hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 115
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Christ, and to think I got pelters for my post on this thread on Friday night too!

    Including the rather charming ‘yam crank’ chat.
    Yours was as bad.. just a shorter read and quicker to spot what you were at.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The anti-social Social Club
    Posts
    1,510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fool! How do you suggest that a gap of 20 years between the twins and Mick Jagger is comparable?

    I accept that, and concede that my example was not a good one!

  4. #63
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The anti-social Social Club
    Posts
    1,510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yours was as bad.. just a shorter read and quicker to spot what you were at.
    I wasn't ‘at’ anything WR.

    I made a post that I perhaps should have given more thought to, before doing so.

    Out of interest, what did you perceive that I was ‘at’?

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't ‘at’ anything WR.

    I made a post that I perhaps should have given more thought to, before doing so.

    Out of interest, what did you perceive that I was ‘at’?
    The wind-up?

  6. #65
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The anti-social Social Club
    Posts
    1,510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The wind-up?
    Not bad!

    A wee wind-up after a few ‘Friday beers’? Aye, maybe.

    A serious post? No’ really.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad!

    A wee wind-up after a few ‘Friday beers’? Aye, maybe.

    A serious post? No’ really.
    Fair play, but you did ask

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The stats are ball park guesses but probably not far of the mark.

    Picture this,
    Middle age female attending one of the Proclaimers gigs at the Castle later this summer.
    Me: Casually approach, engage her in conversation and ask how many Proclaimers songs she can name? (lets pretend i'm not told to Foxtrot Oscar)
    Her: 500 miles etc, Letter from America, Sunshine on Leith ..................big pause, Let's Get Married .......................another big pause, I'm On My Way .......................King Of The Road (I politely remind her that's a cover) .................cue tumbleweed. Congratulations you have named 5 songs from over 30 years of the Proclaimers.

    That would be typical for much of the audience.
    There won't be many folk like Papillon Vert in attendance (posted above) who are aware of the last Proclaimers album "Angry Cyclist" never mind who have listened to or bought it.

    This summer the middle age music aficionado's will be mainly avoiding the crowds, singalongs and expensive tickets at the Castle to attend at the Leith Theatre to see the wonderful Teenage Fanclub do their thang. No "putting on a great show", just great music. Bliss.

    I say that as someone who owns 6 of the 7 albums the Proclaimers released between 1987 & 2007 and someone who has listened to last years "Angry Cyclist" album. You will be glad to hear i will never attend another of their gigs unless there are no Hibs supporters, scottish folk, ex pats, etc in attendance and they promise not to play 500 ****in miles. Petrie!!!!!!



    P.S I wouldn't have liked it but i bet the Melrose gig in the big tent was very good. I also hope those attending the Castle gigs have a great time.
    I must say that I kind of agree with you.

    I'd describe myself as a fan, but not rabidly so, own about two thirds of their albums. First saw them in 1986 supporting the The Housemartins at the Assembly Rooms, these two skinny kids with guitars and no backing at all at that point were instantly fascinating.

    Seen them them a couple of times after that the last time at the Usher Hall, must have been 25 years ago.

    Now, I love their association with Hibs, all the way back to the Mercer takeover days, and the greatest football anthem of them all.

    But..... I do find the Hibs thing just a little cringey at times, and I suspect the Reid's would maybe say the same deep down if you game them truth serum.

    Are the local concerts always full of people in Hibs tops and carrying flags, turning the event into a mini Hibs rally? They weren't when I last saw them but that was before SOL became the song.

    I totally disagree with Lucy Brown, in no way are they past it musically, long may they continue.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must say that I kind of agree with you.

    I'd describe myself as a fan, but not rabidly so, own about two thirds of their albums. First saw them in 1986 supporting the The Housemartins at the Assembly Rooms, these two skinny kids with guitars and no backing at all at that point were instantly fascinating.

