hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ticket line

Ticket line

Does anyone know the direct number for the ticket office. Not ticket master that is a farce. My son is a youth and didn't want to renew but had decided he wants too renew now. I thought I could just go into the account pick his seat and assign him to it. You can't and now after 20mins on the phone some foreign lady informs me I can buy one in the east or west but not the famous five my lad is 16 with a client ref. Anyone help please

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    The number is disconnected now. Might be easier to head to the ticket office?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjohnstone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know the direct number for the ticket office. Not ticket master that is a farce. My son is a youth and didn't want to renew but had decided he wants too renew now. I thought I could just go into the account pick his seat and assign him to it. You can't and now after 20mins on the phone some foreign lady informs me I can buy one in the east or west but not the famous five my lad is 16 with a client ref. Anyone help please
    FF Lower no unaccompanied adults or juveniles.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    FF Lower no unaccompanied adults or juveniles.
    He wouldn't be unaccompanied his seat is still free and he's on my network. I suppose the only way is to go to the ticket office in person as no one at waster Road answer's the phone

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    The number is disconnected now. Might be easier to head to the ticket office?
    That number was never really officially published, and was a handy number to know of. Suppose it got to the stage far too many knew of it and the 7p per minute ticket lines were getting bypassed.

He wouldn't be unaccompanied his seat is still free and he's on my network. I suppose the only way is to go to the ticket office in person as no one at waster Road answer's the phone
    i dont think it is a case of not answering the phones at all.

being the begining of the season it is one of the busiest times in that office. you may have seen the queues outside on Tuesday night to pick up tickets they were massive.

it may be that there are queues at the counter or windows to pick up season tickets or tickets for the game on Saturday. therefore the queues will take precedent to the phones, i would think.

the cut off dates were well advertised and the seat put up for sale after. if it isnt taken then it should be something they can sort out for you at the office.

Because your son came out of a family group the person you spoke to is treating it as a new request for him to sit in that area. Maybe its his age too i cant remember if the age limit is 16 and over.

I think a visit to the office would sort it out for you. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Really how sad

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Really how sad

Its cool to be offended by absolutely anything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Its cool to be offended by absolutely anything these days.
    Seems to be world is full of snowflakes

First Team Breakthrough
    Poor taste I cant understand folk who must spend ages trying to find something offensive out of nothing get a job
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesconnolly View Post
    Poor taste I cant understand folk who must spend ages trying to find something offensive out of nothing get a job

@hibs.net private member
    Just the five posts by folk who are offended by a couple of wee cartoon pictures then. Seems a bit snowflakey.

“Some foreign lady” used intentionally or not, is a clumsy/ derogatory term. As if the fact that she was “foreign” made it more of an issue. When in actual fact it shouldn’t have made a difference. You wouldn’t say “some Scottish lady”. Her background is an irrelevance to how well she does her job.

But hey ho. I guess I’m a snowflake too :)

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    “Some foreign lady” used intentionally or not, is a clumsy/ derogatory term. As if the fact that she was “foreign” made it more of an issue. When in actual fact it shouldn’t have made a difference. You wouldn’t say “some Scottish lady”. Her background is an irrelevance to how well she does her job.

Bank of Scotland moved a call centre from Northern Ireland because callers could not make out what was being said.

maybe u are? Who cares, its all about figure of speech. It was a foreign call centre by the sound of the chat I could hear when I was speaking to her, hence the term foreign lady. How the hell is that derogatory ffs you are a big snowflake take that how you please,

@hibs.net private member
    maybe u are? Who cares, its all about figure of speech. It was a foreign call centre by the sound of the chat I could hear when I was speaking to her, hence the term foreign lady. How the hell is that derogatory ffs you are a big snowflake take that how you please,
    Gosh you sound worked up. You should try not to be so easily offended.

@hibs.net private member
    Out of interest, what does the term snowflake actually mean?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Should it not have been “some person” so as not to be sexist.

😉

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    You are a precious one of a kind.

Right wingers love to hurl it around. As if being part of the mob is something to be proud of.

J

No need for the personal stuff, please cut it out.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Basically easily offended or someone who actively tries to find things which offend them. You could go on and on. I have no problems with anyone’s opinion but Some some people take it too far you have to watch every word you write every word you say. Just in case you offend someone.
    At the end of the day all I want is a ticket for my son not to be accused of being racist in the process.
    I think it’s wrong if we have to pay 7p a minute to talk to a foreign call centre about a ticket. If that’s racist well I give up. I will go to the ticket office on Saturday and waste beer time.

Sorry For that but he basically called me a racist
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    No need for the personal stuff, please cut it out.

@hibs.net private member
    Basically easily offended or someone who actively tries to find things which offend them. You could go on and on. I have no problems with anyone’s opinion but Some some people take it too far you have to watch every word you write every word you say. Just in case you offend someone.
    At the end of the day all I want is a ticket for my son not to be accused of being racist in the process.
    I think it’s wrong if we have to pay 7p a minute to talk to a foreign call centre about a ticket. If that’s racist well I give up. I will go to the ticket office on Saturday and waste beer time.
    I suspected it was a term to offend someone. Really no need for verbals, we're all Hibs fans at the end of the day.

Fek, that blew up fast

Wee update I emailed hibs yesterday. Phone call today from a lass called Mel all sorted in 5 mins ggtth

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Wee update I emailed hibs yesterday. Phone call today from a lass called Mel all sorted in 5 mins ggtth
    Was Mel a foreign lass?

Email has for some time proved the most effective way to contact the ticket office to resolve issues.
    The telephone is someone trying to cut to the front of the queue and demanding immediate attention.
    Answering email enquiries is a much better system and allows staff to work in a logical way to make efficient use of their time.
    The consensus of sensible folk is that the ticket office staff are very helpful and will make every effort to resolve your ticket issue.
    I admit to frustration over a couple of issues in the past but would never consider taking it out on the staff.

On reflection all but 1 of the issues could have been resolved without annoyance had i not arrived at the stadium at 10 minutes to 3pm/7:45pm.
    We are all learning all the time..................mostly from when things go wrong!
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-08-2019 at 02:58 PM.

A lass!!More gender stereotyping