hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by BradtheMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi guys, Ian, Rotherham fan here. I like Joe as a player & a guy & I'm sorry he's going but he's given us some wonderful memories & leaves with our good wishes. As a player he's more effective out wide left but can play as a left sided central midfielder. His right foot is for standing on only. His set piece delivery is generally excellent, he has a turn of pace & can beat a man. You won't get much out of him defensively & he couldn't tackle a cooked dinner but that's not what you've recruited him for. I'm sure you have a good aquisition in Joe & he'll do very well in the SPL. All good wishes for the forthcoming season.
    Sorry about stubbsy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    We’ve been crying out for a genuine wide left attacking midfielder for years imo. I like Horgan but he is another who likes to cut inside - useful sometimes but can make our play too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Wonder what Newell would make of Deek's stats at Celtc.
    They were surprisingly good if I recall, goals scored to minutes on pitch was fine He even scored against us.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We’ve been crying out for a genuine wide left attacking midfielder for years imo. I like Horgan but he is another who likes to cut inside - useful sometimes but can make our play too predictable.
    I think Horgan is much more effective on the left than right and he’s capable of going either side which makes us less predictable. He rarely goes past a man on the outside when playing on the right.

Unpredictability is good. Underlapping, overlapping, cutting inside keeps the defence guessing. I'd like to see Scotland do more of it by playing Tierney at LB with Robertson in front of him. They would terrify teams. Fraser on the right.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    They were surprisingly good if I recall, goals scored to minutes on pitch was fine He even scored against us.
    How about his minutes on the pitch versus minutes at the club?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by BradtheMiller View Post
    Hi guys, Ian, Rotherham fan here. I like Joe as a player & a guy & I'm sorry he's going but he's given us some wonderful memories & leaves with our good wishes. As a player he's more effective out wide left but can play as a left sided central midfielder. His right foot is for standing on only. His set piece delivery is generally excellent, he has a turn of pace & can beat a man. You won't get much out of him defensively & he couldn't tackle a cooked dinner but that's not what you've recruited him for. I'm sure you have a good aquisition in Joe & he'll do very well in the SPL. All good wishes for the forthcoming season.
    Cheers mate .. your 'turn of pace' comment is interesting because everything I've read so far suggested he didn't have much pace about him. We'll see I suppose.

For the Hibbies looking in …. If its true the guy isn't much good defensively and if he fits into a midfield with Scott Allan and Stevie Mallan where the hell is our defensive cover in midfield given that Milligan, Bartley and probably Omeonga have left the club

Deeks should keep shtum. His record in England was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    The new SJM?
    that is not gonnae happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    True. But at this point the aim should be to sign and retain players who can win games we don't usually dominate. In the last two seasons we have played 10 post split matches and won 2 of them, which is consistent with this club's quite frankly woeful top 6 record over the years.

That's the next level for us … not simply making the top 6 which we should be able to do most seasons, its winning games when we get there.
    did not realise our record was so bad. we should not be cannon fodder for those above. we should be at least on the verge of Euro games, in fact in those positions regularly .!

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Signing him on a three month “trial” was his mistake.
    Seems a bit like the Killen situation. He was double dealing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    One of my good mates is a Rotherham fan. Here’s what he had to say about Joe:

“On his day, he’s great - decent on the ball and good passer”

“Can be hugely frustrating just running into trouble and giving it away and lacks effort sometimes. But he's equally likely to be the best player on the pitch. Well obviously not so much in the Championship, but definitely in League 1”.

“10 minute spells you wonder how he's only playing in league one. Then he gives it away 5 times in a row. Mercurial”.

So we get to laud him as the messiah... then scream abuse at him for five minutes.

Covers all the bases.

@hibs.net private member
    Looks to be of a good calibre having played more English Championship than anything else - welcome Joe and may your Hibees career be long and fruitful

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    One of my good mates is a Rotherham fan. Here’s what he had to say about Joe:

“On his day, he’s great - decent on the ball and good passer”

“Can be hugely frustrating just running into trouble and giving it away and lacks effort sometimes. But he's equally likely to be the best player on the pitch. Well obviously not so much in the Championship, but definitely in League 1”.

“10 minute spells you wonder how he's only playing in league one. Then he gives it away 5 times in a row. Mercurial”.
    Sounds like the archetypal cult Hibs player TBH - with our budget I'd take that every day of the week over your consistently 6/10 clogger. We're not going to win the league so bring on the mercurial entertainers.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Cheers mate .. your 'turn of pace' comment is interesting because everything I've read so far suggested he didn't have much pace about him. We'll see I suppose.

For the Hibbies looking in …. If its true the guy isn't much good defensively and if he fits into a midfield with Scott Allan and Stevie Mallan where the hell is our defensive cover in midfield given that Milligan, Bartley and probably Omeonga have left the club
    I thought the exact same when reading that. We need some solidity in midfield, but not a carbon copy of Milligan. We need someone a bit younger who can drive us up the park and help us remain a solid unit. Like a less expensive version of Kenny McLean's role for Scotland the other night.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I thought the exact same when reading that. We need some solidity in midfield, but not a carbon copy of Milligan. We need someone a bit younger who can drive us up the park and help us remain a solid unit. Like a less expensive version of Kenny McLean's role for Scotland the other night.

We do but there was also a need for another wide attacking midfielder.

With Spike and Marv both leaving I have no doubt that we will strengthen in central midfield as well as a few other positions.