hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FOH have a different setup. One of their stated purposes from the outset was to provide working capital for the club without any specification on how it would be spent - that's not the case with HSL. As Oscar says, it would probably need overwhelming approval from the members.

I don't want to see HSL getting a hard time for something they can't do - I think the approach outlined by Pretty Boy is the way to go.
    It would need overwhelming approval and that’s not going to happen unless the role of HSL is forced to change with a change of ownership of the club.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It would need overwhelming approval and that’s not going to happen unless the role of HSL is forced to change with a change of ownership of the club.
    HSL and their new fellow shareholders would have to come to some agreement about the future role of HSL. That would almost certainly be done before any sale of shares was finalised. That's one of many reasons why I'm extremely sceptical about the rumoured sale of (a majority shareholding in) the club.

Sections 43, 44 and 45 could all be made safe standing. People stand here a lot of the time anyway. I think our support is big enough to justify a section that big.

Just spotted an update from kfc.. looking for volunteers

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/safe-standing-update/

Are there any plans for Hibs to introduce this?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Unless it's in Ron's big plan that's still to be announced then no, not at this time.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    So glad to hear the safe standing seats are safe!

And I do hope Hibs are looking us... get the FF lower all converted and reap the benefits!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    So glad to hear the safe standing seats are safe!

And I do hope Hibs are looking us... get the FF lower all converted and reap the benefits!
    Maybes a wee roof over the FFL and bring back the Cow Shed! 😁

Going by Killie's figures 2000 rail seats in the FF lower would cost just shy of £250,000 .... Considering the relative size of the two clubs if Killie can find and justify £40,000 for their project I seriously cant see why Hibs cant do the same. I am and always have been convinced that such a move would transform the atmosphere at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Maybes a wee roof over the FFL and bring back the Cow Shed! 😁

Would be a nostalgic move, but the problem is that such structures keep the noise inside. Sounds great if you’re part of it, but to the rest of the ground it’s just a muffled din!

I do believe that safe standing FF lower and a singing section in the East would benefit the atmosphere and turn ER into a fortress.

The South Stand will not happen. This would cause disruption all round with the entire family stand having to be relocated. To where?

Is there enough demand for standing to justify a full stand?

A better solution is to fill in the FF/East corner and install safe standing rails. No one disrupted and a test on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Going by Killie's figures 2000 rail seats in the FF lower would cost just shy of £250,000 .... Considering the relative size of the two clubs if Killie can find and justify £40,000 for their project I seriously cant see why Hibs cant do the same. I am and always have been convinced that such a move would transform the atmosphere at Easter Road.

Good post.. but it would cost a lot of money...

Was the new east stand built with this in mind !!! seem to remember something about the possibility but i can't find it..

and - if fans were willing to pay for their seat to be converted then i think it's a good idea.. I hated sitting on my erse..

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I would have thought that the easiest solution is the south end of the East Stand starting from the back.

Would those that want it be willing to pay some of the additional cost in the first few years? Say an extra £50.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The South Stand will not happen. This would cause disruption all round with the entire family stand having to be relocated. To where?

Is there enough demand for standing to justify a full stand?

A better solution is to fill in the FF/East corner and install safe standing rails. No one disrupted and a test on demand.
    And yet the ff lower is half empty the majority of the time, if there was such a demand for a family section why isn’t it rammed or at least 80/90% full?

Sometimes these things have to happen for the long term benefits. Give all the concessions free season tickets for a year as a goodwill gesture.

If it doesn’t work they get first dibs on relocating back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    And yet the ff lower is half empty the majority of the time, if there was such a demand for a family section why isn’t it rammed or at least 80/90% full?

Sometimes these things have to happen for the long term benefits. Give all the concessions free season tickets for a year as a goodwill gesture.

You haven’t said where the 2,000 (or so) season ticket holders from the FF Lower are going to be relocated to.

No way will the club spend huge sums and piss-off large numbers of season ticket holders to satisfy a few obsessives.

You haven’t said where the 2,000 (or so) season ticket holders from the FF Lower are going to be relocated to.

No way will the club spend huge sums and piss-off large numbers of season ticket holders to satisfy a few obsessives.
    A few obsessives, care to expand?

Personally, I’m not overly fussed about safe standing.

Im sure it would be good when the stadium is full etc but i wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money on it as I think we have a very good stadium.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Thought as a support we’d had our fill of infrastructure and wanted to concentrate on sporting excellence.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Take applications for the safe standing zone, free up the season ticket spots and give them first pick of the newly available seats all over the stadium.

I really struggle to believe there are 2000 season tickets in the FF lower.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Would be a nostalgic move, but the problem is that such structures keep the noise inside. Sounds great if you’re part of it, but to the rest of the ground it’s just a muffled din!

I do believe that safe standing FF lower and a singing section in the East would benefit the atmosphere and turn ER into a fortress.
    Agree

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I’m all for safe standing and hope Hibs introduce this for next season. I’d happily chip in if it had to be fan funded.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

FF Lower isn’t working as intended in its current form and looks bad on TV. Likewise the singing section doesn’t work well in FF Upper. I know people would be inconvenienced by being asked to move but change is needed.

IMO the genteel West is the best place for a family section.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I would have thought that the easiest solution is the south end of the East Stand starting from the back.

Would those that want it be willing to pay some of the additional cost in the first few years? Say an extra £50.
    On the last point I would definitely be willing to contribute extra for a ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibi View Post
    On the last point I would definitely be willing to contribute extra for a ST.
    As much as the £125 per seat its costing Killie?

Mind you, there might be some slight economies of scale if we order 1,000 or so, so the price might come down to closer to something like £110.

I don't see that many people paying that much extra for a season ticket to be honest.

If it was up to me, I'd start with the bottom of the east, section by section. Then if the demand is there, start moving back in each section.

Left by mutual consent!
    Make ff lowersafe standing, open up to all with no allocated seat...family folk can still stay there, waens will love being part of it...

Should be in the East in the section just south of the halfway line. Probably won’t happen because of the recent pitch invasions, thrown missiles and racial abuse though as standing areas seem to be more associated with unacceptable behaviour.

Lower FF or fill in a corner with safe standing and huge TV and scoreboard, the 2nd option is my favoured option 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Should be in the East in the section just south of the halfway line. Probably won’t happen because of the recent pitch invasions, thrown missiles and racial abuse though as standing areas seem to be more associated with unacceptable behaviour.
    Have the club not already said the east is too steep? I might be making that up

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    HSL and their new fellow shareholders would have to come to some agreement about the future role of HSL. That would almost certainly be done before any sale of shares was finalised. That's one of many reasons why I'm extremely sceptical about the rumoured sale of (a majority shareholding in) the club.
    That’s what I thought too!

Just shows how wrong you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Dont we already have some in the disabled areas for the carers to use already in the West and East?