hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Can we change this thread title to “Hull linked with Heckingbottom”

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Whether Hull have approached or not it must be being banded about by his agent he is keen to get back down south as soon as he can?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Mark Atkinson EEN just tweeted that due to his record he will be linked with lots of Championship roles - however he is happy here and working hard on pre-season

https://twitter.com/monsieuratko/sta...728937985?s=19

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whether Hull have approached or not it must be being banded about by his agent he is keen to get back down south as soon as he can?
    Or just an agent doing the job he's presumably very well paid for. Whether we like it or not our manager's (and players) agents will all be touting their clients at every possible chance. Its just the way it goes.

Journo to Hull Recruitment/Chairman: "you're looking for a new manager, PH is doing a great job at Hibs, would you be looking at him?"

Hull Rep: "Yes we probably will, amongst many others"

Headline: ..........."Hull in for PH"

As long as he's doing reasonably well he'll be linked with every northern managerless club from the Championship down at least. Maybe some Prem and Southern clubs also.

We'd better get used to this and remember that it's not what's in the headline that matters, rather what's not.

If it said Hull to hold talks after many interviews I'd be worried.

3rd at chrimbo and he's gone and we are back where we were last january.

Fickle old game this one. get a good manager in he's gone in 6months a year. Mediocre manager stick around 2 years has a " faze" then sacked.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom. I think we were so distracted by the likelihood of Appleton that we didn't appreciate at the time that we've got a really highly regarded manager with modern methods on our hands.

I think he'll hang around for at least one full season IMO as he had his fingers burned at Leeds and he needs to make sure that the job he does now is as good as Barnsley and I don't think he'll jump ship without extremely careful consideration first.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    3rd at chrimbo and he's gone and we are back where we were last january.

Fickle old game this one. get a good manager in he's gone in 6months a year. Mediocre manager stick around 2 years has a " faze" then sacked.
    I know which of these situations I would prefer.

If he gets some decent work done this summer, he shuffles off with us 3rd in December and the rest of the club stays the same, I'd trust the club to replace him adequately.

He's not the messiah. He's the head coach.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom. I think we were so distracted by the likelihood of Appleton that we didn't appreciate at the time that we've got a really highly regarded manager with modern methods on our hands.

I think he'll hang around for at least one full season IMO as he had his fingers burned at Leeds and he needs to make sure that the job he does now is as good as Barnsley and I don't think he'll jump ship without extremely careful consideration first.

I don't agree with this - yet.

We finished fifth under PH. We had a good initial run and then not great after the split. The signs so far are good but the jury is definitely out in terms of both style of play and achievement.

He will be one of a pack of people seen as possibilities for these kinds of jobs - clearly they can't all get those jobs and of those that do only a limited number will be successful.

It's way too early so say that getting him has been either a coup or a mistake.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    Or just an agent doing the job he's presumably very well paid for. Whether we like it or not our manager's (and players) agents will all be touting their clients at every possible chance. Its just the way it goes.
    You think a manager would be happy to be touted about clubs by his agent “doing his job” when it could potentially scupper transfer dealings at this time of the year or unsettle this current squad at other times of the season questioning his commitment? I would presume he’s raging at his agent putting distractions in place while he’s trying to build a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Why not? Our head of communications came from one of them. Not that I think it’s linked. Scottish suns editor is a hibs fan also.
    And posts here

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Both he and Appleton are 6/1 with skybet. Both have the same agent.
    It is their agent as source

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Not at all convinced by the boy or the calibre of his first two signings

No problem at all if he goes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Not at all convinced by the boy or the calibre of his first two signings

No problem at all if he goes.
    Is this a serious post?😂

Testimonial Due
    You think a manager would be happy to be touted about clubs by his agent “doing his job” when it could potentially scupper transfer dealings at this time of the year or unsettle this current squad at other times of the season questioning his commitment? I would presume he’s raging at his agent putting distractions in place while he’s trying to build a squad.
    It would only scupper deals for the club he'd be leaving though. If a manager was given a job say doubling his wages, he would no doubt be given a transfer fund dwarfing his previous clubs budget and most likely wouldn't give a ***** about what he was previously trying to build.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Is this a serious post?😂

He keeps on saying it so he must believe it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    It would only scupper deals for the club he'd be leaving though. If a manager was given a job say doubling his wages, he would no doubt be given a transfer fund dwarfing his previous clubs budget and most likely wouldn't give a ***** about what he was previously trying to build.
    It would place a bit of doubt in the mind of any player the manager was trying to sell the club to. Imo I don’t think he will be happy to be linked with these clubs if happy right now here and wouldn’t be advising his agent to get him linked.

As for the second part, he took a risk with basket case Leeds for all the benefits you explain, he got his fingers burnt and came out of it looking slightly unloyal to Barnsley. I highly doubt he will do the same 6 months in to go to Hull, who’s manager just walked out on.

Testimonial Due
    It would place a bit of doubt in the mind of any player the manager was trying to sell the club to. Imo I don’t think he will be happy to be linked with these clubs if happy right now here and wouldn’t be advising his agent to get him linked.

As for the second part, he took a risk with basket case Leeds for all the benefits you explain, he got his fingers burnt and came out of it looking slightly unloyal to Barnsley. I highly doubt he will do the same 6 months in to go to Hull, who’s manager just walked out on.
    I'm not sure that players are generally that bothered who the manager may be. There will be exceptions of course, but these guys get brought in on 2/3/4 year deals and regularly out last the manager that brought them in.look at McNulty & Omeonga last season, didnt seem to put any doubt in their performances that Lennon left before their deals where even finalised.

Anyway, I actually agree with you on the 2nd part. He seems an honest man who has had a bad experience in the past moving to a big club and I do feel he won't jump ship straight away. As I previously mentioned he's had a chance already to do this and didnt & I'd hope that he takes the same stance here if there is any truth to the Hull rumour.if he does though, so be it. We will survive.

Testimonial Due
    As soon as any manager or player comes up with an unexpected performance, they are put straight into the shop window!
    When Heckie arrived we were on the fall in the division, he pulled us right up to 5th, so its only to be expected that others will be looking at his methods!!!!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Hope Hecky comes out and dedicated his near future to the hibees

I wish the season would start!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I don't agree with this - yet.

We finished fifth under PH. We had a good initial run and then not great after the split. The signs so far are good but the jury is definitely out in terms of both style of play and achievement.

He will be one of a pack of people seen as possibilities for these kinds of jobs - clearly they can't all get those jobs and of those that do only a limited number will be successful.

It's way too early so say that getting him has been either a coup or a mistake.
    Top six looked beyond us when he took over. Fifth was a fantastic achievement with a demoralised, thin squad.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

EEN knew what they were doing with the headline of "Heckingbottom leaving Hibs for Hull City.... would be premature". Very naughty.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    That would mean absolutely nothing i'm afraid. Remember Judas McLeish?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    I'd rather he continued to focus on getting the squad together for the new season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Top six looked beyond us when he took over. Fifth was a fantastic achievement with a demoralised, thin squad.
    Definitely. Must have made us a few £ too.

Hull chairman saying he is willing to pay compensation for their new manager linked with rotherhams Paul warne hope hecky stays

I was actually worried about a Butcheresque type slide to the playoffs. We were in that kind of form. The transformation was remarkable.

What division are Hull in?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    What division are Hull in?
    Championship. Finished 13th last season.

Do you get Google?

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Championship. Finished 13th last season.

Do you get Google?
    Ach it can be confusing right enough - I googled Hull and got this along with something about leagues under the sea.......

Hull.jpg

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That's fair enough, it's all about opinions.

I'd rather wait to see how he gets on with his own signings and a full season under his belt before writing him off.
    There’s a difference between an opinion and a pile of unsubstantiated nonsense.