hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: The Foundation

  1. #1

    The Foundation

    A little reminder that the foundation will happily accept your donation if you donít fancy having the logo on your new shirt. It will make a huge difference.

    https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/10/credit-card


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Testimonial Due SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A little reminder that the foundation will happily accept your donation if you donít fancy having the logo on your new shirt. It will make a huge difference.

    https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/10/credit-card
    Absolutely Underscore

    I bought a plain top but made a £10 donation to the HCF online

    £12.50 if youíre a uk tax payer with gift aid

    Brilliant idea from Hibs

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,250
    Will the shop be stocking kits both with and without logos out of interest ? Or online only?

    I'm back all too briefly in early August so will be getting that sensual away top then. My preferred combo would be logo free kit plus donation.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the shop be stocking kits both with and without logos out of interest ? Or online only?

    I'm back all too briefly in early August so will be getting that sensual away top then. My preferred combo would be logo free kit plus donation.
    Think itís been said all strips are without the logo in shop with the chance to get it stamped on when you buy it.

  6. #5
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    34,938
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the shop be stocking kits both with and without logos out of interest ? Or online only?

    I'm back all too briefly in early August so will be getting that sensual away top then. My preferred combo would be logo free kit plus donation.
    The tops are all being sold without the logo and if you want the logo you get it printed at the same counter as the name/number printer and pay the extra £5.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  7. #6
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think itís been said all strips are without the logo in shop with the chance to get it stamped on when you buy it.
    Get in.

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think itís been said all strips are without the logo in shop with the chance to get it stamped on when you buy it.
    Thatís it exactly

    You get the HCF printed on where they do the players names and numbers

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The tops are all being sold without the logo and if you want the logo you get it printed at the same counter as the name/number printer and pay the extra £5.
    Not quite right. They had them with logos on this morning but they sold out pretty quickly.

  10. #9
    Is it still the Foundation that funds Hibernian Ladies?

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,427
    Why aren't the logos going on the strips as a default?

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why aren't the logos going on the strips as a default?
    Because you cant take them off if you want a plain one...

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it still the Foundation that funds Hibernian Ladies?
    Yes. Along with subs etc.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it still the Foundation that funds Hibernian Ladies?
    Yep. Not sure why our official club doesnít. Maybe that will become more evident in time now.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. Not sure why our official club doesnít. Maybe that will become more evident in time now.
    Iíve posted before, that, in my opinion, Laura Montgomery as head of Marketing at Hibs, while being chair of Glasgow City is a conflict of interest when it comes to growing the womenís game in Scotland.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve posted before, that, in my opinion, Laura Montgomery as head of Marketing at Hibs, while being chair of Glasgow City is a conflict of interest when it comes to growing the womenís game in Scotland.
    Canít really argue with that.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why aren't the logos going on the strips as a default?
    Wondered that as well, along with an option to pay extra to not have it (or to maybe have an extra wee badge in the middle of the chest or something)

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wondered that as well, along with an option to pay extra to not have it (or to maybe have an extra wee badge in the middle of the chest or something)

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Go against the principals of giving to a charitable cause?

  19. #18
    First Team Breakthrough zelda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hutchie
    Posts
    157
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: x Aldoo x
    [QUOTE=Saturday Boy;5821520]Iíve posted before, that, in my opinion, Laura Montgomery as head of Marketing at Hibs, while being chair of Glasgow City is a conflict of interest when it comes to growing the womenís game in Scotland.[/QUOT

    E]

    Agree

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go against the principals of giving to a charitable cause?
    Your probably right... I was thinking I quite like the top without the sponsor but then I can just imagine folks pointing at me if I had the strip but had paid to the charity anyway (as I'd want to do)... I'll just have to explain myself a lot

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  21. #20
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve posted before, that, in my opinion, Laura Montgomery as head of Marketing at Hibs, while being chair of Glasgow City is a conflict of interest when it comes to growing the womenís game in Scotland.

    Hadnít realised this. I think itís outrageous to be honest.

    IMO she needs to cut her ties with one club or the other pronto.

  22. #21
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve posted before, that, in my opinion, Laura Montgomery as head of Marketing at Hibs, while being chair of Glasgow City is a conflict of interest when it comes to growing the womenís game in Scotland.
    Why her job at Hibs will be marketing of the whole club and not really involved in the women's side? As far as I know Hibs FC don't really financially support the womens team. Maybe I am wrong but sure I read that here.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why her job at Hibs will be marketing of the whole club and not really involved in the women's side? As far as I know Hibs FC don't really financially support the womens team. Maybe I am wrong but sure I read that here.
    That may be the reason why Hibs donít have the Ladies team in-house.

    Although the Community Foundation sponsorship thing this season might help with their funding.

  24. #23
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,721
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why her job at Hibs will be marketing of the whole club and not really involved in the women's side? As far as I know Hibs FC don't really financially support the womens team. Maybe I am wrong but sure I read that here.

    The Foundation was supporting the ladies.

    Anyway, itís a clear conflict of interest.

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Along with subs etc.
    So basically the Ladies are by a roundabout route benefiting from the shirt sponsorship deal. Talk about keeping it in the family😁

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Foundation was supporting the ladies.

    Anyway, itís a clear conflict of interest.
    Eh?

    She works for Hibs, a mens professional team.

    She is heavily involved in Glasgow City, a womens amateur team in her own time.

    If she worked for another professional team then I would understand your point.

    Complete non issue, unless you can explain further.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved