hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irrational Rage

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trouble is the m-tickets app is absolutely piss poor. The m-tickets app is one of my rages. It takes an age to activate a ticket so if you wait until you get on the bus you get an evil stare from the driver and the people behind you. If you activate it as the bus is approaching and are getting on a Bridges bound bus at Elm Row in the morning, you run the risk of not getting on the bus because it is full of students and school trips!

That’s another rage of mine. Not getting on the bus when it is “full”. The amount of times it happens where let’s say 6 people get off the bus but the driver only allows 4 people on is unreal. Recently there were 3 of us at the stop arguing with the driver who said the bus was full... we could clearly see at least 5 empty seats with only 3 people standing.
    Can't say I have much issue with the m-tickets app. It's a bit on the basic looking side for what should be the capital's flagship public transport app but it has functioned appropriately 99% of the time for me. Had 1 hiccup once when my phone had rain water on it and wasn't opening the app as I ran to the bus. The driver just let me on though. Eventually got it working and activated a ticket out of guilt.

Although I got on a tram recently the same way as I do buses and then realised you're meant to scan the tram stop QR code before getting on the tram.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I work for a North American company. I fume inwardly every time Outlook changes my spelling of "OrganiZation" or when you have to put the month first in data formatting.

The only two things I can think of are spelling related. When folk spell lose as loose, and the recent uprising of ‘could of’ ‘should of’ ‘would of’ instead of could’ve etc, it’s obviously wrong and stupid but not greatly important, but the OCD part of my brain gets absolutely enraged by it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The OCD part of my brain drives me into a rage when I go to get something in the house and it's not where it should be. Keep telling the missus, if she put's everything back in the place where she got it from and where it belongs whenever she finishes using it then it always be there for the next person. There is a place for everything, that way you never lose things.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    The only two things I can think of are spelling related. When folk spell lose as loose, and the recent uprising of ‘could of’ ‘should of’ ‘would of’ instead of could’ve etc, it’s obviously wrong and stupid but not greatly important, but the OCD part of my brain gets absolutely enraged by it.

Do you not mean " could have " and " should have "?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    The OCD part of my brain drives me into a rage when I go to get something in the house and it's not where it should be. Keep telling the missus, if she put's everything back in the place where she got it from and where it belongs whenever she finishes using it then it always be there for the next person. There is a place for everything, that way you never lose things.
    I think we need a "rational rage" thread for this one.

It happens around my house and it drives me up the wall.

A 15 month old daughter who is increasingly mobile, finding new interesting stuff and taking it elsewhere for further examination is not helping my rage situation, rational or irrational.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Do you not mean " could have " and " should have "?
    That's exactly what he does mean. Pretty sure he's just pointing out it's now becoming common to use "of" rather than "have"

One that has started to annoy me lately is when you are having a conversation about football and you mention Rangers and you can guarantee one comedian will pipe up every time 'excuse me don't you mean The Rangers?'

That was funny a few years back, it's still quite funny seeing Rangers fans get annoyed about it now but is it necessary to mention it 10 times in a single conversation? We all get what the joke is, it just isn't that funny anymore and is just annoying really.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    One that has started to annoy me lately is when you are having a conversation about football and you mention Rangers and you can guarantee one comedian will pipe up every time 'excuse me don't you mean The Rangers?'

That was funny a few years back, it's still quite funny seeing Rangers fans get annoyed about it now but is it necessary to mention it 10 times in a single conversation? We all get what the joke is, it just isn't that funny anymore and is just annoying really.
    They'll start telling you they have a long and glorious history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    That's exactly what he does mean. Pretty sure he's just pointing out it's now becoming common to use "of" rather than "have"
    Common but, wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Common but, wrong.
    Exactly, and that's why it annoys him

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Nonsense public transport prices.

Looking at the cost to get to Perth from Edinburgh. £12 single or £8 return...
    Mon the Hibs.

When people start threads about small things that irrationally annoy you, when there's already a thing on small things that irrationally annoy you.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Going back a few post to the integrated transport.
    Was amazed you couldn't buy a single ticket for the tram on contactless. minimum price applies.
    not quite rage, but stronger than a peeve.

Piers Morgan's horrible, slimey, smug puss.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Adults who use skateboards as a form of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Adults who use skateboards as a form of transport.
    There was a guy who looked at least 40 going round Asda at The Jewel wearing a pair of roller blades the other day.

Grow up ffs.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Lest they forget!

tv ads really annoy me! first of all, half of them i cant figure out what the heck there trying to make me buy and secondly it seems the ads are all on at the same time so if your watching channel A and its on an ad break i flick over to another channel..there are ads on that channel.change the channel and ad's again!

Those Gambleaware warnings at the end of ads for bookmakers. Barely audible.

