hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Old Hibs programmes

I'm moving house at the end of the month and have thousands of old Hibs programmes and many others from Scotland/Scottish Cup Finals and FA cup finals. Where's the best place to sell these and are there any more sought after?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm moving house at the end of the month and have thousands of old Hibs programmes and many others from Scotland/Scottish Cup Finals and FA cup finals. Where's the best place to sell these and are there any more sought after?

http://www.almondvaleprogrammes.co.uk/

Brian might be able to help you out, anything pre 60's will be more sought after, have a look at his website for an idea on relative prices.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    HIBS v Rangers SC Final £50 on eBay

First Team Breakthrough
    If you sell to a Programme Dealer, you more often or not get peanuts. If you have time sort them into perhaps seasons and put a rough price on what you are looking for and try either ebay or facebook programme pages.

Also the condition they are in will come into it

Quote Originally Posted by EHZERO7 View Post
    If you sell to a Programme Dealer, you more often or not get peanuts. If you have time sort them into perhaps seasons and put a rough price on what you are looking for and try either ebay or facebook programme pages.

That is good advice.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    HIBS v Rangers SC Final £50 on eBay
    Is it? I’ve got mine signed by Sir David, but i will be buried with it.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member

Yes you will get peanuts. I took a bundle of Football Scot mags to him. He offered me £1 each, then I found out they are worth at least £4 each. I had 60 of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Yes you will get peanuts. I took a bundle of Football Scot mags to him. He offered me £1 each, then I found out they are worth at least £4 each. I had 60 of them.
    Where can I get £4 each. I would take £2.50 each if I could get it. I have thousands in my mums loft mostly Hibs from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Where can I get £4 each. I would take £2.50 each if I could get it. I have thousands in my mums loft mostly Hibs from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.
    He was talking about Football Scot magazines, not Hibs programmes. Most programmes from 60s to 80s are worth a lot less than £2.50

Left by mutual consent!
    Ah ok cheers.

If anyone has the program from 13th September 1986, at home Vs St Mirren, or the one from 13th August 1991 at home to St Johnstone, I will buy either.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    To be fair to him, he has to find a buyer. Not defending him but they are only worth that figure if someone see's and wants them.

I totally agree though that I think you could get a lot more than £1 each as I have seen a good few on ebay that I would like to relive my childhood and buy but were a wee bit too dear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    If anyone has the program from 13th September 1986, at home Vs St Mirren, or the one from 13th August 1991 at home to St Johnstone, I will buy either.
    I have both these. Is there a reason you want these or just looking to complete a collection? If you PM me your address I will post you them both later in the week.
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 09-06-2019 at 10:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    To be fair to him, he has to find a buyer. Not defending him but they are only worth that figure if someone see's and wants them.

I totally agree though that I think you could get a lot more than £1 each as I have seen a good few on ebay that I would like to relive my childhood and buy but were a wee bit too dear for me.
    You are spot on. Memorabilia is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I have the whole set bar 2 & worth well more than £60

Does anyone know the really valuable programmes? I have hundreds ranging back decades.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    Does anyone know the really valuable programmes? I have hundreds ranging back decades.
    It can vary. I've been selling a few on ebay and sometimes I get a fair bit for some but others I hoped to sell haven't moved.

Best one for me at the moment is Hibs v Everton from 1962, it's sitting at £67.07 with a few days left.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It can vary. I've been selling a few on ebay and sometimes I get a fair bit for some but others I hoped to sell haven't moved.

Best one for me at the moment is Hibs v Everton from 1962, it's sitting at £67.07 with a few days left.
    Do you have the hibs v rangers cup final going spare scoops ? Cant pay silly money though

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Do you have the hibs v rangers cup final going spare scoops ? Cant pay silly money though
    There are three on eBay at the moment all fixed price, cheapest £45 and dearest £50.

The £50 is mint condition with copies of all seven team sheets.

Auction ones come up frequently and usually go for around £30

There are three on eBay at the moment all fixed price, cheapest £45 and dearest £50.

Cheers mate, Fathers Day is just around the corner, will speak nicely to my Daughters 😆🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    There is a collectors forum on Hibs.net. You could ask the question there and I’m sure people will give their opinions.

Generally the 55/6 European homes plus Barcelona postponed are valuable. Also most pre 1958 friendlies fetch decent prices on eBay. If you have any pre 1949/50 homes then you could be pleasantly surprised at the amounts they go for

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    There is a collectors forum on Hibs.net. You could ask the question there and I’m sure people will give their opinions.

Generally the 55/6 European homes plus Barcelona postponed are valuable. Also most pre 1958 friendlies fetch decent prices on eBay. If you have any pre 1949/50 homes then you could be pleasantly surprised at the amounts they go for
    Collectors corner could sure use the posts!

Anyone with a going copy of the Newcastle friendly in 56/57 I’d like to hear from.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

I’ve got mine signed by the team. Should really have had it framed by now!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    I have both these. Is there a reason you want these or just looking to complete a collection? If you PM me your address I will post you them both later in the week.
    I have tried to send a couple of PMs but nothing is listed in my sent box. Did you get either of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    I have tried to send a couple of PMs but nothing is listed in my sent box. Did you get either of them?
    I haven't received any PMs from you which is odd.

I haven't received any PMs from you which is odd.
    Ok. Basically, the St Mirren game was my first game and I'd like to put that program with my son's, which we went to together. The St Johnstone game was the last one I went to with my dad before he died. I'll gladly give you a few quid for the programs.

You can have them both for free if you can send me your address?

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone know if Third Dimension Framing are still on the go? I’ve got a 0-7 programme I want framed but I’ve emailed, phoned, tweeted them and sent a PM on Facebook. I got one reply to my first email weeks ago and then nothing since

You can have them both for free if you can send me your address?
    Got them. Thanks very much, Mr F Sauzee is really chuffed. Although Mrs SLP asked "Who's this guy, F Suzy???" Nice one RH.

I've been searching for a while for a copy of our replay win against Inverness from the Cup run. That and the Hearts away and Raith away games. Anyone know if they're kicking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I've been searching for a while for a copy of our replay win against Inverness from the Cup run. That and the Hearts away and Raith away games. Anyone know if they're kicking about?
    Inverness away is probably the most difficult and expensive programme from the cup run.

Midweek game and not many printed.