    Seen them them a couple of times after that the last time at the Usher Hall, must have been 25 years ago.

    Now, I love their association with Hibs, all the way back to the Mercer takeover days, and the greatest football anthem of them all.

    But..... I do find the Hibs thing just a little cringey at times, and I suspect the Reid's would maybe say the same deep down if you game them truth serum.

    Are the local concerts always full of people in Hibs tops and carrying flags, turning the event into a mini Hibs rally? They weren't when I last saw them but that was before SOL became the song.

    I totally disagree with Lucy Brown, in no way are they past it musically, long may they continue.
    I saw the Proclaimers in the early pre band days and liked them a lot. Loads of energy and different to any other act at the time.
    Last time i saw them was 2002 at Haddington Corn Exchange but the Hibs thing was already happening and spoilt the gig a bit.
    I have listened to all their album releases since then and there are a lot of good songs on them but I wouldn't go and see them.
    The Melrose gig was £43.50 a ticket. The Castle gig will be considerably more expensive.
    For the price of a Castle gig ticket I could probably go to three gigs this year Teenage Fanclub at Leith and Calexice/Iron & Wine and Bill Callahan at the Usher Hall all of whom i consider musically superior and more interesting.

    However, we all see things differently and it's great that folk get great enjoyment out of going to see the Proclaimers.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 17-06-2019 at 05:51 PM.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,048
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the Proclaimers in the early pre band days and liked them a lot. Loads of energy and different to any other act at the time.
    Last time i saw them was 2002 at Haddington Corn Exchange but the Hibs thing was already happening and spoilt the gig a bit.
    I have listened to all their album releases since then and there are a lot of good songs on them but wouldn't go and see them.
    The Melrose gig was £43.50 a ticket. The castle will be considerably more expensive.
    For the price of a Castle gig ticket I could probably go to three gigs this year Teenage Fanclub at Leith and Calexice/Iron & Wine and Bill Callahan at the Usher Hall all of whom i consider musically superior and more interesting.

    However, we all see things differently and it's great that folk get great enjoyment out of going to see the Proclaimers.
    My wife has no interest in football and is bemused by my level of obsession with Hibs and football in general.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Any time I've seen them live, the Hibs thing has come from the crowd (not to the point of ruining anything) and not from the Twins themselves, apart from the occasional lyric.

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any time I've seen them live, the Hibs thing has come from the crowd (not to the point of ruining anything) and not from the Twins themselves, apart from the occasional lyric.
    I agree the Hibs thing comes from the crowd and not the twins.
    I just don't like mixing music with football.
    There is also the populist issues of the "Sunshine on Leith" jukebox musical and movie.
    If you looked at it through the prism of "Off The Ball" Tam would would like all that stuff but Stuart wouldn't.
    I have long since realised I am Stuart rather than Tam!
    This was a blow given Tam is far more likeable than Stuart.

  12. #71
    First Team Regular hibbydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Pots n Pans
    Age
    39
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The stats are ball park guesses but probably not far of the mark.

    Picture this,
    Middle age female attending one of the Proclaimers gigs at the Castle later this summer.
    Me: Casually approach, engage her in conversation and ask how many Proclaimers songs she can name? (lets pretend i'm not told to Foxtrot Oscar)
    Her: 500 miles etc, Letter from America, Sunshine on Leith ..................big pause, Let's Get Married .......................another big pause, I'm On My Way .......................King Of The Road (I politely remind her that's a cover) .................cue tumbleweed. Congratulations you have named 5 songs from over 30 years of the Proclaimers.

    That would be typical for much of the audience.
    There won't be many folk like Papillon Vert in attendance (posted above) who are aware of the last Proclaimers album "Angry Cyclist" never mind who have listened to or bought it.

    This summer the middle age music aficionado's will be mainly avoiding the crowds, singalongs and expensive tickets at the Castle to attend at the Leith Theatre to see the wonderful Teenage Fanclub do their thang. No "putting on a great show", just great music. Bliss.

    I say that as someone who owns 6 of the 7 albums the Proclaimers released between 1987 & 2007 and someone who has listened to last years "Angry Cyclist" album. You will be glad to hear i will never attend another of their gigs unless there are no Hibs supporters, scottish folk, ex pats, etc in attendance and they promise not to play 500 ****in miles. Petrie!!!!!!



    P.S I wouldn't have liked it but i bet the Melrose gig in the big tent was very good. I also hope those attending the Castle gigs have a great time.
    I think I’ll change the tone of our exchange saying we should agree to disagree.

    PS what you doing approaching middle aged women at gigs? 🤣

  13. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I’ll change the tone of our exchange saying we should agree to disagree.

    PS what you doing approaching middle aged women at gigs? ��
    I've already come across as pretentious music guy so best i don't dis middle aged women at gigs further by giving a smart answer to your question

  14. #73
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel sorry for the Reid brothers as songwriters and artists.
    Let me explain.

    They have written a lot of great songs but 95% of the folk that go to their gigs couldn't name 10 Proclaimers songs.
    The same 95% at the gigs couldn't name 3 songs they have released since 2002.

    Their Hibs connection including "Sunshine On Leith" guarantees them sell out gigs to Hibs fans and their families, ex pats etc, football fans etc which is great for them financially.
    However, that singalong populist audience are not interested in art or music beyond the songs they have heard hundreds of times.
    Sadly The Proclaimers are now in the Scottish showbiz box with Rod Stewart and are dead to people who love music.
    Tin hat on.

    On a positive note, enjoy the Melrose gig today in the certainty that it will be much better than the upcoming Edinburgh Castle date.
    The general rule is. Small venue great. Big venue not nearly so good. Big outside venue, bad. Big outside venue before darkness, very bad.


    Is there any popular band around though that is anything but a mere tribute act to their first few albums? I don't think it's a phenomenon exclusive to The Proclaimers.


    Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
    Renton: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
    Sick Boy: No, it's not bad. But it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just...s h!t e.

  15. #74

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any popular band around though that is anything but a mere tribute act to their first few albums? I don't think it's a phenomenon exclusive to The Proclaimers.


    Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
    Renton: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
    Sick Boy: No, it's not bad. But it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just...s h!t e.
    Nice one, like those lines from Trainspotting. Lot of truth in them.

    It all swings around the definition of a popular band.
    Obviously as a muso i don't like popular artists .
    Hell, you understand your a Cocteau Twin .
    Can you imagine how much Hibee Proclaimers fans would like listening to them . The word pish would be getting banded aboot.

    Ok, final offer. I will go and see the Proclaimers if they don't play 500 miles, Letter from America, Let's Get Married & Cap in Hand.
    I wish i never had to hear any of those songs ever ever again.

    The Proclaimers are pretty rare in that their most popular songs are some of their worst and some of their best songs are almost unknown to many of their fans.

    P.S. Are you in Shanghai or Grangemouth?

  16. #75
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice one, like those lines from Trainspotting. Lot of truth in them.

    It all swings around the definition of a popular band.
    Obviously as a muso i don't like popular artists .
    Hell, you understand your a Cocteau Twin .
    Can you imagine how much Hibee Proclaimers fans would like listening to them . The word pish would be getting banded aboot.

    Ok, final offer. I will go and see the Proclaimers if they don't play 500 miles, Letter from America, Let's Get Married & Cap in Hand.
    I wish i never had to hear any of those songs ever ever again.

    The Proclaimers are pretty rare in that their most popular songs are some of their worst and some of their best songs are almost unknown to many of their fans.

    P.S. Are you in Shanghai or Grangemouth?
    Most definitely not in Grangemouth

    I've never been a big fan of The Proclaimers as their sound doesn't catch my ear, so I am not in a position to comment on the longevity of their quality. Cocteau Twins were also a rare phenomenon in the music world in that arguably the quality of their creative output extended even to their last two studio albums (of 9), after what is widely considered their peak, Heaven or Las Vegas.