Mind you it looks like they're getting their comeuppance now!

TV programs that feature foreigners speaking perfectly clear English, just with their respective accent like Jamaican, Indian etc. Always, always get subtitled as if they "need" it but get a presenter with a thick regional UK accent, often far less comprehensible then the foreigner, and there's not a subtitle in sight. Linguistic imperialism at its worst and boils my pish every time.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    There was a guy who looked at least 40 going round Asda at The Jewel wearing a pair of roller blades the other day.

Grow up ffs.
    Add to that micro scooters.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.
    I get the bus to work one day a fortnight down to Haddington for work and East Coast buses (the green ones) take contactless
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

When bathroom taps, especially when they control the shower, have no discernible indication of whether they are hot or cold. Why? What am I missing here (apart from a layer or 2 of skin on occasion) ? A clear case of functionality being trumped by some warped definition of cool "design"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I'm at an all inclusive holiday and last year I thought to myself what a ridiculous amount of plastic waste goes on here. This was before Attenborough et all got involved and tbh before I really thought about it. I'd say 90% of people are know conscious to this fact as apposed to thsi time last time year.
    This year they have stopped giving out straws and made separate bins for plastic cups etc, literally next to the waste bin and all clearly marked yet I'm still seeing the food waste overflowing with plastic and the plastic ones half full. It's just laziness.
    Also the sheer greed of some people at the buffets. There is no need to pile a plate so it spills all over when you can go back as many times as you like. And the plates are always still left half eaten.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I'm at an all inclusive holiday and last year I thought to myself what a ridiculous amount of plastic waste goes on here. This was before Attenborough et all got involved and tbh before I really thought about it. I'd say 90% of people are know conscious to this fact as apposed to thsi time last time year.
    This year they have stopped giving out straws and made separate bins for plastic cups etc, literally next to the waste bin and all clearly marked yet I'm still seeing the food waste overflowing with plastic and the plastic ones half full. It's just laziness.
    Also the sheer greed of some people at the buffets. There is no need to pile a plate so it spills all over when you can go back as many times as you like. And the plates are always still left half eaten.
    All food should be served on edible plates. To prevent all that detergent from the washing-up ending up in rivers, seas, oceans, fish, people, the sewage system, rivers, seas, oceans, etc.

Irrational?

Middle lane drivers on the motorway.

Does my head in that they feel the need to reduce the motorway to a dual carriageway. I would rather the traffic polis were chasing these twats down than looking for speeders.
    I know we dont really have three lane roads here but I often travel dan saff.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Middle lane drivers on the motorway.

Does my head in that they feel the need to reduce the motorway to a dual carriageway. I would rather the traffic polis were chasing these twats down than looking for speeders.
    I know we dont really have three lane roads here but I often travel dan saff.
    Totally agree, they seem oblivious to everything around them, cocooned in their own little motorway bubble.

People who alter their drinks order and how much they drink because there is a free bar or someone else is paying. I drink lager or beer and will occasionally have a whisky. If I'm paying that's what I'll drink, if someone else is paying that is still what I'll drink.

We were out with work the other week and one of our office crew was pleading poverty all week and stressing she was only out for 'a couple'. First bar we went to she ordered 'the cheapest gin' and paid for her own. No problem with that, she always drinks gin when we are out. Then the boss came along and said the night was on him. Suddenly it was cocktails, double this and double that, champagne and all sorts. It was just embarrassing.

It seems to happen quite often. People find out they can get a free drink and go on a mission to guzzle down as much as they can to take advantage. ****ing winds me right up.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    People who alter their drinks order and how much they drink because there is a free bar or someone else is paying. I drink lager or beer and will occasionally have a whisky. If I'm paying that's what I'll drink, if someone else is paying that is still what I'll drink.

We were out with work the other week and one of our office crew was pleading poverty all week and stressing she was only out for 'a couple'. First bar we went to she ordered 'the cheapest gin' and paid for her own. No problem with that, she always drinks gin when we are out. Then the boss came along and said the night was on him. Suddenly it was cocktails, double this and double that, champagne and all sorts. It was just embarrassing.

It seems to happen quite often. People find out they can get a free drink and go on a mission to guzzle down as much as they can to take advantage. ****ing winds me right up.
    Totally agree.

I worked for HSBC years ago and our department put a night out on for us at Hopeton House (I think).

I had a very young family at the time so money and time were in very short supply. As it was a work thing and wasn’t going to cost much I got a pass for the evening and one off the women I worked beside agreed to give me a lift back to Dunfermline with her so I could drink (I usually always had the car if it was out of town).

Some fannies who thought they were city bankers hit the dearest whiskies right at the start of the night and effectively spent the tab inside about forty minutes, meaning everyone else got one or two pints at what was meant to be a big department event.

Inconsiderate tossers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net