hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 71
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    41,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may come as a shock to you, but women need to defecate too. Quite often, as it happens. 💩💩💩
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may come as a shock to you, but women need to defecate too. Quite often, as it happens. 💩💩💩
    Not between parked cars. I would have said that's something only a bloke would do
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  4. #33
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not between parked cars. I would have said that's something only a bloke would do
    You've led a sheltered life.

  5. #34
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    41,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp


    Is that a metaphor? If so, I've been whooshed.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Is that a metaphor? If so, I've been whooshed.
    No, it means if you want to convert people to your point of view, then you don't go noising them up - it would appear. They are much more likely to respond to a less confrontational approach.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/summary-you-want-gather-honey-dont-kick-over-na-desh-mba-edd


    Edit: actually it is a metaphor.
    Last edited by Cataplana; 17-10-2019 at 12:13 PM.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    41,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it means if you want to convert people to your point of view, then you don't go noising them up - it would appear. They are much more likely to respond to a less confrontational approach.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/summary-you-want-gather-honey-dont-kick-over-na-desh-mba-edd


    Edit: actually it is a metaphor.
    I thought it was a metaphor which is why I was confused it was on this thread.

    That same metaphor can be used in relation to a good few posters on this forum. I've never felt more inclined to oppose independence than when I read some of the nasty aggressive pish that gets posted.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  9. #38
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was a metaphor which is why I was confused it was on this thread.

    That same metaphor can be used in relation to a good few posters on this forum. I've never felt more inclined to oppose independence than when I read some of the nasty aggressive pish that gets posted.
    I just feel the climate protestors are adapting the wrong approach. If nothing else, tube users are not the people needlessly burning fossil fuel.

    I am maybe missing the point. That's why I thought it was a good example of WTF.

  10. #39
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Does anybody else have a tragic floral tribute story?

    https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1797...z25eGJPCuudM48

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,692

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She is no conservative!

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    'She then carries on twerking and dancing before one festival-goer appears and crouches near her in an attempt to catch some of the milk in her mouth'



    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    41,427
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  16. #45
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    I think this might be a FFS. Certainly sounds like the most extreme case of blaming your training shoes for your poor performance.

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

    Makes me think of Alan Wells famous statement that the wind was blowing harder in his lane than it was in Meneah's.

  17. #46
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't help thinking there's far more to this story than what we're being presented with here. What an earth would motivate hundreds of people each and every day to send death threats to an old lady online? Something isn't being told here.

  18. #47
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't help thinking there's far more to this story than what we're being presented with here. What an earth would motivate hundreds of people each and every day to send death threats to an old lady online? Something isn't being told here.
    Can't think what isn't being told here. She's a jew, they are Nazis, she spoke out against them.

  19. #48
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't think what isn't being told here. She's a jew, they are Nazis, she spoke out against them.
    It's such a lazy narrative. I mean really? Hundreds of people for no other reason than some old lady online being jewish gang up on her on a daily basis to send her death threats?

    Why her specifically? I'm sure she's not the only jewish person on twitter to have spoken out about the holocaust. Why would hundreds of people specifically target her?

    As I said. Something isn't being told here.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's such a lazy narrative. I mean really? Hundreds of people for no other reason than some old lady online being jewish gang up on her on a daily basis to send her death threats?

    Why her specifically? I'm sure she's not the only jewish person on twitter to have spoken out about the holocaust. Why would hundreds of people specifically target her?

    As I said. Something isn't being told here.
    The something not being told is that it appears you didn’t even read the story?

    She not just ‘some old lady online’. She’s an Italian Senator who has received the abuse after she proposed a commission to combat all forms of racism, anti-Semitism, incitement to hatred and violence on ethnic and religious grounds.

    Not quite the same as some old lady putting out a few tweets about the Holocaust that you seem to have somehow interpreted the story to be.

    But then again maybe it’s just a case of another woman moaning about stuff that everyone else just puts up with?

  21. #50
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    30,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's such a lazy narrative. I mean really? Hundreds of people for no other reason than some old lady online being jewish gang up on her on a daily basis to send her death threats?

    Why her specifically? I'm sure she's not the only jewish person on twitter to have spoken out about the holocaust. Why would hundreds of people specifically target her?

    As I said. Something isn't being told here.
    Add anti-semitism to your sexism and anti-english racism.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  22. #51
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add anti-semitism to your sexism and anti-english racism.
    You really have no shame do you?

    You have absolutely zero basis for making such claims, but peddle them out anyway. I'm particularly amused that you chose to throw "anti-english" into the mix. Because you know, being a Scottish Independence supporter, obviously makes me "anti-english". Supporting a nationalist stance (which isn't really nationalistic at all) obviously makes me anti-semitic and of course daring to criticize politicians regardless of their gender obviously makes me sexist as well.

    Why not just go the full stretch and claim that I hate black people as well? Because there's as much evidence of that on here as there is for all of your other nonsensical claims about me.

  23. #52
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    30,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really have no shame do you?

    You have absolutely zero basis for making such claims, but peddle them out anyway. I'm particularly amused that you chose to throw "anti-english" into the mix. Because you know, being a Scottish Independence supporter, obviously makes me "anti-english". Supporting a nationalist stance (which isn't really nationalistic at all) obviously makes me anti-semitic and of course daring to criticize politicians regardless of their gender obviously makes me sexist as well.

    Why not just go the full stretch and claim that I hate black people as well? Because there's as much evidence of that on here as there is for all of your other nonsensical claims about me.
    I support Independence like many others here and unlike you we aren’t anti-english. All the evidence is here. You declared that you hated English culture and when pulled up for it went on to define English culture of consisting only of traits you found objectionable. That’s racist.
    You tried to prove that anti semitism didn’t exist by re- defining it (There is a pattern here.) Then went on to make blatantly anti Semitic statements which several posters pulled you up for.
    Your sexism speaks for itself. (You re-defined that as well ) A quick search of your recent posts proves it.
    Last edited by marinello59; 07-11-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  24. #53
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I support Independence like many others here and unlike you we aren’t anti-english. All the evidence is here. You declared that you hated English culture and when pulled up for it went on to define English culture of consisting only of traits you found objectionable. That’s racist.
    You tried to prove that anti semitism didn’t exist by re- defining it (There is a pattern here.) Then went on to make blatantly anti Semitic statements which several posters pulled you up for.
    Your sexism speaks for itself. (You re-defined that as well ) A quick search of your recent posts proves it.
    Ok, well for starters. It's not racist to dislike a culture. Culture and race are not the same thing. So lets get that right. People are well within their right not to like certain cultures. I bet you don't like the culture of modern day nazis right? It doesn't make you a racist though. It doesn't make you racist towards Germans or any other race. I've never once claimed to hate anybody just because they happpen to be English, not once.

    You're claim that i'm trying to prove that anti-semitism doesn't exist is also completely untrue. I don't feel like i'm the one trying to change the definition, i'm trying to stay true to the real definition, not the modern revisioned version used to silence people who criticize the Israeli lobby and the way they're trying to manipulate political outcomes in the UK along with the US. These people are spitting on the graves of those who suffered in the war and I take great issue with that.

    Same with the sexism claims. I've never onced claimed that my criticism of certain political leaders had anything to do with their gender. It's you and MA that's making those associations, not myself. For the posters that make these kind of claims about me, there are other posters who are quick to defend me and denounce such claims.

    I shouldn't have to defend myself like this. It's your job as an admin of this board to know the difference between what really constitutes as sexism/racism/anti-semitism or any other form of bigotry and what doesn't. That doesn't however give you a free reign to make it up as you see fit.

    I've said what I want to say.

  25. #54
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    30,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a

    I shouldn't have to defend myself like this. It's your job as an admin of this board to know the difference between what really constitutes as sexism/racism/anti-semitism or any other form of bigotry and what doesn't. That doesn't however give you a free reign to make it up as you see fit.

    I've said what I want to say.
    Let me make it clear I'm expressing my own views here and not representing the Admin team in any way. I've made nothing up.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,692
    Anyway chaps.

    Back to the WTF hilarity of this thread. Plenty of other threads that are a bit more serious to have a ding-dong.

    J

  27. #56
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar

    The world actually seems ****ed

    - excuse me you've dropped your purse money
    - you nearly stepped in front of that car

    If a woman had don't it would she still have tweeted
    If a good looking guy had done it would it have been a different style of tweet
    If someone famous msle had done it she'd be tweeting that **** positively

  28. #57
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar

    The world actually seems ****ed

    - excuse me you've dropped your purse money
    - you nearly stepped in front of that car

    If a woman had don't it would she still have tweeted
    If a good looking guy had done it would it have been a different style of tweet
    If someone famous msle had done it she'd be tweeting that **** positively
    I hate when someone wants past you at the football, and instead of saying "excuse me", they move you to the side without a word.
    Last edited by Cataplana; 10-11-2019 at 02:05 PM.

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar

    The world actually seems ****ed

    - excuse me you've dropped your purse money
    - you nearly stepped in front of that car

    If a woman had don't it would she still have tweeted
    If a good looking guy had done it would it have been a different style of tweet
    If someone famous msle had done it she'd be tweeting that **** positively
    Disagree. There's no reason to be touching strangers, unless you're pushing them out of the way of a maniac driving up on the pavement trying to take them out (etc).

  30. #59
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. There's no reason to be touching strangers, unless you're pushing them out of the way of a maniac driving up on the pavement trying to take them out (etc).
    What if you keep calling their attention over and over again and they still don't move? I think tapping somebody on the shoulder to get their attention when that fails is a pretty natural reaction.

    Anybody trying to brand this as some kind of sexism, or sexual assault is pathetic to be honest.

    At worst, it's rude to tap somebody on the shoulder if you don't attempt to get their notice through words first. But that's all it is.

  31. #60
    Testimonial Due Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. There's no reason to be touching strangers, unless you're pushing them out of the way of a maniac driving up on the pavement trying to take them out (etc).
    No need, but no harm either. I doubt if this is a big problem for the majority of people - yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved