hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Twas the day before pre-season........

Assuming Jackson and Newell have been brought in as starters i would guess our strongest team is looking like this:

________________Marciano

Gray______Jackson______Hanlon_____Stevenson

_______Mallan____Allan_____Newell

Boyle_____________________________Horgan
    ________________Kamberi

Second 11
    ________________Dabrowski

Whittaker___McGregor___Porteous___Mackie

__??????_____Slivka___Murray______??????

______________Shaw____??????

Not looking too bad but still work to be done in adding some robustness to that midfield and more firepower and pace so we aren't absolutely snookered by injuries or lack of options to replace out of form players.

Should be enough to get us through the Betfred cup group stages but would feel much happier with another two or three in the door before then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    We certainly look well covered at the back.. we could really do with getting a defensive midfielder sorted.
    I don't think Newell will play in the centre. I'd expect as many as 5/6 new players to come in before the window closese.

GK
    CDM
    Omeonga
    Winger
    Striker x2

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming Jackson and Newell have been brought in as starters i would guess our strongest team is looking like this:

________________Marciano

________________Kamberi

Second 11

Not looking too bad but still work to be done in adding some robustness to that midfield and more firepower and pace so we aren't absolutely snookered by injuries or lack of options to replace out of form players.

Should be enough to get us through the Betfred cup group stages but would feel much happier with another two or three in the door before then.
    Porteous was superb first half of last season and would hope to see him kick on after injury and cement his place as a starter week in, week out.

Given the noises by Hibs and PH I am confident we will get McNulty and Omeonga.

That would be 5 new signings.

I still think we will see:-

GK
    Defensive Midfielder
    Full back (cover)
    Striker (more physical)

If Slivka and Marciano leave then replacements x 2

Was there not strong rumours about a dutch midfielder coming in? An absolutely unit of a guy.
    Sure it was a supposed done deal just waiting for him to return from his holidays

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Was there not strong rumours about a dutch midfielder coming in? An absolutely unit of a guy.
    Sure it was a supposed done deal just waiting for him to return from his holidays
    Danzell Gravenberch, I also heard this rumour. Don’t know if there’s any substance to it. Hopefully someone else may know more?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jax67 View Post
    Danzell Gravenberch, I also heard this rumour. Don’t know if there’s any substance to it. Hopefully someone else may know more?
    Think the rumour was that he had agreed to sign but it wasn’t being announced until after his holiday. With the players being back tomorrow I’d assume that to be nonsense unless he signs today.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

________________Marciano

________________Kamberi

Second 11

Thats a pretty good starting point tbf

Looking at his Wiki profile if we are interested in him it must be as a fixer upper, because so far the highlight of his career seems to have been a bad tackle on an extremely expensive Arsenal player. Also wiki lists him as a centre back rather than a defensive midfield player.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Think the rumour was that he had agreed to sign but it wasn’t being announced until after his holiday. With the players being back tomorrow I’d assume that to be nonsense unless he signs today.
    Could have been planning a later holiday, as the English clubs aren't back for another few days?

hopefully true. The boy looks an absolute tank from what I've seen on youtube. Also love the fact it seems like he's played CB, CM and upfront for previous clubs. Get the boy in.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we will get the benefit of the players having a good rest. Last year we were back in training really quickly.

I'd hope to see us resolve our problem with scoring goals.

The highest scorer in league games was Kamberi, with eight.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    We certainly look well covered at the back.. we could really do with getting a defensive midfielder sorted.
    I don't think Newell will play in the centre. I'd expect as many as 5/6 new players to come in before the window closese.

GK
    CDM
    Omeonga
    Winger
    Striker x2

Add a RB to that list as Whittaker will be a liability in that possession if he is the cover for Gray.

Highlights the need for legs and someone who can actually tackle in centre mid.

Omeonga and McNulty would be good signing but we can’t just rely on them. Would need another striker and defensive mid even if they come in.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we announce another signing today as it’s the day before (not in the know, just a hunch).

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think we will get the benefit of the players having a good rest. Last year we were back in training really quickly.
    Not sure we’ll be back much later this year?

Competitive games start pretty much the same time.