hibs.net Messageboard

Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2153
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I don't buy that the VAR was any kind of smokescreen. It wasn't solely to blame but it wasn't executed very well last night.

Supposed to review goals - where was the review of the foul on Weir in the build-up to the Argentine's first goal? It's not supposed to review goalkeeper feet position either - that falls on the assistant referee who stands on the same bloody line looking along it. It was a stupid penalty to give away, but VAR cannot possibly be used in the way that it was against goalkeepers last night.

Also, the penalty incident itself. It was undoubtedly a foul, no arguments, but why didn't the referee allow the Scottish player who was coming on as a sub time to get into the game? She restarted the set piece that led to the penalty immediately after the players swapped over. She effectively made it 10 v 11 for that set-piece?

Then the early finish debacle...Jesus.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen North Korean officials - I wonder how many assessment centres they have available to them over there, and what the standards are like in the North Korean league...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wait till we get the first shootout. Every missed kick will need reviewed
    And will it be a booking every time? What happens if a goalie is sent off during a shootout?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    And will it be a booking every time? What happens if a goalie is sent off during a shootout?
    I think this is why the rule needs revision.

As it stands, the ref was right with the booking, but keepers move off and around lines all the time - its human nature !

The squad is heavy with forward players and hardly any DMs and proper defenders. The ones on the bench simply not good enough for this level. Time to go back and rethink the approach.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The squad is heavy with forward players and hardly any DMs and proper defenders. The ones on the bench simply not good enough for this level. Time to go back and rethink the approach.

I got the feeling the Coach did not trust her bench

Did not make a change until 86 minutes when the team was dead on its feet and on the back foot

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You should get along and watch the u15s National Performance league. Some real talent out there in the girls game. Getting better all the time.
    If the elite of the elite does nothing for me, i think i will wait until such times as the product on show is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The morning after the night before and it all still seems a bit surreal.

I never thought it was possible for Scottish football to go through a more embarrassing experience within a few months of the men's debacle in Kazakhstan but the women have sadly surpassed that last night.

Despite all the plaudits they have rightly received for qualifying in the first place, in order for standards to improve it has to be acknowledged that the way in which they have exited the tournament is totally unacceptable.

No team should be 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go and fail to win the game.
    I don't even think Hearts would manage that. Incredibly poor no matter what level it is.

It was the goalie's fault for coming off the line to save the first pen. If she'd stayed legal she'd have saved it and we'd be through.

Loads of other things were to blame too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before the very enjoyable type of football played in a positive, family atmosphere will be infiltrated by much of the stuff on here?

When will we get the first chant of “referee, you’re a ****er” or “Shelley, Shelley, GTF” or someone screaming uncontrollable abuse at our right back, or the goalie?

Or someone pished sitting swearing through the whole game putting off people attending with their wee girl.

Only a matter of time probably. Sadly.
    I disagree.

There are too many people who like the more positive and supportive vibe you get in the women's game to allow the aggressively torn faces disasters you sometimes see in the men's game (and on this site, sometimes) to spoil it. I see that very clearly just from being on the sidelines at kids football every week.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apart from the result I really enjoyed the game last night. Some good skills lots of effort played in a great atmopshere. Thought the refereee let the Argentinians away with an awful lot of terrible challenges & never looked fully confident. Weird to see players just getting up without making a meal of it, it''l never catch on in the mens game.

@hibs.net private member
    As it stands, the ref was right with the booking, but keepers move off and around lines all the time - its human nature ![/QUOTE]<br><br><br><br>

That's not what gets said on here when the Aberdeen goalkeeper gets away with it. If the Aberdeen keeper was in the wrong then so was Lee Alexander last night. It was crap officials that were/are the problem in so many of these WC matches.<br>

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    I actually thought she moved off her line for the 2nd pen, should that have been retaken as well, oh wait she scored so maybe not, I’m confused.
    She would have been sent off. Second automatic yellow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    I haven't watched much of this, but for the gamblers among us, surely you should work out which team FIFA wants to win and bet on a VAR penalty being given to them at some point in the match. It sounds like money for jam.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    I haven't watched much of this, but for the gamblers among us, surely you should work out which team FIFA wants to win and bet on a VAR penalty being given to them at some point in the match. It sounds like money for jam.
    Double it with the penalty to be scored, as they'll keep retaking it til it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Goalie was a barely in front of her line- seems very harsh to me.

That's the rules but it's very harsh rule imho

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    To be fair to the ref she spent ages showing the goalie the line and maki g it clear what the rule was Whether our keeper understood what the rule is or what ref was saying I don’t know but she moved forward before kick was taken so I wasn’t surprised it was retaken to be honest
    But the reality is poor defending cost us all our goals At 3 0 Up they kept going for another which tired them out
    At some point the Manager needed to put fresh legs on and tell the players to keep possession and play ball out wide and stretch them but we panicked after losing first and tried to get a fourth The Argentine knew we were going to keep doing that and dragged us into areas where one player was trying to beat three instead of just getting the ball away We heaped pressure on the defence they know it vulnerable
    Good open game to watch but lack of-game time management lost us opportunity to progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Seems to me neither of those teams was going through last night. Wait and see who is in the next round to see who benefits.

Have to say though, why did the manager not bring on substitutes? Goals were due to tiredness as much as anything else. At 3-0, shut the shop.

Its morning time and how is that Scotland manager still in her job ?? Its gets worse and worse the more you think about it.

Its the very basics of the game at 3:0 you don't go chasing more goals (See Argentina goal 1), you tell your attacking midfielders to become holding midfielders to shore up the defence (See Argentina goal 2), you use your substitutes individually to waste time or bring them on individually as fresh legs and not disrupt the team with a far to late double substitution in the 86th minute and you always punt long at every opportunity to your star winger (Cuthbert) who runs down the clock in the corner.

Nothing the manager can do about the dodgy goalie and the brutally average full backs but as manager you use your better players to compensate for these weaknesses and most of all you time manage the last 15 mins when you have a 3 goal advantage..

She froze and panicked as it went at 3:1 then 3:2 and 3:3 was the least the Argentina manager deserved for his amazing decision to sacrifice his best player and the second best player on the pitch (after our winger) for young raw and energetic attacking talent against a tired defence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Its morning time and how is that Scotland manager still in her job ?? Its gets worse and worse the more you think about it.

Its the very basics of the game at 3:0 you don't go chasing more goals (See Argentina goal 1), you tell your attacking midfielders to become holding midfielders to shore up the defence (See Argentina goal 2), you use your substitutes individually to waste time or bring them on individually as fresh legs and not disrupt the team with a far to late double substitution in the 86th minute and you always punt long at every opportunity to your star winger (Cuthbert) who runs down the clock in the corner.

Nothing the manager can do about the dodgy goalie and the brutally average full backs but as manager you use your better players to compensate for these weaknesses and most of all you time manage the last 15 mins when you have a 3 goal advantage..

She froze and panicked as it went at 3:1 then 3:2 and 3:3 was the least the Argentina manager deserved for his amazing decision to sacrifice his best player and the second best player on the pitch (after our winger) for young raw and energetic attacking talent against a tired defence.
    You wont be surprised to learn that people are hardly beating down the door to take on the job.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post

i'm the same, normally results like last night for either hibs or scotland i'm over it by the following day, but last night even before going to my kip i just knew that i was going to be even more p@ssed off today at what happened in those last 15 mins, i spent the last 25 mins of the game screaming at the tv for shelly kerr to either substitute our right back or get a midfielder to start covering in front of her, she was leaving huge gaps over that side of the pitch and could see that causing us problems, the argentine manager also saw it, why did ours not

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Really surprised at the stick Alexander is getting, I thought she had an excellent tournament and made a number of great stops. It’s easy to say she should have stayed on the line for the penalty but I’d wager she’s been doing that her whole career without being punished for it and adjusting will take her (and all the other keepers) time to get used to it actually being refereed.

I agree about the right back though I thought she was a total liability.

I backed Argentina +1 last night at just over 2/1 as I expected a draw was the best we'd get. The referee/VAR was cause of me winning my bet... both awful last night IMHO.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I agree Kirsty Smith looked well out of her depth and should have been subbed early on. Not her fault, she doesn't pick herself, but she was the weak link.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Apart from the result I really enjoyed the game last night. Some good skills lots of effort played in a great atmopshere. Thought the refereee let the Argentinians away with an awful lot of terrible challenges & never looked fully confident. Weird to see players just getting up without making a meal of it, it''l never catch on in the mens game.
    I agree the one (driven possibly by the frustration of the save ironically) on the Scottish Player clearing after the penalty in the corner was a shocker. this was lost in all the VAR stuff.

I suppose it 'did not happen' so couldn't be ruled on

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Really surprised at the stick Alexander is getting, I thought she had an excellent tournament and made a number of great stops. It’s easy to say she should have stayed on the line for the penalty but I’d wager she’s been doing that her whole career without being punished for it and adjusting will take her (and all the other keepers) time to get used to it actually being refereed.

Agree thought the goalie was good in the tournament and any other day would be the hero for the double save at the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I agree Kirsty Smith looked well out of her depth and should have been subbed early on. Not her fault, she doesn't pick herself, but she was the weak link.
    She was a stand out player last year. Man Utd doesn't appear too have improved her at all. She has always been much more effective further up the pitch with pace to burn.

Kirsty Smith was left 2 on 1 a number of times especially later in the game.

The manager failed at 3-0 to make adjustments which saw the game out. at times we were playing 5 forwards leaving the full backs exposed.

Smith is an excellent player and was outstanding for Hibs and Utd . Last night was all on Kerr

Howard was a disaster the whole tournament. we just don't defend well.
    Last edited by Just Jimmy; 20-06-2019 at 01:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Kirsty Smith was left 2 on 1 a number of times especially later in the game.

The manager failed at 3-0 to make adjustments which saw the game out. at times we were playing 5 forwards leaving the full backs exposed.

Smith is an excellent player and was outstanding for Hibs and Utd . Last night was all on Kerr

Dont think you can put that performance at the door of the coach. Did Shelly tell her to not mark the winger at the first goal and sclaff the ball to the attacker and then not block the shot?

Embarrassing, at any level, in any game to be 3-0 up with 15 mins to go and not hold on to win. We can argue all day long about poor decisions etc but ultimately we ****ed up what should have been a comfortable lead in the late stages of the game.

In regards to the penalty re-take decision. Extremely harsh on the keeper. Games gone totally mad.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree thought the goalie was good in the tournament and any other day would be the hero for the double save at the penalty.

There's folk who bang on about how **** the women's game is and go overboard with it, and folk are quick to shoot them down for it...but on the opposite end of the spectrum, there's folk who make out things are a million times better than they actually are. She didn't have a good or excellent tournament. She didn't pull off a number of great stops. She made some ok stops, and she did really well with the pen and follow up last night, despite the VAR call that followed. She did make a total **** of that second goal last night though, and should have saved the opener against Japan. In 3 games it was her fault for 2 goals.