hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Been in Menorca for a week now and other than my hibs towel I have only seen one other football related item, a wee laddie at the harbour wearing a the rangers top, keep Menorca clean 😆

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Not my personal choice of holiday wear for sure, but the September after the 2012 cup final we encountered a maroon baloon and his sizeable good lady on the local train from Sorrento to Vesuvius.

Resplendent in ill fitting wonga tops and hearts hat I was forced by the wife to enjoy their bad taste but say nothing, it was hard.

We made our way independently of the tours to the top to enjoy the volcanic clouds at the top. Imagine our disappointment when at the highest point the wonga top was already ahead of us and posing for a photo.

It was only slightly offset by him slipping backwards through the fence and sliding down the shingle after the photoshoot finished

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 07-06-2019 at 07:46 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Love bumping into Hibees when away. Always pack Hibs polo shirt and have met fellow Hibernians or got chatting to locals to spread the word. Met 2 Italian lads in Rome who had been to ER when working at Valvonas and studying, saw my polo and got speaking for ages, top people who had a soft spot for the Hibs and were up to speed with how we were fairing. Bumped into Hibees in the Canaries couple of years back, several renditions of SOL over a fair few nights were had and a Hibs T-shirt left for the barman who tolerated us!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Was once (10+) years ago in Cuba. In quite a remote hotel. Sitting on one of their Pcs browsing on .Net...

Guy next to me was doing the exact same !

Never wear a strip anywhere, but don't mind a t shirt. Hibs in Heraklion, Crete at the players entrance for ΟΦΗ.

hell.jpg

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Featuring my Hibernian towel in St Lucia. No one has a scoob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ran into a guy in Hibs top in the very narrow passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza. No space to stop and chat but one of my greatest holiday moments.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    I wore a London Hibs t-shirt at the top of the pyramid at Chitzen Itza many years ago. A like minded gentleman gave me a knowing nod. Also noticed by a soor faced hun in team shirt and Union Jack shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Im just back . Saw one hibs strip and a handful of celtic and rangers ones when i was there
    Haven't seen anything apart from rangers so far. Everytime time it's been the orange or sash strip, not that's it's a massive surprise though

Wore my Hibs top in Seattle last year. A guy starts singing for its a grand old team to play for....was a Hibs season ticket holder, got to meet him and his family and he met mine. Great and easy way to meet people!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    I wore a London Hibs t-shirt at the top of the pyramid at Chitzen Itza many years ago. A like minded gentleman gave me a knowing nod. Also noticed by a soor faced hun in team shirt and Union Jack shorts!

Soor faced, excellent

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I remember being at the top of the sagrada familia in Barcelona. Up the stairs behind us comes 2 Huns in full kit. I’m wondering at this point if they know what this building is for?

Also took the kids to Portaventura that week and spotted full family of Huns, Ma, Pa and weans all in full kilt including socks. A healthy looking bunch and no mistake!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Haven't seen anything apart from rangers so far. Everytime time it's been the orange or sash strip, not that's it's a massive surprise though
    Got chatting to a young guy who works in one of the pubs in Salou, hes from Paisley. He was saying he got his car broken into and they took his old football boots and shinpads, snowboarding boots, loose change and chewing gum (i think) . He said he didnt know whether to be delighted or gutted that they had taken his brand new rangers top out of its plastic bag then made the decision not to steal it too

I think it's a bit naff older guys wearing strips but polos and t-shirts are ok. I usually take a couple of the latter and wore one the other week when out cycling in Turkey.

I was there for the anniversy of the Cup Final and had s toast with our host who's a Galatasaray fan. I took an HMS Argyll rugby strip (cotton and cool) which is a lovely dark green with white sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    No problem and no offence intended.

I just feel that football tops/strips are for playing football in or for wee boys.
    We are all still wee boys at heart.

Left by mutual consent!
    Always have my Hibs towel for the pool on holiday. Always pack Hibs shorts too. Coupled with my Hibs tattoos and others, it's always sweet getting the double-take from The Rangers fans abroad

oooooh the seeeethe

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Ran into a guy in Hibs top in the very narrow passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza. No space to stop and chat but one of my greatest holiday moments.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Class!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Been in Menorca for a week now and other than my hibs towel I have only seen one other football related item, a wee laddie at the harbour wearing a the rangers top, keep Menorca clean
    Smelly Hun-fud

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Ooof that's sexist wee girls wear Hibs tops as well
    You know what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Folk commenting on what people wear abroad. Get a grip. Sad as ****.
    Aye, sad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    We are all still wee boys at heart.
    Would rather you hadn’t used the word ‘heart’ in a fun thread. It’ll only spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Always have my Hibs towel for the pool on holiday. Always pack Hibs shorts too. Coupled with my Hibs tattoos and others, it's always sweet getting the double-take from The Rangers fans abroad

oooooh the seeeethe

Im hibs and Scotland tattooed to the hilt, I wont be missed 🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Not my personal choice of holiday wear for sure, but the September after the 2012 cup final we encountered a maroon baloon and his sizeable good lady on the local train from Sorrento to Vesuvius.

Resplendent in ill fitting wonga tops and hearts hat I was forced by the wife to enjoy their bad taste but say nothing, it was hard.

We made our way independently of the tours to the top to enjoy the volcanic clouds at the top. Imagine our disappointment when at the highest point the wonga top was already ahead of us and posing for a photo.

It was only slightly offset by him slipping backwards through the fence and sliding down the shingle after the photoshoot finished

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Funny you should say that.
    After that final I went euro-railing and in our Napoli hostel on the first morning I went upstairs to get scran and there was a boy in a retro hibs top.

It right cheered me up.

I wear my hibs tops abroad regularly. From the beaches of Varadero in Cuba (I wore this years away top here because I seen a tim and it annoyed me) to the bridge over the river Kwai.

I’ve never had a convo about it yet. I will continue to wear my tops abroad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    You know what I meant!

Aye, sad.

Why’s it sad? Out of interest?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Love seeing someone in a hibs top when in foriegn climes.... Met someone who is now a good mate that way, while I prefer "authentic" local pubs I quite like the occasional sports type bar especially if they've got flags from Scottish clubs..... The balcony though... Oh.... Biggest laugh last year was a Yam doing the balcony flag... Was a talking point I guess, met guys from all over, tic, gers, Aberdeen, dunfermline etc etc and as soon as anyone realised each other was from Scotland the 1st question was are you THE jambo?

Good Times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Not that I am aware of.

There is however an age when folk think they are past doing certain things.
    Well I’m 68 and I thoroughly approve of hanging a Hibs flagfrom your holiday hotel’s balcony.

Why not?

Don't think I've worn a hibs top out and about since I was 16. I'll occasionally wear one to fives but that's the only time

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Don't think I've worn a hibs top out and about since I was 16. I'll occasionally wear one to fives but that's the only time
    I am too old for fives, so wear my Hibs top on holiday

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Never wear a strip anywhere, but don't mind a t shirt. Hibs in Heraklion, Crete at the players entrance for ΟΦΗ.

hell.jpg
    Likewise. I always chuck one in the bag, for schleping round the pool. I generally gong them too hot to wear on holiday walking about. Was in Florida in August last year and a nylon top would have been torture in the heat.

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Well I’m 68 and I thoroughly approve of hanging a Hibs flagfrom your holiday hotel’s balcony.

Why not?
    I have a Hibs towel. I hang that from the balcony. Kills two hirds with one stone. Flys the “flag” and dries my towel off for the next day.

J

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Imo the waring of football tops by adults, especially on holiday should be banned unless your team is playing.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was me lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Was once (10+) years ago in Cuba. In quite a remote hotel. Sitting on one of their Pcs browsing on .Net...

Guy next to me was doing the exact same !