hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 98

Thread: Irrational Rage

  1. #1

    Irrational Rage

    I sometimes watch Salvage Hunters on quest. For some reason I feel this rage build up when the trevento wine advert comes on at the start and ad breaks. A group of ****y blokes lauding each other for the challenges they faced in their hobbies(?).

    Doesn't make me drink the wine as much as put a bottle through the TV.

    Anyone else experience irrational rage?

    **This does not include **** threads started by aresholes on this forum


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Anyone else experience irrational rage?

    **This does not include **** threads started by aresholes on this forum
    That's ruined it for me you *******.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,376
    Blog Entries
    1
    Watching Countdown and when they pick the letters, they have 4 crappy consonants and 4 vowels. It's plainly obvious they need another consonant as the other 4 are pants but nope they choose a vowel and end up with a 4 letter word, ****ing eejits.

  5. #4
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Don't actually know right now
    Posts
    8,239
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    I'm just an angry angry person full stop....I'm sitting at the airport just now and waiting for my beer, the wee lassies are making coffee and I'm angry that someone has the audacity to walk in and ask for a friggin coffee that takes maybe 1 min to make and not get an easily poured pint.

    Oooooo the nerve!
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

  6. #5
    Testimonial Due EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,929
    When someone takes the minus offer on the chase then ends up winning a share of the money. Usually they don’t answer any in the final chase either. Totally ruins my day when it happens.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    13,523
    When contestants on Eggheads look at the three possible answers and say it’s not answer 1 or answer 2, it’s answer 3. You weren’t asked what the answer isn’t, just give us the correct answer. It is funny though when they confidently rule out an option and it’s the right answer.

    United we stand here....

  8. #7
    Another quiz one.

    When people don't listen to a question properly and get an answer they obviously know the answer to wrong. As an exanple:

    'The River Seine flows through the capital of which European country?'

    'Paris'

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When contestants on Eggheads look at the three possible answers and say it’s not answer 1 or answer 2, it’s answer 3. You weren’t asked what the answer isn’t, just give us the correct answer. It is funny though when they confidently rule out an option and it’s the right answer.
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

    Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

    Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,971
    I get irrational rage about how difficult it can be to arrange the most simple of events. I got a ticking off earlier on today from Mrs Smartie for losing the plot trying to arrange to meet my Dad and her Dad (2 retired gentlemen) to have a cup of tea and discuss a fairly pressing business matter.

    I gave up when it all looked like falling apart over a dog's bowel habits, their steadfast refusal to contact one another (instead leaving me to mediate, me who has no commitments whatsoever) and my partner adding about 60 conditions to the deal determining whether or not she would come with me, whether I could take the car, whether I should eat before I go etc etc.

    She took my phone off me and sorted it in about 30 seconds.

    My every day at work is the same, with people who cannot make appointments around their diaries.

  11. #10
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

    Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

    Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.

    That is an entirely rational rage, IMO

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    13,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

    Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

    Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.
    I’ve often wondered if they’re told to do that as so many of them do it. Still annoys me though

    United we stand here....

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're actually expected to do that to flesh the programme out so that it fills the half hour slot - I know that because my pub-quiz team took part and came second. I dropped out because I'm too ugly for TV, but I knew the final answer that they got wrong (who was the Brylcreem Boy?).

    Anyway, that brings me to my irrational rage subject - putting rubbish in to fill the time allotted to TV programmes. You see it on Football Focus when you get the initial intro, then a montage - usually with a barely relevant piece of music over the top - then 15 minutes in you'll get a similar montage, then they'll tell you what's coming up even though they've already told you twice before. The actual meat of the programme could be reduced to half the time.

    Oh, and using the same pictures over and over again - particularly true of Channel 5 documentaries. I actually started counting them on one and got to 32 in an hour long show despite only starting after the first four or five. I know that's a bit sad, but you have to nurse your wrath to keep it warm.
    In a similar vein, programmes like Grand Designs where they basically repeat the original show and then have five minutes at the end of Kevin whatshisface going back to see how the house is doing five years later. Cheap filler and the barest minimum of new content.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  14. #13
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,908
    Gove, every time I see his puss on the telly I want to break things. Slimy wee toad of a man.

  15. #14
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    38,269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Any time that sometime replies to a statement or answers a question when they've completely missed the point. This happens a lot in football punditry.

    Q - that winning goal had more than a hint of offside about it but was the full back playing everyone on when the ball was played?

    A - the rules are so clear now that level means onside and the striker is definitely interfering with play.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,376
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a similar vein, programmes like Grand Designs where they basically repeat the original show and then have five minutes at the end of Kevin whatshisface going back to see how the house is doing five years later. Cheap filler and the barest minimum of new content.

    The same with Homes Under the Hammer, repeat the same bit as a reminder, what bloody reminder wee just seen it 15 minutes ago, what kind of memory do you think we have?

  17. #16
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any time that sometime replies to a statement or answers a question when they've completely missed the point. This happens a lot in football punditry.

