hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 12,750?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s the obvious solution.

Yes folk will be pissed off at getting moved but it would improve ER long term.
    Why should fans be disrupted again to suit the singing section. I have just done a dot count & if correct there are 467 seats allocated to singing section of which 331 have been sold. I fail to see how moving them again would result in more fans wanting to stand behind the goals. Since attending ER from the late 70's, if team is playing well an atmosphere will be created, but never was it from behind the goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

is it an option for the KFK to sit in the FF lower?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Why should fans be disrupted again to suit the singing section. I have just done a dot count & if correct there are 467 seats allocated to singing section of which 331 have been sold. I fail to see how moving them again would result in more fans wanting to stand behind the goals. Since attending ER from the late 70's, if team is playing well an atmosphere will be created, but never was it from behind the goals.
    It was always behind the goal when i was growing up, and we were turfed out so the club could put bench seating down and charge extra to sit in it.

And no we were not considered one bit when it happened.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It was always behind the goal when i was growing up, and we were turfed out so the club could put bench seating down and charge extra to sit in it.

And no we were not considered one bit when it happened.
    That was before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    That was before my time.
    Yip i know, you mentioned you started going in the late 70s, but you were wrong that it has never been behind the goal, as it was THE place to be when i was growing up.

It was brilliant, and i'm convinced it helped the team when we'd shoot down the hill in the 2nd half.

Some of those european nights were magical in there, it was some of the best times i ever experienced as a Hibs fan roaring the team on with thousands of others.

Defo .... the cave was the place to be !!

Left by mutual consent!
    Yip i know, you mentioned you started going in the late 70s, but you were wrong that it has never been behind the goal, as it was THE place to be when i was growing up.

It was brilliant, and i'm convinced it helped the team when we'd shoot down the hill in the 2nd half.

Some of those european nights were magical in there, it was some of the best times i ever experienced as a Hibs fan roaring the team on with thousands of others.
    You're spot on. I remember it well. What an atmosphere in there. Do you also remember the goal being covered in toilet rolls thrown from the crowd?

The number of people isn't relevant. There were far less in the singing section at the foot of section 43 but it was still far louder and more people got involved than they have since being moved to the famous 5 upper in a corner where barely anyone in the east can hear them. Can hear the away fans in the lower tier directly opposite more.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Great times

Brilliant memories

Sporting Lisbon, Hamburg, Liverpool and Leeds

Some great chants:

Johnny Graham King of Scotland, Dig a hole and bury him( if a player got injured) Colin Colin Colin Stein ( if a dug run oan the pitch) Hooli Hooli Hooligans if fighting broke oot Your gonna get your ****ing heads kicked in to anyone not HIBS We are the mental Hibees!

Convinced going doon the slope the cave sucked many a ball into the net

Singing Section and free standing should be FFL just imho

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Good spot Bill.
    According to estimates on JKB that leaves us about 400 sales behind them.

Hopefully we announce 12,500 before the end of the month and then 13,000 as the league season begins.

Any supporters on here still who are still to purchase and intend to?
    Just bought 3 at lunchtime, the ticket office seemed pretty busy there was a couple of people in there when I arrived and 4 in the queue by the time I got served

First Team Breakthrough
    I was in at around 12 also... there was one girl serving and 8 others around... 2 off them were on the phone but the other 6 were just standing chatting... i bought three tickets for tomorrow and asked when the season tickets were going to arrive... i bought 1 for myself and two for the grandkids... mine still not here but of the kids ones is there.... apparently they send them out in batches, but surely two kids with the same address and the same surname should be sent out together... they never seem to learn anything in the ticket office

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaidno View Post
    Defo .... the cave was the place to be !!
    Yes I was Caveite in my younger days. Remember when it was beched and then unsegregated. Stand up fights with the Huns.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Yes I was Caveite in my younger days. Remember when it was beched and then unsegregated. Stand up fights with the Huns.
    Some serious Hearts Hibs fights there in the 70s.

East of Scotland Sheild games the worst if I recall correcltly (higher proportion of neds to non neds, more space for fighting!)

And when the club finally put a roof over the East Terracing in '85, the atmosphere improved immensely. As it did once again for the first couple of seasons after the East Stand was built and the club designated part of that the Singing Section.

It's not the location that counts, it's a combination of the willingness of Fans to sing and, quite often, whether or not the football on display gets them on their feet.

We have had a designated Family Stand in the FF Lower since 1995 and, despite having changed the rules of entry, they've already sold Season Tickets for just over 80% of the available seats... meaning there's still a big demand for that kind of area. I'm glad the club have taken that into account and look at what's best in the long term, not just making some snap decision based on the current views of a small number of Fans.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    Some serious Hearts Hibs fights there in the 70s.

East of Scotland Sheild games the worst if I recall correcltly (higher proportion of neds to non neds, more space for fighting!)
    Yes running battles spilled over onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    And when the club finally put a roof over the East Terracing in '85, the atmosphere improved immensely. As it did once again for the first couple of seasons after the East Stand was built and the club designated part of that the Singing Section.

It's not the location that counts, it's a combination of the willingness of Fans to sing and, quite often, whether or not the football on display gets them on their feet.

We have had a designated Family Stand in the FF Lower since 1995 and, despite having changed the rules of entry, they've already sold Season Tickets for just over 80% of the available seats... meaning there's still a big demand for that kind of area. I'm glad the club have taken that into account and look at what's best in the long term, not just making some snap decision based on the current views of a small number of Fans.
    The atmosphere did improve when they put a roof on the east, it would have been very difficult not to improve it as there was none, except the odd rumblings from the north enclosure and north stand.

I disagree with you on the location, why is it Liverpool or now Spurs have a huge Kop, Man united the Stretford end, or whenever we get an end at an away game the sound is better.

Or why is it 3 or 4 hundred away fans at Easter Road can sound louder than our east stand or indeed the singing section stuck way up in the corner of the FF?

Location for me is a major part of why the atmosphere is poor, and the bottom half of the FF should be the place where this should be and be given the chance to grow into what i believe a great sight and a great help to the team.

Will it happen, i doubt it very much.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Is there any update on ST numbers now? Last year we had regular updates, but not much since the announcement of tickets for the St Mirren game saying "join 12,300 ST holders"

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Is there any update on ST numbers now? Last year we had regular updates, but not much since the announcement of tickets for the St Mirren game saying "join 12,300 ST holders"
    Pretty sure we are selling around 10 per day so probably not much of an update to give. Maybe with payday coming up we will see another run on sales

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Great times

Brilliant memories

Sporting Lisbon, Hamburg, Liverpool and Leeds

Some great chants:

Johnny Graham King of Scotland, Dig a hole and bury him( if a player got injured) Colin Colin Colin Stein ( if a dug run oan the pitch) Hooli Hooli Hooligans if fighting broke oot Your gonna get your ****ing heads kicked in to anyone not HIBS We are the mental Hibees!

Convinced going doon the slope the cave sucked many a ball into the net

Singing Section and free standing should be FFL just imho
    Remember singing "We're going to get our ****ing heads kicked in" on going 2-0 up versus the Huns in LC semi first leg after McCoist missed the mandatory Huns soft penalty award to get them back in the game.

Just received mine and my carers,however they also sent me a ticket for someone else,luckily I know him but don't think ticket office would know I know him.Only reason I can think of is that he sits in same row as us,pure fek up by office in my opinion or are they expecting people to know everyone who sits beside you?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    [QUOTE=SingHibs;5856327]Remember singing "We're going to get our ****ing heads kicked in" on going 2-0 up versus the Huns in LC semi first leg after McCoist missed the mandatory Huns soft penalty award to get them back in the game.[/QUOTE
    👍🏾

Remember being at Hampden LCSF 1972 when Brownlie scored the winner 1-0
    and the Rangers end sung that to us and five minutes to go their whole end emptied in a cloud of ash and they were waiting for us outside

Happy days!

