hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Garden Furniture From Pallets

Has anyone done this and added fake grass on top? I’ve just jumped the wall and got 6 pallets from builders i also got some fake grass from lidl (where else!). Just gonna stack 2 up 3 along and cover the top. Was just wondering if anyone had done similar and what would you put between the grass and the wood? (i’m **** at diy the mrs saw it in france and hinted about doing it at home.....brownie points to be gained)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone done this and added fake grass on top? I’ve just jumped the wall and got 6 pallets from builders i also got some fake grass from lidl (where else!). Just gonna stack 2 up 3 along and cover the top. Was just wondering if anyone had done similar and what would you put between the grass and the wood? (i’m **** at diy the mrs saw it in france and hinted about doing it at home.....brownie points to be gained)

Not done what you're describing but recently saw a good use of pallets for creating screens and a "vertical" garden. Basically standing the pallets on their ends and using the gap in between the boards to fit a tray or pots that are planted up with hanging plants that drape down over the sides. Thought it was really clever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Not done what you're describing but recently saw a good use of pallets for creating screens and a "vertical" garden. Basically standing the pallets on their ends and using the gap in between the boards to fit a tray or pots that are planted up with hanging plants that drape down over the sides. Thought it was really clever.
    That does sound cool...Might have to jump the wall again 😅 I’ve loads garden space and a decent sized lawn. Planning to put this behind a space where we have wild flowers growing and still haven’t made up our minds what to do with it....A few over hanging plants might be nice tho.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Recently made a fold away palette bar where the pallete is attached to the fence, fold it down the drinks are inside...poor explanation, link shows what it's simlar to!

https://www.google.com/search?q=pale...5OwFWU8c1Aw6M:
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Recently made a fold away palette bar where the pallete is attached to the fence, fold it down the drinks are inside...poor explanation, link shows what it's simlar to!

https://www.google.com/search?q=pale...5OwFWU8c1Aw6M:

I can just see her face if I popped up one of them...She doesnt drink so 'somewhere to put your tea' might not cut it

Your place sounds like Buckingham Palette.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Your place sounds like Buckingham Palette.
    Doubt they use pallets for their garden furniture 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    If it is furniture you plan to sit on, the artifical grass will stay quite wet after even a wee bit rain. Couuld you cut the pallets up and create a bench tyoe thing, or am i missing the point?

https://www.google.com/search?q=benc...obile&ie=UTF-8

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    We've got pallet seats, tables and loungers on the bar patio of our village football club. Cheap and easy to knock together but low life expectancy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    If it is furniture you plan to sit on, the artifical grass will stay quite wet after even a wee bit rain. Couuld you cut the pallets up and create a bench tyoe thing, or am i missing the point?

https://www.google.com/search?q=benc...obile&ie=UTF-8
    That was the original idea I think but then she showed me a couple of pics & there was no backing...I think she'll just end up doing yoga on it so no back/sides required..Suits me as nice and simple to knock together..Being right on the atlantic coast we do get a fair bit of rain so unsure how much use the will get in the end..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    We've got pallet seats, tables and loungers on the bar patio of our village football club. Cheap and easy to knock together but low life expectancy.
    Yeah if she gets 2 summers out of them she'll be happy enough