Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
The trouble is the m-tickets app is absolutely piss poor. The m-tickets app is one of my rages. It takes an age to activate a ticket so if you wait until you get on the bus you get an evil stare from the driver and the people behind you. If you activate it as the bus is approaching and are getting on a Bridges bound bus at Elm Row in the morning, you run the risk of not getting on the bus because it is full of students and school trips!

That’s another rage of mine. Not getting on the bus when it is “full”. The amount of times it happens where let’s say 6 people get off the bus but the driver only allows 4 people on is unreal. Recently there were 3 of us at the stop arguing with the driver who said the bus was full... we could clearly see at least 5 empty seats with only 3 people standing.
Can't say I have much issue with the m-tickets app. It's a bit on the basic looking side for what should be the capital's flagship public transport app but it has functioned appropriately 99% of the time for me. Had 1 hiccup once when my phone had rain water on it and wasn't opening the app as I ran to the bus. The driver just let me on though. Eventually got it working and activated a ticket out of guilt.

Although I got on a tram recently the same way as I do buses and then realised you're meant to scan the tram stop QR code before getting on the tram.