agree with you that this sits squarely at the CEOs door

My guess is there was a deal(s) on offer, but they were of such low value or from such disreputable sources, that they were deemed not suitable.

It's hard to judge that decision without knowing the ins and outs, but as i said this is a PR solution to a commerixal problem, and I do think it's a problem - whatever way we cut it, it's less money for (at least) a year relative to our rivals.
    Last edited by James Stephen; 22-06-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Coaching Staff
    OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Well clearly Hibs couldn't get a commercial sponsor, I'm speculating as to why that might be the case. The whole board are responsible for oversight, but I'd agree with you that this sits squarely at the CEOs door

My guess is there was a deal(s) on offer, but they were of such low value or from such disreputable sources, that they were deemed not suitable.

It's hard to judge that decision without knowing the ins and outs, but as i said this is a PR solution to a commerixal problem, and I do think it's a problem - whatever way we cut it, it's less money for (at least) a year relative to our rivals.
    Thanks.

Another objective leeann would have is management of key suppliers and partners.

I'd rather they told the truth, we have all made mistakes in business, but ultimately hibs are a business, and she has failed.

I would add that I am a huge fan of her.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?
    They look after the ladies team I think.

The goal of the sponsorship is to ultimately gain publicity and questions such as yours I suppose. I would rather people donate to HSL and not dilute it with this but that’s just my opinion.

The goal of the sponsorship is to ultimately gain publicity and questions such as yours I suppose. I would rather people donate to HSL and not dilute it with this but that’s just my opinion.
    Most of the Foundation's income is from restricted grants by funders rather than donations by the public.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Got halfway through the first page.....Hibernian Football Club are trying to be a COMMUNITY entity in Leith.

Suck it and support it,see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Got halfway through the first page.....Hibernian Football Club are trying to be a COMMUNITY entity in Leith.

Suck it and support it,see how it goes.
    Hibs play a huge role in the community, but ultimately we are a business.

Revenue gets us more money and more transfer budget, at least that is what we have been told for decades

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Most of the Foundation's income is from restricted grants by funders rather than donations by the public.
    Is that still what we are advertising with this?

Coaching Staff

Bit of a worry if as I read it, it could be diluting income to the main ( men's ) club, the way it was explaine on the video tended to point to it as being of financial benefit to the club in the longer term. Time will tell I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Drivel from start to finish.
    Why?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Bit of a worry if as I read it, it could be diluting income to the main ( men's ) club, the way it was explaine on the video tended to point to it as being of financial benefit to the club in the longer term. Time will tell I suppose.
    Like the poster Mikey suggested earlier it would be nice if the fans rep could find out the overall picture and let us know after the next board meeting. I’m sure KP will try and get as much info as possible. Just have to wait and see, after the announcement reality has kind of kicked in and there is more questions than answers in all of this.