hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My ideal posted earlier in the thread is to take applications for the standing area, then give the people who’d have to be moved out either first choice in the standing section or first pick of the free seats in the stadium.

Simple enough no?

I'll go with 'it sounds simple in theory but not properly thought through'.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'll go with 'it sounds simple in theory but not properly thought through'.
    Do share.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Do share.
    Say we go in the FFL and I get moved out together with my two sons because they won't be able to see the game due to people standing.

We then need to rehouse three seats. What if there isn't three seats together anywhere? Then imagine a similar situation, but for groups bigger than mine.

I don't want to move particularly, but would reluctantly do so if this was to ever come about. I suspect thought that those who have been in their seats since the stand was built may feel differently. Annoying long standing () season ticket holders probably isn't a good move.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Say we go in the FFL and I get moved out together with my two sons because they won't be able to see the game due to people standing.

We then need to rehouse three seats. What if there isn't three seats together anywhere? Then imagine a similar situation, but for groups bigger than mine.

I don't want to move particularly, but would reluctantly do so if this was to ever come about. I suspect thought that those who have been in their seats since the stand was built may feel differently. Annoying long standing () season ticket holders probably isn't a good move.
    So you’d get first pick of all the available seats, as well as all the seats vacated by people moving into the FFL - a capacity of what, 2000? - and still retain the discount afforded to the kids regardless of where the seats are.

There are, give or take, 16,500 season ticket seats in the home end of the ground (if we restructured the system we’d have even more category B season tickets but that another issue) - with 13,000 or so of those occupied leaving 3000. Say 500 people choose to stay in the FFL and 1500 decide to relocate there that gives you a total of 4500. That’s probably being generous actually as there’s no chance all of the seats in the FFL are sold.

The numbers are rough but that’s the main idea. Maybe a wee sweetener by giving a discount voucher for the club shop too?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    My local team have standing behind the goals (though partially with seats which noone uses really) and seated stand on one side, have had season tickets for over 10 years and just 2 of those in the stand, even then we moved sometimes to behind the goals to stand and that's where we'll stay. Its not as good a view but theres a better atmosphere and it just feels better standing (though we get beer too).

All seated stadiums I'm sure was on the back of the well known tragedy, discussed on another thread, but to me it has went too extreme, the atmosphere and fan experience bumped in the process.
    ER is big enough to cater for all fans and some safe standing I'm sure would prove very popular and always sell out. Need it cost that much to do (?)
    It was deliberately too extreme. The Taylor Report used the tragedy of Hillsborough as an attempt to eradicate the working class culture from football for good. There has been a massive shift towards the 'family friendly' football day out. It's no coincidence, it started from there.

Get the loudest most vociferous fans in behind the away goalie. Not tucked away up in a corner. Right in behind him. Roar the team to the goal. Genuinely think we’d see results improve as a result.

St Mirren fans showed on Tuesday you don’t need many to many a noise.

I think the answer is to keep 2 or 3 blocks of FF lower seating.

The other 2 /3 closest lower sections closest to the East make safe standing to start with.

This should mean the FF looks more full as current ST holders move to other seats or other areas of the ground - including Upper where section is currently located. Would save having to relocate everyone.

Before you say family section with singing section...it’s pretty much like that as it is.

I would just give them south lower or even wear lower as family friendly.

The noise should stay within the stadium and would mean less disruption for all.

The atmosphere is crap at ER and it’s not because people aren’t trying it’s just a poor set up for those who want to improve it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Do they even need this?

Their support is rubbish.

Don't understand this one. Not as if it's cheap either.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk