hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Hecky is going to be linked with lots of jobs in England, we’ll have to get used it. I would rather have someone in demand leading our club opposed to a has been.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've always found Hibs managers are sounded out far quicker than their Hearts or Aberdeen counterparts. Off the top of my head I remember us losing McLeish, Mowbray and Stubbs over the years. McInness has been at the sheep for years after impressive league positions (i know he's turned down a couple of jobs) and can only remember Jefferies leaving Hearts for Bradford. Always found it slightly annoying as soon as we do reasonably well our managers are linked to everyone. Heckys barely in the door.
    Last edited by Since452; 13-06-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Bear in mind why Hull's last manager left.

Bu... bu... but The Rangers and Celtic aren’t playing us this week !!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always found Hibs managers are sounded out far quicker than their Hearts or Aberdeen counterparts. Off the top of my head I remember us losing McLeish, Mowbray and Stubbs over the years. McInness has been at the sheep for years (i know he's turned down a couple of jobs) and can only remember Jefferies leaving Hearts for Bradford. Always found it slightly annoying as soon as we do reasonably well our managers are linked to everyone.
    Mr Moneyspinner jumped ship from hertz for the mighty MK Dons. Mcinness seems to be the exception, if successful they jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Mr Moneyspinner jumped ship from hertz for the mighty MK Dons. Mcinness seems to be the exception, if successful they jump ship.
    True. Forgot about him. Potter to Leicester too

managers are lucky to even get 18 months now. even at the two exceptions to that rule, Manchester United and arsenal, that's no longer the case.

would you turn down a pay rise and a refresher to that 18 month contract if you were 8 to 12 months in? it's a percentage game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Can’t say I’d be too bothered if he left.

He’s never going to be with us longish term so if he wants to go now then fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Can’t say I’d be too bothered if he left.

He’s never going to be with us longish term so if he wants to go now then fine.
    He’s not saying he wants to go. It’s run of the mill paper talk which will likely come to nothing. As I said in an earlier thread, we deserve a settled period with a decent manager and not yet another untimely, unsettling disruption taking us back to square one just before the build up to a new season.

Think Heckingbottom is too clever to leave already.

Going by his interviews since he’s got the job and for the period he was unemployed, he speaks a lot about self reflection and looking for the exact job that is right for him. Every detail was right for us and that’s why he took it, he also said he thinks that’s why things went wrong at Leeds as he went without properly looking into it.

Being however long out the game also highlights he won’t just take a job for the sake of it or for money.

With us he has his enthusiasm back and seems to be loving life here. He’s got off to a good start with transfers too being able to sign two players of the calibre he wanted before pre season has began.

Can’t believe the criticism he is getting too, we were rank before he came in and he managed to get us some very good results and finish 5th (which seemed impossible).

I’m very excited to see us next season.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I was actually worried about a Butcheresque type slide to the playoffs. We were in that kind of form. The transformation was remarkable.
    The football, man management and feel about the club in the last 2-3 months of Lennons reign was every bit as bad as Terry Butchers. Freak result against Celtic aside, we were awful and his public treatment of certain players was absolutely howling.

5th was an utter miracle.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

No danger he'd even entertain the idea about joining Hull. He spoke a lot about picking the right club after getting binned early with Leeds.Hulls owners don't exactly have the best reputation.

I have no doubt he will want to go back down south at some point in his career but I believe he's smart enough to pick the right moment. Hopefully after he has been a success here and his reputation fully recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Is this a serious post?😂

He's posted the same thing a few times already, so I presume he's serious.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Hecky is going to be linked with lots of jobs in England, we’ll have to get used it. I would rather have someone in demand leading our club opposed to a has been.
    I agree with this

Left by mutual consent!
    And still no-one's in for Gerard !

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Houlier?

Hull Daily Mail quoting a long list of targets with the only mention of PH “the Scottish Sun reports”...
    He can’t have had many offers in the seven months he was out of work after leaving Leeds, otherwise we wouldn’t have got him and taking Hibs from 8th to 5th isn’t going to excite too many English Championship chairmen.
    I smell BS.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Hull Daily Mail quoting a long list of targets with the only mention of PH “the Scottish Sun reports”...
    He can’t have had many offers in the seven months he was out of work after leaving Leeds, otherwise we wouldn’t have got him and taking Hibs from 8th to 5th isn’t going to excite too many English Championship chairmen.
    I smell BS.
    I read this as an attempt to unsettle because I think Rangers are worried about other clubs in-and-around them. Hibs seem to be the common target though, any player or manager that does mediocre at Hibs is sought after according to the "media". I think Hecky could do a great job at Hibs but let's be honest he hasn't done anything yet. Even when you objectively look at the good run we had - there were a lot of games where we were fortunate to get the 3 points. Many hard working games but very few games where we had control and bossed the other team. You can see he has good tactical knowledge, can set out a team and influence the match with subs but I think against some teams we've been far too negative/structured when we should attack with more freedom especially with only 1 upfront. After our good run we became a bit of a hoofball team tbh. Hecky seems to know this though, hence midfield restructuring.

Hope we see a good season (minimum) out of Hecky. Never understood the urgency with managers to leave something good - look at Stubbs' managerial career after he left Hibs...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I read this as an attempt to unsettle because I think Rangers are worried about other clubs in-and-around them. Hibs seem to be the common target though, any player or manager that does mediocre at Hibs is sought after according to the "media". I think Hecky could do a great job at Hibs but let's be honest he hasn't done anything yet. Even when you objectively look at the good run we had - there were a lot of games where we were fortunate to get the 3 points. Many hard working games but very few games where we had control and bossed the other team. You can see he has good tactical knowledge, can set out a team and influence the match with subs but I think against some teams we've been far too negative/structured when we should attack with more freedom especially with only 1 upfront. After our good run we became a bit of a hoofball team tbh. Hecky seems to know this though, hence midfield restructuring.

Hope we see a good season (minimum) out of Hecky. Never understood the urgency with managers to leave something good - look at Stubbs' managerial career after he left Hibs...

Maybe the huns are still pissed off about us getting Scott Allan.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Liverpool don’t need a new cone operator yet.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624
    On the face of it quite a strange appointment

Hulls new kit alone would put me off going there. Hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom.
    True!

You never read "So-and-so in for Levein."

Left by mutual consent!
    He doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere speaking about building plans this year and next, also Flo’ isn’t for sale.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ijek-interest/

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Sarri has left Chelsea for Juventus, the heck will now be linked with the london club

Seems Appleton is favourite for the job at Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Seems Appleton is favourite for the job at Hull
    Hopefully for him Hull have a good severance package on offer

He'll be linked with the Charlton job now Bowyers not accepted to stay on

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Why not? Our head of communications came from one of them. Not that I think it’s linked. Scottish suns editor is a hibs fan also.

I could be wrong, but I always thought that KM came from the SFA ?