The atmosphere did improve when they put a roof on the east, it would have been very difficult not to improve it as there was none, except the odd rumblings from the north enclosure and north stand.

I disagree with you on the location, why is it Liverpool or now Spurs have a huge Kop, Man united the Stretford end, or whenever we get an end at an away game the sound is better.

Or why is it 3 or 4 hundred away fans at Easter Road can sound louder than our east stand or indeed the singing section stuck way up in the corner of the FF?

Location for me is a major part of why the atmosphere is poor, and the bottom half of the FF should be the place where this should be and be given the chance to grow into what i believe a great sight and a great help to the team.

Will it happen, i doubt it very much.

Three or four hundred away fans at pretty much any stadium are quite loud. That's just the nature of a travelling support.

I realise that is just my point of view, However.....

There's still the issue of the popularity of a dedicated family section. As I mentioned, over 1,600 people have bought tickets in there, meaning the concept is a sound one, quite obviously popular with those 1,600 people.

I'm not saying for a minute that the FF Lower is the only possible place it could theoretically be located, but moving it elsewhere would mean moving those fans, then telling the fans in the new location they are also going to have to shift.

Imagine, for a minute, the club decided to move the family section into sections 1, 2, 3 and 7, 8, 9 of the West Lower (2,000 seats, roughly the same as the FF Lower), they would have to tell the, at this point in time, roughly 1,400 Season Ticket holders in that section they were also being moved to accommodate the new Family areas because of the relocation of the Singing Section.

I have two questions for anybody proposing such a move and I'm sure Hibs would be very interested in your answers.:

• Given the bad feeling cause by moving a few dozen Season Ticket holders this season, do you think that forcing roughly 3,000 people out of their current location would be a popular move for the club to make?
    • Do you have any evidence whatsoever that 1,500 or so Fans would immediately move into this FF Lower if it were designated a Singing Section?

For the last question, I don't mean anecdotal evidence, e.g. me and my mates are gonna move, I mean do you have a petition with a list of 1,500 or so people that are volunteering to move? That might seem extreme, but think of the effect of shifting the 3,000 or so folk from their current seats would have, only to find out that there was actually little or no demand for a new FF Lower Singing Section.

That's the kind of thing the club has to take into account and why I can't see this happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 26-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Three or four hundred away fans at pretty much any stadium are quite loud. That's just the nature of a travelling support.

There's still the issue of the popularity of a dedicated family section. As I mentioned, over 1,600 people have bought tickets in there, meaning the concept is a sound one, quite obviously popular with those 1,600 people.

I'm not saying for a minute that the FF Lower is the only possible place it could theoretically be located, but moving it elsewhere would mean moving those fans, then telling the fans in the new location they are also going to have to shift.

Imagine, for a minute, the club decided to move the family section into sections 1, 2, 3 and 7, 8, 9 of the West Lower (2,000 seats, roughly the same as the FF Lower), they would have to tell the, at this point in time, roughly 1,400 Season Ticket holders in that section they were also being moved to accommodate the new Family areas because of the relocation of the Singing Section.

I have two questions for anybody proposing such a move and I'm sure Hibs would be very interested in your answers.:

• Given the bad feeling cause by moving a few dozen Season Ticket holders this season, do you think that forcing roughly 3,000 people out of their current location would be a popular move for the club to make?
    • Do you have any evidence whatsoever that 1,500 or so Fans would immediately move into this FF Lower if it were designated a Singing Section?

For the last question, I don't mean anecdotal evidence, e.g. me and my mates are gonna move, I mean do you have a petition with a list of 1,5000 or so people that are volunteering to move? That might seem extreme, but think of the effect of shifting the 3,000 or so folk from their current seats would have, only to find out that there was actually little or no demand for a new FF Lower Singing Section.

That's the kind of thing the club has to take into account and why I can't see this happening anytime soon.
    I don’t think you would need to move fans from West Lower.

I think it’s more simple.

South Lower - Hibs kids for Cat B
    If Hibs kids want to attend Cat A (which you often hear parents saying they don’t always take them to - they get 1st choice in other areas of the stadium.

It would work better also as you could have a Hibs kids zone set up at the back of the East - and open the gate so fans can walk to south Lower so don’t have to go past away fans.

Would also make ER look busier as 4 stands would be busy.

New singing section can start middle of FF Lower and still offer tickets to be bought next to it but make it clear this middle section will be standing for full game.

Someone should start a poll - Should the signing section be in the FF Lower - yes or no.

Bottom line is it would help the team and although the fans are massive for any club - long term it’s the way forward.

I don't see the issue with moving fans. They wouldn't be asked to leave their home and move to another town its only a seat in a football stadium. Would it kill people to move from the FF lower to the West lower?
    Last edited by Since452; 25-07-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't see the issue with moving fans. They wouldn't be asked to leave their home and move to another town its only a seat in a football stadium. Would it kill people to move from the FF lower to the West lower?
    Of course, why don't hibs just allocate season ticket seats randomly !! Folk choose which stand they want to sit in. I was East season ticket holder for years and moved to FF upper with my Father in law, when the Nieces and Nephews came along we moved to FF lower, we have been there for a long time now and we all (7) of us enjoy our seats and our view. None of us want to move and Im sure there are many more in the same boat. It will happen in the next couple of years and we will have to move, not fussed about that as its the rules.

Anyway, back on topic....

Any updates on how many we've sold now?

For the last question, I don't mean anecdotal evidence, e.g. me and my mates are gonna move, I mean do you have a petition with a list of 1,5000 or so people that are volunteering to move? That might seem extreme, but think of the effect of shifting the 3,000 or so folk from their current seats would have, only to find out that there was actually little or no demand for a new FF Lower Singing Section.

If 3 or 4 hundred travelling supporters are loud, then what would it sound like if we filled the lower tier of similar Hibs fans?

As for the rest of your post, i understand each and every point, BUT if we want a loud and intimidating atmosphere at every home game, it needs to be built, and that i'm afraid can only be done in a part of the ground where they would not annoy anyone else.

It cant happen in the east or the west, it can only happen where it would be known whenever you bought your ticket/season book, that this part of the ground could get rowdy, it could be very noisy and you probably will need to stand all game.

In every other part of the ground, this would annoy someone.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Fill in the corner between the FF and East stand . Make it the standing singing section. No one has to move out of their seat and with the SS closer to the East it’s a win win situation. Cmon Ron :)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Anyway, back on topic....

Any updates on how many we've sold now?
    Suzy's Kicks for Kids initiative bought almost 70 season tickets today which should see us now very close to breaking through the 12,500 barrier. Probably a club announcement of this by close of business on Saturday.

With the season starting in just over a week and many folks getting paid at the end of the month hopefully we can be baring down on 13,000 by 3pm on the 3rd August.

12,900 would see us down 500 on last seasons record figure but that is not unexpected given our bump down to earth last season and with probably only Scott Allan of the new signings known to the switherers.

I can see us being a steady team this season with our additions.
    Last summer Lennon bought a lot of icing but not much cake. This summers signings have been brought in to balance the squad up.
    Another strong midfielder coming in would probably complete the Heckinbottom remodel if we are to play with only one up front.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-07-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The number of people isn't relevant. There were far less in the singing section at the foot of section 43 but it was still far louder and more people got involved than they have since being moved to the famous 5 upper in a corner where barely anyone in the east can hear them. Can hear the away fans in the lower tier directly opposite more.

didn't think the bottom of section 43 was good I sit just behind that area, always thought it was always better at the back of section 43 with the drum, a lot more of the fans joined in and travelled throughout the stadium, you only hear the away fans better when that stand is full and everyone joins in, yams huns and celts, the problem I think is in the FF although the singing section are belting it out theres not enough other fans joining in, but if they get better numbers of fans in the FF lower and keep adding I can see it working.