hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

If Hibs received ‘major investment’

Hypothetical and more than likely not a chance in Hell of it happening, but how much investment would be too much? Would you be happy supporting Hibs, sitting in a stadium with loads of football tourists and supporters who’ve jumped on the bandwagon cause Hibs are winning every week?

I imagine it would be pretty boring being even a Celtic supporter, you only need to look at their support who are so used to domestic success a sizeable number of them don’t even hang around for trophy presentations any more.

I’d be happy with investment but I wouldn’t want the soul being ripped out of the club and thousands of plastics jumping on board. In saying that I would however be over the moon with the occasional league win, continually being competitive up the top of the league rather as having as many pish seasons as decent ones, European trips every year, frequent Hampden pitch invasions in May and ragdolling Hearts 3/4 times a season
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t think Easter Road would have loads of added extras as we almost sell out already, it would be probably hard to get a match ticket until we expand the stadium.

I would never get tired of horsing hearts! Added to the fact it would never get boring winning cups against Celtic and the huns plus the European adventures would be incredible. It’s boring for a generation of Celtic fans because all they know is success. We would savour every last bit because of looking from the outside for years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hypothetical and more than likely not a chance in Hell of it happening, but how much investment would be too much? Would you be happy supporting Hibs, sitting in a stadium with loads of football tourists and supporters who’ve jumped on the bandwagon cause Hibs are winning every week?

I imagine it would be pretty boring being even a Celtic supporter, you only need to look at their support who are so used to domestic success a sizeable number of them don’t even hang around for trophy presentations any more.

I’d be happy with investment but I wouldn’t want the soul being ripped out of the club and thousands of plastics jumping on board. In saying that I would however be over the moon with the occasional league win, continually being competitive up the top of the league rather as having as many pish seasons as decent ones, European trips every year, frequent Hampden pitch invasions in May and ragdolling Hearts 3/4 times a season
    I wouldn’t get bored of it in my lifetime and that’s all that matters to me 😁

I get where you are coming from. I feel extremely sorry for the die hard Man City fans who stuck with their club through years and years of dross and who are now lumped in with the 'new' fans the club has attracted …. If anybody deserves the club's recent success they do, they must be really annoyed at the glory hunter accusations levelled at the club's fans.

As for us. Celtic and Rangers / Sevco for decade after decade have dominated our game on the back of stealing fans who already have local clubs to support from every region of Scotland and perpetuated a money making rivalry based on hatred and bigotry which has little if anything to do with football … what could be more artificial than that? If Hibs were to put a stop to that on the back of a cash injection from some multi billionaire I for one wouldn't feel bad or guilty about it in the slightest.

Bring it on

@hibs.net private member
    Then it's settled, bring back loyalty points...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s to build the indoor football pitch at East Mains?
    Just a hunch

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I want enough investment for us to be the top dog amongst us, Hearts and Aberdeen, with an occasional shot at the title and a cup every 4/5 years.

I don't want us to become a soulless artificially rich Man City/PSG.

Id want investment on the team first and facilities second.....no point having a great training centre if we have a mid table team battling for top six every year

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Id want investment on the team first and facilities second.....no point having a great training centre if we have a mid table team battling for top six every year
    Sod that ……………. lets do both

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I get where you are coming from. I feel extremely sorry for the die hard Man City fans who stuck with their club through years and years of dross and who are now lumped in with the 'new' fans the club has attracted …. If anybody deserves the club's recent success they do, they must be really annoyed at the glory hunter accusations levelled at the club's fans.

As for us. Celtic and Rangers / Sevco for decade after decade have dominated our game on the back of stealing fans who already have local clubs to support from every region of Scotland and perpetuated a money making rivalry based on hatred and bigotry which has little if anything to do with football … what could be more artificial than that? If Hibs were to put a stop to that on the back of a cash injection from some multi billionaire I for one wouldn't feel bad or guilty about it in the slightest.

Bring it on
    I'm sure they survive

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR27 View Post
    I'm sure they survive
    Having arguably the best manager and best team in the world must soften the blow of not having to feed the Goat anymore.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

As things stand, there isn't a whole lot of room at Easter Road for the tourists because our support has been almost filling the stadium regularly.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    As things stand, there isn't a whole lot of room at Easter Road for the tourists because our support has been almost filling the stadium regularly.
    Once we fill in the corners,,,,,,

I'm fed up with the struggle season after season with the occasional cup that cheers.
    Before I die I want a Man City amount of investment, domination of Scottish football like Celtic and a world class stadium with comfy seats and quality food and drink on offer.

I'd quite like a 5-10 year stretch when we absolutely skoosh the league à few times, win a couple of cups and have some real big European games back at ER. Then some non cataclysmic resettling of the equilibrium to be the definite 3rd force in Scotland, giving the OF a real run for their money and continuing to do reasonably well in the cups.

So a combo of Hibs in the 60's and Aberdeen in the 80's before cementing our place as the 3rd force in Scottish football.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me........

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I'm fed up with the struggle season after season with the occasional cup that cheers.
    Before I die I want a Man City amount of investment, domination of Scottish football like Celtic and a world class stadium with comfy seats and quality food and drink on offer.

I hope you're still young as that is not happening anytime soon.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Why would tourists at games bother anyone?

Why is it even a talking point?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

wouldn't bother me if the seats that would otherwise be empty were bought by tourists.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

It’s just inverse snobbery

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    wouldn't bother me if the seats that would otherwise be empty were bought by tourists.
    Precisely.

I doubt that the tens of thousands of Man United season ticket holders are too bothered about the tourists who are ripping the soul out of the club.

It's all very ubery.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Having arguably the best manager and best team in the world must soften the blow of not having to feed the Goat anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    It’s just inverse snobbery
    It’s not inverse snobbery at all and you both know exactly what I mean.

Football tourists, the losers who stand with their phones out all game recording the whole thing for strangers on social media and wear half and half scarves, that type of tourist.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Football tourists, the losers who stand with their phones out all game recording the whole thing for strangers on social media and wear half and half scarves, that type of tourist.
    We are close to selling out every game anyway so its not like we could even entertain that many tourists.

But as a tourist city we really should be trying to get more of them along to Easter Road anyway. Have always thought its a massive missed opportunity with the amount of tourists Edinburgh gets. Not all tourists are 'losers who stand with there phones out'. What about the Hibs fans that go to other countries to watch games, they are tourists.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

I've seen loads of Hibs season ticket holders filming things at the game on their phones. Not sure this is something unique to tourists.

Why are they losers if they're doing what they want to do?

I was thinking about going to see a game in the Maracanã in Rio in September. No doubt I'd have taken my phone out and shot pictures and video.

Should I not go now?

Whether it's inverse snobbery or not, it's definitely an Uber fan thing to worry about. Thinking that you're somehow better than folk enjoying themselves.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 14-06-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I've seen loads of Hibs season ticket holders filming things at the game on their phones. Not sure this is something unique to tourists.

There are always videos of big Hibs games on YouTube.

I'd post one of the clips I took at Tripolis but the wi-fi on this train is crap.

Turning the stadium into a pillow fortress.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Man Down Under; 14-06-2019 at 02:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s to build the indoor football pitch at East Mains?
    Just a hunch
    Doing the rounds that it’s 2m Billy . To go on that pitch and players .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Thanks, didn’t know the sums involved
    Wonder how much training centre indoor facility cost. Will need seating if Hibs were to play a Youth Scottish Cup match indoors

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Not sure how much it would be for the indoor covered pitch but I didn't think there would be a lot of change out of 1m? I thought I had read that was the original estimate but happy to be corrected