    Q - that winning goal had more than a hint of offside about it but was the full back playing everyone on when the ball was played?

    A - the rules are so clear now that level means onside and the striker is definitely interfering with play.
    Apparently this is down to the very brief media "training" a lot of these pundits (or similar) receive. They're basically told to decide in advance what they want to say about any given subject and roll that out regardless of the question, safe in the knowledge that most folk won't even notice they haven't answered the question.

    I find it infuriating too, particularly when the question is one I'd actually like some "professional" insight in relation to, rather than the clichéd questions that some presenters rely on. It's got to the point where I'll judge by the presenter and the panel whether it's worth watching the HT/FT analysis.

  18. #17
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,000
    It's around this time of year I hate travelling on buses through the town. People standing waiting until the bus comes before getting on and raking through their bag looking for change or their bus pass. Have it ready ffs. Had about 4 or 5 Americans getting on the 42 the other day. Fair came to £10.40. They only had a £10 note and £1 coin and asked if anyone had change of 40p for the sake of losing 60p. I was seething inside.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's around this time of year I hate travelling on buses through the town. People standing waiting until the bus comes before getting on and raking through their bag looking for change or their bus pass. Have it ready ffs. Had about 4 or 5 Americans getting on the 42 the other day. Fair came to £10.40. They only had a £10 note and £1 coin and asked if anyone had change of 40p for the sake of losing 60p. I was seething inside.
    You could have lessened your seethe by donating 40p 😁 and gained praise for your kindly gesture.

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's around this time of year I hate travelling on buses through the town. People standing waiting until the bus comes before getting on and raking through their bag looking for change or their bus pass. Have it ready ffs. Had about 4 or 5 Americans getting on the 42 the other day. Fair came to £10.40. They only had a £10 note and £1 coin and asked if anyone had change of 40p for the sake of losing 60p. I was seething inside.
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.

    Not everyone owns contactless payment methods.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  22. #21
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,420
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.
    Can't you? I very rarely get a bus but sure I read contactless and smart device payments were now a thing

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't you? I very rarely get a bus but sure I read contactless and smart device payments were now a thing
    Only on the Airlink and Skylink buses.

    There was an announcement last year it was going to be rolled out but it's been radio silence since.

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not everyone owns contactless payment methods.
    They could still use cash.

    It just seems mental in the 21st century as we become and increasingly cashless society our local bus service has no contactless facilities available or even a top up system similar to the Oyster card.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could still use cash.

    It just seems mental in the 21st century as we become and increasingly cashless society our local bus service has no contactless facilities available or even a top up system similar to the Oyster card.
    There's the m-tickets app that would help out. Although I agree with your point - it should be more like London, tap your card as you go.
    Mon the Hibs.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Silent Boatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could still use cash.

    It just seems mental in the 21st century as we become and increasingly cashless society our local bus service has no contactless facilities available or even a top up system similar to the Oyster card.
    There is a top up system similar to Oyster for Lothian Buses, Citysmart Card I use it, always handy in my wallet for the odd bus.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bigger source of rage for me is why our 'integrated' Transport For Edinburgh infrastructure doesn't accept contactless payments. 'Exact change only' seems ridiculously antiquated.
    I agree with you but the m-tickets app is worth a look. Not as easy as contactless but you don't have to worry about having change

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    13,523
    I’m developing an irrational rage about the way Professor Brian Cox says the word kilometre. I’ve recorded his new show The Planets and it’s getting to the stage that I miss a lot of what he’s saying because I’m thinking why he keeps pronouncing it that way.

    United we stand here....

  29. #28
    First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,004
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    As a former waiter, I get a bit of a rage when watching something like Masterchef when they're cooking for finalists/critics etc and they only carry 2 plates through then come back for the third! A 3 plate carry is not difficult! You're on the clock and this would save you some time arsing about

    Totally irrational as the wife keeps telling me but I can't help it!

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    72
    Posts
    16,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's the m-tickets app that would help out. Although I agree with your point - it should be more like London, tap your card as you go.
    I’m going to London this weekend and was reading up on using ‘contactless’ on transport etc. I was a bit cheesed off as my ‘contactless’ card has started playing up this week. However, after a bit of ‘googling’ I’ve discovered that ‘Apple pay’ by IPhone is acceptable down there. Problem solved.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's the m-tickets app that would help out. Although I agree with your point - it should be more like London, tap your card as you go.
    The trouble is the m-tickets app is absolutely piss poor. The m-tickets app is one of my rages. It takes an age to activate a ticket so if you wait until you get on the bus you get an evil stare from the driver and the people behind you. If you activate it as the bus is approaching and are getting on a Bridges bound bus at Elm Row in the morning, you run the risk of not getting on the bus because it is full of students and school trips!

    That’s another rage of mine. Not getting on the bus when it is “full”. The amount of times it happens where let’s say 6 people get off the bus but the driver only allows 4 people on is unreal. Recently there were 3 of us at the stop arguing with the driver who said the bus was full... we could clearly see at least 5 empty seats with only 3 people standing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved