hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Anyone an idea of how much Marathon bet deal was worth per season? Interesting to know how much potential cash we’ve ‘lost out’ on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That away kit is giving me the aubergines 🍆🍆🍆

Really can’t decide whether I like it or not. The option of buying without the sponsor is quite attractive though.

Both of they kits are a bit of art😍😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by forza verdebianco View Post
    I like both kits so well done Hibs. Home kit is a touch of class and the colours in the way kit are very nice. However, given that some people cry out for a purple away kit every few years and it generally makes for a nice kit - have we ever actually won a game wearing purple?

We have had purple:
    94-96
    96-98
    01-03
    Thistle kit around 11-12?

Most likely would be 94-95? Does someone know and I would be interested to know?
    Best Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead in 1992 wearing purple, back when they were relatively pish!

https://youtu.be/COW-QQmt6Mw

Is it fair to assume that for Hibs, in our current position, the cash value of renting out the front of our strip, a few signs around the stadium, online ads and social media plugs isn't worth the moral sacrifice of partnering with malignant entities like gambling companies?

If so, I'm very happy with that. Hopefully more clubs take note and follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Anyone an idea of how much Marathon bet deal was worth per season? Interesting to know how much potential cash we’ve ‘lost out’ on.
    From the media at the time:

Marathonbet has also signed a two-year deal to be the main sponsor of the Scottish Championship League’s Hibernian FC. In exchange for what the club called a “significant” six-figure sum, Marathonbet will see its logo adorn the players’ home and away shirts and will get to operate in-stadium betting at Easter Road. Marathonbet replaces ginger beer maker Crabbie’s, who’d acted as Hibs’ sponsor for the past three years. Marathonbet CEO Graham Luke called his company’s first foray into Scottish football “a key vehicle in broadening the awareness of our brand.”

While financial details of the sponsorships have not been released, Hibs have said each was significant and reflected both the club’s status and its return to the Premiership.

Whyte and McKay was £200k per year from their deal.
    Last edited by Bob Box Fish; 21-06-2019 at 05:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    The home shirt is a Macron template.

It’s identical to the San Marino home shirt (of which I bought when out there watching Scotland).

It’s a cracking shirt BTW. I’m a beer belly Large in Adidas, Nike, etc.

I bought XXL for the San Marino shirt.

The strips are bang average. Need to get rid of macron asap.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    £52 inc logo
    I really like the new tops especially the away one but i won't be paying £52 for it. That's ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Sorry to swim against the tide but:

1. Home strip is 'meh'.
    2. Away strip is a shocker with those pin stripes.
    3. What is this cobblers about how it isn't disadvantaging us to have no sponsor income? Fair enough to go for the Community Foundation - very laudable and I quite like the idea - but it's button up the back stuff to claim it makes no difference to revenue. If it made no difference we'd never have had sponsors in previous years. PH may still have the same player budget as he would have but something else will go short of whatever revenue a sponsor would have brought.

Reads to me like they couldn't get a sponsor at a decent level and so it's been dressed up as something else.

Think that's a good kit launch, the photography is very cool. Home shirt is one of the best Macron efforts this year too - clean, simple and doesn't have any of those ridiculous collars. Green is a wee bit too light for my liking, but not terrible. I like the matching thick green trim on the sleeves and bottom of the shorts. Away is a wee bit out there, but it will be popular with the fans so I'm happy with that - that collar is pretty cool, I like it.

Nice idea about the Community Foundation too. My only gripe is the HCF logo itself - crap, spindly font and as some say it's maybe printed a bit too high. Shot our own selves in the foot there as would otherwise have been classics.
    Last edited by Austinho; 21-06-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Judging by the reaction on here and social media, I'd say you're very much in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Will be a decent amount I would imagine. Also got bonus of marathon bet for reaching the final of the cups

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Judging by the reaction on here and social media, I'd say you're very much in the minority.
    Would ye aye?!

Strips are some of the best we've had. Love them.

Would ye aye?!
    Yes. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

1. Home strip is 'meh'.
    3. What is this cobblers about how it isn't disadvantaging us to have no sponsor income? Fair enough to go for the Community Foundation - very laudable and I quite like the idea - but it's button up the back stuff to claim it makes no difference to revenue. If it made no difference we'd never have had sponsors in previous years. PH may still have the same player budget as he would have but something else will go short of whatever revenue a sponsor would have brought.

Reads to me like they couldn't get a sponsor at a decent level and so it's been dressed up as something else.

What a brilliant initiative..just when you think you cannae love the club anymore than you do, they come up with this..absolutely outstanding.. on holiday with a wee tear in ma eye. COMMUNITY its what were all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    What a brilliant initiative..just when you think you cannae love the club anymore than you do, they come up with this..absolutely outstanding.. on holiday with a wee tear in ma eye. COMMUNITY its what were all about.
    If i wasn't a Hibs fan I'd become one. We are bloody brilliant

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Would ye aye?!
    Yep, but you crack on and get all over the other thread too, saying how its crap etc etc.

Enjoy your friday night

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Is there any mention of well heeled Hibbies on a high tax code donating to the Hibernian Community charity which would give them a tax break and allow the community to pay something for the promotion ?

Or is that too Yammish

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yep, but you crack on and get all over the other thread too, saying how its crap etc etc.

Enjoy your friday night
    Hahahahaha you are the weirdo from the 2013 cup final thats still angry cos i said the upper tier was unsafe with the celtic fans bouncing. Enjoy your friday night weirdo!

@hibs.net private member

1. Home strip is 'meh'.

Perhaps the community matched what the other offers were. LD hinted that they might not have been that great when she said the market was changing etc on Hibs TV. Maybe the extra fivers or some donations might have made up the deficit in what a commercial sponsor would have brought in. We might never know but I'm glad we have went this way and hope that morals and values are something that are valued as much as a few quid.

1. Home strip is 'meh'.

Finally some sense being spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Strange one. I thought the delay was sorting out a sponsor. Surely need the income from a lucrative deal?
    Did you read the article?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Really. One mans meat is another mans poison.

You can still give a fiver to the foundation though.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Any nae sayers could at least give their reasons for shouting down the designs...this is a forum for discussion after all not just a statement page.

Oooh that away top is awesome.

True to form sir.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Hibernian community foundation have tweeted saying for people who want the shirt without the sponsor but want to donate, head to their website and there is a donation page 👍🏼