hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Rage

Irrational Rage

I sometimes watch Salvage Hunters on quest. For some reason I feel this rage build up when the trevento wine advert comes on at the start and ad breaks. A group of ****y blokes lauding each other for the challenges they faced in their hobbies(?).

Doesn't make me drink the wine as much as put a bottle through the TV.

Anyone else experience irrational rage?

**This does not include **** threads started by aresholes on this forum

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anyone else experience irrational rage?

**This does not include **** threads started by aresholes on this forum
    That's ruined it for me you *******.

Watching Countdown and when they pick the letters, they have 4 crappy consonants and 4 vowels. It's plainly obvious they need another consonant as the other 4 are pants but nope they choose a vowel and end up with a 4 letter word, ****ing eejits.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    I'm just an angry angry person full stop....I'm sitting at the airport just now and waiting for my beer, the wee lassies are making coffee and I'm angry that someone has the audacity to walk in and ask for a friggin coffee that takes maybe 1 min to make and not get an easily poured pint.

Oooooo the nerve!
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    When someone takes the minus offer on the chase then ends up winning a share of the money. Usually they don’t answer any in the final chase either. Totally ruins my day when it happens.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When contestants on Eggheads look at the three possible answers and say it’s not answer 1 or answer 2, it’s answer 3. You weren’t asked what the answer isn’t, just give us the correct answer. It is funny though when they confidently rule out an option and it’s the right answer.

United we stand here....

Another quiz one.

When people don't listen to a question properly and get an answer they obviously know the answer to wrong. As an exanple:

'The River Seine flows through the capital of which European country?'

'Paris'

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When contestants on Eggheads look at the three possible answers and say it’s not answer 1 or answer 2, it’s answer 3. You weren’t asked what the answer isn’t, just give us the correct answer. It is funny though when they confidently rule out an option and it’s the right answer.
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.

I get irrational rage about how difficult it can be to arrange the most simple of events. I got a ticking off earlier on today from Mrs Smartie for losing the plot trying to arrange to meet my Dad and her Dad (2 retired gentlemen) to have a cup of tea and discuss a fairly pressing business matter.

I gave up when it all looked like falling apart over a dog's bowel habits, their steadfast refusal to contact one another (instead leaving me to mediate, me who has no commitments whatsoever) and my partner adding about 60 conditions to the deal determining whether or not she would come with me, whether I could take the car, whether I should eat before I go etc etc.

She took my phone off me and sorted it in about 30 seconds.

My every day at work is the same, with people who cannot make appointments around their diaries.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.

That is an entirely rational rage, IMO

I’ve often wondered if they’re told to do that as so many of them do it. Still annoys me though

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

In a similar vein, programmes like Grand Designs where they basically repeat the original show and then have five minutes at the end of Kevin whatshisface going back to see how the house is doing five years later. Cheap filler and the barest minimum of new content.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Gove, every time I see his puss on the telly I want to break things. Slimy wee toad of a man.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Any time that sometime replies to a statement or answers a question when they've completely missed the point. This happens a lot in football punditry.

Q - that winning goal had more than a hint of offside about it but was the full back playing everyone on when the ball was played?

A - the rules are so clear now that level means onside and the striker is definitely interfering with play.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    In a similar vein, programmes like Grand Designs where they basically repeat the original show and then have five minutes at the end of Kevin whatshisface going back to see how the house is doing five years later. Cheap filler and the barest minimum of new content.

The same with Homes Under the Hammer, repeat the same bit as a reminder, what bloody reminder wee just seen it 15 minutes ago, what kind of memory do you think we have?

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Any time that sometime replies to a statement or answers a question when they've completely missed the point. This happens a lot in football punditry.

Q - that winning goal had more than a hint of offside about it but was the full back playing everyone on when the ball was played?

A - the rules are so clear now that level means onside and the striker is definitely interfering with play.
    Apparently this is down to the very brief media "training" a lot of these pundits (or similar) receive. They're basically told to decide in advance what they want to say about any given subject and roll that out regardless of the question, safe in the knowledge that most folk won't even notice they haven't answered the question.

I find it infuriating too, particularly when the question is one I'd actually like some "professional" insight in relation to, rather than the clichéd questions that some presenters rely on. It's got to the point where I'll judge by the presenter and the panel whether it's worth watching the HT/FT analysis.

It's around this time of year I hate travelling on buses through the town. People standing waiting until the bus comes before getting on and raking through their bag looking for change or their bus pass. Have it ready ffs. Had about 4 or 5 Americans getting on the 42 the other day. Fair came to £10.40. They only had a £10 note and £1 coin and asked if anyone had change of 40p for the sake of losing 60p. I was seething inside.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It's around this time of year I hate travelling on buses through the town. People standing waiting until the bus comes before getting on and raking through their bag looking for change or their bus pass. Have it ready ffs. Had about 4 or 5 Americans getting on the 42 the other day. Fair came to £10.40. They only had a £10 note and £1 coin and asked if anyone had change of 40p for the sake of losing 60p. I was seething inside.
    You could have lessened your seethe by donating 40p 😁 and gained praise for your kindly gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.

Not everyone owns contactless payment methods.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Can't you? I very rarely get a bus but sure I read contactless and smart device payments were now a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Can't you? I very rarely get a bus but sure I read contactless and smart device payments were now a thing
    Only on the Airlink and Skylink buses.

There was an announcement last year it was going to be rolled out but it's been radio silence since.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not everyone owns contactless payment methods.
    They could still use cash.

It just seems mental in the 21st century as we become and increasingly cashless society our local bus service has no contactless facilities available or even a top up system similar to the Oyster card.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

It just seems mental in the 21st century as we become and increasingly cashless society our local bus service has no contactless facilities available or even a top up system similar to the Oyster card.
    There's the m-tickets app that would help out. Although I agree with your point - it should be more like London, tap your card as you go.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

There is a top up system similar to Oyster for Lothian Buses, Citysmart Card I use it, always handy in my wallet for the odd bus.

I agree with you but the m-tickets app is worth a look. Not as easy as contactless but you don't have to worry about having change

I’m developing an irrational rage about the way Professor Brian Cox says the word kilometre. I’ve recorded his new show The Planets and it’s getting to the stage that I miss a lot of what he’s saying because I’m thinking why he keeps pronouncing it that way.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    As a former waiter, I get a bit of a rage when watching something like Masterchef when they're cooking for finalists/critics etc and they only carry 2 plates through then come back for the third! A 3 plate carry is not difficult! You're on the clock and this would save you some time arsing about

Totally irrational as the wife keeps telling me but I can't help it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    There's the m-tickets app that would help out. Although I agree with your point - it should be more like London, tap your card as you go.
    I’m going to London this weekend and was reading up on using ‘contactless’ on transport etc. I was a bit cheesed off as my ‘contactless’ card has started playing up this week. However, after a bit of ‘googling’ I’ve discovered that ‘Apple pay’ by IPhone is acceptable down there. Problem solved.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    The trouble is the m-tickets app is absolutely piss poor. The m-tickets app is one of my rages. It takes an age to activate a ticket so if you wait until you get on the bus you get an evil stare from the driver and the people behind you. If you activate it as the bus is approaching and are getting on a Bridges bound bus at Elm Row in the morning, you run the risk of not getting on the bus because it is full of students and school trips!

That’s another rage of mine. Not getting on the bus when it is “full”. The amount of times it happens where let’s say 6 people get off the bus but the driver only allows 4 people on is unreal. Recently there were 3 of us at the stop arguing with the driver who said the bus was full... we could clearly see at least 5 empty seats with only 3 people standing.