hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Put it in one or more of the corners.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put it in one or more of the corners.
    Spot on! Corner between the FF and East.

Forget it, it will never happen at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    I see it as a one off donation to form a safe standing section at easter road and it would guarantee a seat within the section for a year (or as noted before, maybe 2 or 3 as further incentive). Beyond that it would be mines to give up season on season, just like the current scheme.

Assuming hibs wont look at a non fan funded section being installed, it would be interesting to know how many others would pay a bit extra to have an initial section formed.

How that then is further developed would depend on the success of it. I suppose if it didnt work out well then hibs would be stuck with them but i think the seats can be locked and function similar to the current ones.

Lots of people have noted they would like to see a safe standing section installed. If hibs were to do this using their own funding, how would it be decided who gets a season ticket within it?
    Not sure I'm following the theory of guaranteeing a seat in a safe standing section? Isn't the point of safe standing that capacity can be slightly increased too? i.e. surely you can get more in standing than one person per seat. Anyone know how Celtic work it?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    I think it's safe to say the bottom of the Famous 5 isn't an option for this.

In light of that, I'd like to see the bottom section of the East (the 4-5 rows down towards the pitch below entry level) put forward as a viable area to trial Rail Seating. No idea of how many seats would be in that section from top to bottom but I'd imagine 500+ ?
    Why not? Just because it's the family section? Things can change. Back in my day the family 'enclosure' as it was then called was in what is now the West Lower.

Given the number of empty seats in that FF Lower each week, there is surely scope for some of those seats to go / be relocated elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Why not? Just because it's the family section? Things can change. Back in my day the family 'enclosure' as it was then called was in what is now the West Lower.

Given the number of empty seats in that FF Lower each week, there is surely scope for some of those seats to go / be relocated elsewhere.
    Hibs are getting lots of grief at the moment for moving season ticket holders from that section.

Imagine the reaction if they were to pull the same stunt again, but with a view of installing rail seating? They would be displacing kids and families too. It simply won’t happen in my opinion, not a chance Hibs will invite that situation once more.

The board have made their choice that the FF lower will remain the family section. We would be best accepting that fact as it’s not gonna change now

First Team Regular
    I'd pay extra. Not fussed where it is. Anything which might improve ER's dwindling atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Should be bottom of the East, full length of the stand. All this ‘too steep’ nonsense is health and safety gone mental.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

I don't know why Hibs dont run a survey with the fans reps involvement about what we want in the stadium. Every year we have a thread on here about the FF lower being safe standing or a singing section. It seems the vast majority on .net would welcome that with family section relocated to the west stand. It would be interesting to hear what 17k odd think. Seems, like others have said, the club have no interest in changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't know why Hibs dont run a survey with the fans reps involvement about what we want in the stadium. Every year we have a thread on here about the FF lower being safe standing or a singing section. It seems the vast majority on .net would welcome that with family section relocated to the west stand. It would be interesting to hear what 17k odd think. Seems, like others have said, the club have no interest in changing it.
    The majority of hibs.net ? Where do the majority of hibs.net sit ? Bet ye the majority don't sit in the FF lower, nice to know that folk who sit elsewhere in the ground are happy to make arrangements to shift the folk that do sit there, thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Should be bottom of the East, full length of the stand. All this ‘too steep’ nonsense is health and safety gone mental.
    That’s the most viable option in my opinion. Could even do it section by section as demand rises.

Full length of East Lower or FF lower middle sections.

Hibs need to get with the times !

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Full length of East Lower or FF lower middle sections.

Hibs need to get with the times !
    How will those seated behind any safe standing area be able to see the action? I don't mean just in the row behind but for a large chunk of seats behind a standing section? Any standing section would need to be the full height, front to back of a section, and to allow those seated to be able to see it would have to be an end section, like where the singing section is currently accommodated.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There is only one place it can go, and thats the bottom tier of the FF. You cant have the first few rows of the east done, what will those who sit behind them do to watch the match, look at the new screens we'd have to build so they can see the match too?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    There is only one place it can go, and thats the bottom tier of the FF. You cant have the first few rows of the east done, what will those who sit behind them do to watch the match, look at the new screens we'd have to build so they can see the match too?

Testimonial Due
    It could go in one of the end blocks of the east?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    It could go in one of the end blocks of the east?
    What do those who sit behind them do to watch the game?

As suggested 15 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    How will those seated behind any safe standing area be able to see the action? I don't mean just in the row behind but for a large chunk of seats behind a standing section? Any standing section would need to be the full height, front to back of a section, and to allow those seated to be able to see it would have to be an end section, like where the singing section is currently accommodated.

As suggested 15 minutes ago.
    Ah, never saw that. While that would stop anyone missing the match, it has the same problems as we do now, where nobody can hear them and puts us at a disadvantage atmosphere wise with the opposition being heard much more with less numbers in a better place, IE right behind the goals.

First Team Breakthrough
    I kinda knocked football on the head when the terracing went. For me, the atmosphere went from game. Took me a while to get the bug again. Imagine you’re a young teen and going to a game, all singing, standing section... you’d be hooked, even in the rain down the front. Compare it with sitting shivering in a damp squib of a game.
    Also imagine you’re a prospective signing watching clips from games and our striker scores a goal in front of our half empty lower FF stand. What’s he going to think? Now if that stand was packed with Safe Standing, colour and noise and the ball hits the net.., maybe it’ll be “I’ll have some of that”

It reaches into the psyche of players too

Ah, never saw that. While that would stop anyone missing the match, it has the same problems as we do now, where nobody can hear them and puts us at a disadvantage atmosphere wise with the opposition being heard much more with less numbers in a better place, IE right behind the goals.
    Section 37 in the East would be a reasonable place for it, singing would be heard in most parts of the ground due to the walls to the side and back. The only part of the ground that would struggle to hear any singing would be the FF.

Edit: Also there are likely to be less season ticket holders to inconvenience in the end sections. If that section was the singing section and safe standing I would suggest a general season ticket for that section, so you can stand with your mates, move around in the section with seats allocated only for European games.
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 13-06-2019 at 08:26 AM. Reason: season tickets

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The bottom sections of every section in the east is separated from the rest by a walkway where the entrances are. Making the bottom of some sections standing would work without effecting those behind.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Section 37 in the East would be a reasonable place for it, singing would be heard in most parts of the ground due to the walls to the side and back. The only part of the ground that would struggle to hear any singing would be the FF.

Edit: Also there are likely to be less season ticket holders to inconvenience in the end sections. If that section was the singing section and safe standing I would suggest a general season ticket for that section, so you can stand with your mates, move around in the section with seats allocated only for European games.
    I disagree, we are continually out sung by a few hundred supporters from the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock, all down to where they are situated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    The bottom sections of every section in the east is separated from the rest by a walkway where the entrances are. Making the bottom of some sections standing would work without effecting those behind.
    Aye thats true, completely forgot about that, although we again have the problem of moving folk and it not being in a place that optimises the acoustics.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    No, it wouldn't. At very least, the first row wouldn't be able to see, and possibly more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Not sure I'm following the theory of guaranteeing a seat in a safe standing section? Isn't the point of safe standing that capacity can be slightly increased too? i.e. surely you can get more in standing than one person per seat. Anyone know how Celtic work it?
    I think that essentially the current seats get replaced with a seat which can be folded up and locked. These seats also have a rail which acts as a barrier for the person behind. Capacity remains identical and ticketing would work exactly as it does now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Refvik View Post
    No, it wouldn't. At very least, the first row wouldn't be able to see, and possibly more.

i'd think it would be the first 3 rows that wouldn't see,it could only really be sect 37/38/39 as well which would look kinda stupid even if it was the full length, and where would the disabled fans be moved to, ain't gonna happen..imo

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    The majority of hibs.net ? Where do the majority of hibs.net sit ? Bet ye the majority don't sit in the FF lower, nice to know that folk who sit elsewhere in the ground are happy to make arrangements to shift the folk that do sit there, thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.
    Just going by what I've read on here over the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Just going by what I've read on here over the last few years
    Fair enough mate, like I said, the club have made their decision on what happens/is happening to the FF lower and for the time being at least, Im happy to remain where I am.

Testimonial Due
    There wouldn't be anyone sitting behind them if it was a whole block?

Might be an issue with sight lines to corner for seated people in the next block along right enough

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    I kinda knocked football on the head when the terracing went. For me, the atmosphere went from game. Took me a while to get the bug again. Imagine you’re a young teen and going to a game, all singing, standing section... you’d be hooked, even in the rain down the front. Compare it with sitting shivering in a damp squib of a game.
    Also imagine you’re a prospective signing watching clips from games and our striker scores a goal in front of our half empty lower FF stand. What’s he going to think? Now if that stand was packed with Safe Standing, colour and noise and the ball hits the net.., maybe it’ll be “I’ll have some of that”

It reaches into the psyche of players too
    very important point. The FF lower is the section of the ground seen most on TV and sells an image and perception of the club to others.

There's no need to over complicate things by having random sections of the east with rail seating. If it is going to be done then just do entire FF lower.

Putting bench seating in the Old Cowshed in 1970s was a terrible move for the atmosphere of Easter Road with that end half empty most weeks after that. We should return to the days of a vociferous behind the goals support helping the ball into the net when we are attacking that end.