    As for my own career, this most definitely peaked somewhere around 1998 and the quote from Sick Boy strongly applies.

  17. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any popular band around though that is anything but a mere tribute act to their first few albums? I don't think it's a phenomenon exclusive to The Proclaimers.


    Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
    Renton: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
    Sick Boy: No, it's not bad. But it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just...s h!t e.
    Aye, same goes for Steps.

  18. #77
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, same goes for Steps.
    They could never recreate the quality of their first album.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #78
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,604
    Like it or not Sunshine on Leith has been a huge part of recent Hibs history. The videos of us singing that song has massively raised awareness of Hibs and has got us more supporters around the world.

    If its not your bag then fair enough, but why would you want to slag them off on a Hibs forum!? I really don't get some Hibs fans at all. Do you get Liverpool or Celtic fans slagging off YNWA? I very much doubt it.

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could never recreate the quality of their first album.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was never the same after H went off the rails

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it or not Sunshine on Leith has been a huge part of recent Hibs history. The videos of us singing that song has massively raised awareness of Hibs and has got us more supporters around the world.

    If its not your bag then fair enough, but why would you want to slag them off on a Hibs forum!? I really don't get some Hibs fans at all. Do you get Liverpool or Celtic fans slagging off YNWA? I very much doubt it.
    I quite agree.

    That anthem is now world famous, and is indelibly linked to Hibs success in breaking the hoodoo.

    I'm not a 'big' fan of the Proclaimers, haven't bought a record and have only seen them live at a Testimonial dinner, but I'm going to see them at the Castle gig.
    As you say, not every Hibs fan HAS to be a Proclaimers fan, just as not every Jambo HAS to be a devotee of Ronnie Corbett, but to take the trouble of frankly being a bit bitchy about them on a Hibs forum is puzzling.

    I've never seen anything on Sickbag suggesting that Ronnie Corbett is an unfunny wee poshboy, although that would have far more merit than criticising Craig and Charlie on here.

  22. #81
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite agree.

    That anthem is now world famous, and is indelibly linked to Hibs success in breaking the hoodoo.

    I'm not a 'big' fan of the Proclaimers, haven't bought a record and have only seen them live at a Testimonial dinner, but I'm going to see them at the Castle gig.
    As you say, not every Hibs fan HAS to be a Proclaimers fan, just as not every Jambo HAS to be a devotee of Ronnie Corbett, but to take the trouble of frankly being a bit bitchy about them on a Hibs forum is puzzling.

    I've never seen anything on Sickbag suggesting that Ronnie Corbett is an unfunny wee poshboy, although that would have far more merit than criticising Craig and Charlie on here.
    Spot on. I have said it before on here but I really cant think of any other club that sticks the boot into its own club like some Hibees do.

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it or not Sunshine on Leith has been a huge part of recent Hibs history. The videos of us singing that song has massively raised awareness of Hibs and has got us more supporters around the world.

    If its not your bag then fair enough, but why would you want to slag them off on a Hibs forum!? I really don't get some Hibs fans at all. Do you get Liverpool or Celtic fans slagging off YNWA? I very much doubt it.
    I agree. Very few people share the exact taste in music and this forum could have a post that would go on forever if arguments and name calling started. If I listed all of the music I liked (which is a very broad spectrum but a bit retro) and said everything else other than this s pi*h then the post would probably run longer than "Mousetrap" (for the younger viewers this was a stage play in London's West End than ran for onger than any other show).
    I have argued over music loads of times and dissed many bands but it never resolved anything as you can't force folk to like/dislike an artist or band so you have to agree to disagree.
    I haven't listened to all the Proclaimers albums and those that I have I didn't like all of the songs, but on every album I did find some well written tunes and excellent lyrics - some a bit folksy and same a bit bluesy (My Old Friend The Blues, love this early one). I saw them in a small venue in Montrose many years ago, just about 200 folk and they gave a brilliant show. Would I go to see them again? Hell yeah.

  24. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. Very few people share the exact taste in music and this forum could have a post that would go on forever if arguments and name calling started. If I listed all of the music I liked (which is a very broad spectrum but a bit retro) and said everything else other than this s pi*h then the post would probably run longer than "Mousetrap" (for the younger viewers this was a stage play in London's West End than ran for onger than any other show).
    I have argued over music loads of times and dissed many bands but it never resolved anything as you can't force folk to like/dislike an artist or band so you have to agree to disagree.
    I haven't listened to all the Proclaimers albums and those that I have I didn't like all of the songs, but on every album I did find some well written tunes and excellent lyrics - some a bit folksy and same a bit bluesy (My Old Friend The Blues, love this early one). I saw them in a small venue in Montrose many years ago, just about 200 folk and they gave a brilliant show. Would I go to see them again? Hell yeah.
    As music pedant guy i must point out that "My Old Friend The Blues" is a cover of a Steve Earle song from his rather gid 1986 debut album "Guitar Town"

  25. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most definitely not in Grangemouth

    I've never been a big fan of The Proclaimers as their sound doesn't catch my ear, so I am not in a position to comment on the longevity of their quality. Cocteau Twins were also a rare phenomenon in the music world in that arguably the quality of their creative output extended even to their last two studio albums (of 9), after what is widely considered their peak, Heaven or Las Vegas.

    As for my own career, this most definitely peaked somewhere around 1998 and the quote from Sick Boy strongly applies.
    In honour of you i have looked out and am now playing ra Cocteau's "Treasure" CD, not their very best but gid stuff

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it or not Sunshine on Leith has been a huge part of recent Hibs history. The videos of us singing that song has massively raised awareness of Hibs and has got us more supporters around the world.

    If its not your bag then fair enough, but why would you want to slag them off on a Hibs forum!? I really don't get some Hibs fans at all. Do you get Liverpool or Celtic fans slagging off YNWA? I very much doubt it.
    To do similar they would have to slag off the writers/performers of YNWA
    No one on this thread has slagged of "Sunshine on Leith"
    It does and will always stand up.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-06-2019 at 12:54 PM.

  27. #86
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To do similar they would have to slag off the writers/performers of YNWA
    No one on this thread has slagged of "Sunshine on Leith"
    It does and will always stand up.
    I imagine most people don't even know who wrote YNWA. Many will mistakenly think it was Gerry and the Pacemakers. Also many clubs around the world sign it. Where as Sunshine On Leith is only really sang by The Proclaimers and Hibs fans. Its our song that no one else can really sing. Ok no one slagged of the actual song. But I still dont understand slagging off the writers of our anthem on a Hibs forum

  28. #87
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The anti-social Social Club
    Posts
    1,510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To do similar they would have to slag off the writers/performers of YNWA
    No one on this thread has slagged of "Sunshine on Leith"
    It does and will always stand up.
    ‘Sunshine on Leith’ is one of, if not the, best anthems in football and for that very reason, is un-slaggable.

    The only one that comes close in the ‘goosebumps’ stakes, is YNWA.

  29. #88
    YNWA comes from the Rodgers & Hammersmith musical Carousel sung on stage by Julie Jordan.

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As music pedant guy i must point out that "My Old Friend The Blues" is a cover of a Steve Earle song from his rather gid 1986 debut album "Guitar Town"

    Missed that info on the album - I usually make a point of checking it as well. Still, they sing it well. I will look up Steve Earl's original on Youtube and give it a bash cos I like the song.

  31. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As music pedant guy i must point out that "My Old Friend The Blues" is a cover of a Steve Earle song from his rather gid 1986 debut album "Guitar Town"
    Now you’re talking my language! Superb album.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved