hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Off to Berlin late summer with my son. He never goes on holiday without his Hibs tops.

Might go somewhere at the beginning of the holidays but its all exam result dependant so up in the air.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mummy of 3 and hibee through and through MichelleHibs's Avatar
    Had my Hibs strip on at a BC Lions game in Vancouver... group of guys in front started singing sunshine on leith when they saw it! ⚽️
    Cameron, Chloe and Lewis....
    The Most Precious Gifts in the World

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off to Berlin late summer with my son. He never goes on holiday without his Hibs tops.

Might go somewhere at the beginning of the holidays but its all exam result dependant so up in the air.
    Good luck with the exams; make your son proud.

I couldn't wait for the new Hibs kit to come out before my holidays and didn't like last years kit, so got myself a couple of really smart tees from cabbageandribs.com including one of these beauties

Testimonial Due
    Maybe no the flags but I have the beach towel which I guess doubles as a flag when hung over the balcony to dry.

Testimonial Due
    Football gear on holiday chat always reminds me of being in Menorca one year on a first choice holiday.

There was a guy there who went about every day in a Rangers top, had a red hand tattoo etc. The whole nine yards including England tops!

One of the reps was a good enough lad from Tranent but a Jambo for his sins but his crowning glory was the day said hun win the table tennis competition and that evening when he went up to collect his certificate wearing an England shirt the rep gave him the certificate then said...

“Before you go big man, I’m sure there’s lots of people out there in the audience who would like to know why a guy like yourself with a broad Glasgow accent is wearing an England top?”

The look on the huns face was priceless.

Left by mutual consent!
    The club shop have soon cool t’s imcluding a green one with 1875 on the breast. The 7 is a harp. Only £12.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Walking down The Strip Albufiera a few years back on a Saturday night we had our youngest all decked out in his HIBS strip top, shorts and socks

Two random lassies approached us dressed to kill and one of them said in a broad Edinburgh accent “ Aw look at this wee boy Alexis all dressed up in his wee Hibs strip. How cute!”

Babe magnet!

Not one for wearing my hibs gear on hol but in my much younger days wore my Hibs top to York races when I decided to go to their big August meeting at the last moment. Had the bukta top on and had the security guards fascinated as to which team i supported as there were very few teams with sponsorship on their shirts their. They followed me for a bit till they eventually asked me they didn't know about sponsorship on shirts and thought I was from Europe. Great day and saw the best horse in the world,alleged, at that time. Also used to go on holiday with my Jambo pal so it was Scotland tops to avoid any friction.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    The club shop have soon cool t’s imcluding a green one with 1875 on the breast. The 7 is a harp. Only £12.
    I was in the shop yesterday and bought 1 for my holidays. The badge is very subtle, recognisable to other Hibbies

@hibs.net private member
    To protect my napper from being burnt always wear a cap. A lot of the time my Hibs one. It is amazing how many Hibby comment on it.

Sometimes when at the poolside I wear the yellow Hibs top to protect the ladies from getting all moist at the sight of my tanned six pack. Very rarely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    Aye, sad.

I was being sarcastic in response to the poster who said it was ‘sad as ****’ to comment on what folk wear abroad.

I don’t see how it’s ‘sad’ to make a remark on an opinion based football forum.

I also don’t need to ‘get a grip’.[/QUOTE]

Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.

@hibs.net private member
    I dont care if your 9 or 90, if your in a hibs strip you'll put a smile on my face. A T shirt, shorts or towel will probably have the same effect
    Last edited by Jay; 09-06-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    This is my favourite thread of all time 😍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Im quite sure its not

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Wore one of the 1875 tops on my recent trip to Vietnam plus out and about in Tokyo, no one gave/gives a toss! Not one for wearing a replica shirts only when playing football each to their own.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscene Omeonga View Post
    I was being sarcastic in response to the poster who said it was ‘sad as ****’ to comment on what folk wear abroad.

I don’t see how it’s ‘sad’ to make a remark on an opinion based football forum.

I also don’t need to ‘get a grip’.
    Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.[/QUOTE]

As does yours.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Very opposite for me.

Was in the Saltaire lounge in Malia for the Scottish Cup final. There was a handful of non colour wearing Celtic fans in there including my mate. 2 Rangers fans walked in in full gear.

No hassle but a bit odd to me if your teams not playing, and very confusing for an old dear from London who kept shouting "Kam On Rangaaahs " lol

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Sitting in the Dolphin Pub Fuengirola, Hibs top on. Nothing but positive response 😎

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.
    As does yours. [/QUOTE]

Haha, amazing what winds people up. Loving this thread and I love wearing my Hibs top too

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Nothing gets my hackles up more if I am abroad on holiday going about my normal holiday business and I see a Hun top walking towards me

If looks could kill 😬

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Nothing gets my hackles up more if I am abroad on holiday going about my normal holiday business and I see a Hun top walking towards me

If looks could kill ��
    I was in Crete 10/12 years ago with my ex and we had a young honeymoon-couple (from Stirling) in the next apartment to us. I'd got into the habit of getting a paper from home early doors, reading it on our balcony and then handing it over to the new hubby on their balcony. However, one morning I actually had to stand up to hand the paper over (I can't turn my head/neck around as I have ankylosing spondilitis and my spine is fused solid, iron-rods etc, etc), only to find the guy - who I'd previously considered ok - standing there, chest all puffed out with his hand out, proudly wearing a Hun-top !. Like you, I cannot stand these creatures so after a few seconds of splutering/stammering I managed to say - 'Wtf is THAT ??' pointing at his top, to which he proudly replied 'We arra peepil big-man !' I just stared at him for a few seconds and then just said - '******-off and get your ain paper ya skanky wee ********* !'. I know it's chldish/petty (well that was my furious ex's opinion !) but I just couldn't and can't help it, whenever I see that top, I immediately think of the damage they've done - and continue to do - to our country's name and also to our game, and the red-mist just comes down !

Life’s too short to get wound up by Huns on holiday.

That said, maybe subconsciously I take a Hibs top or two away with me to kind of equalise the numbers a bit. Went to Fuerteventura in June 2016 so obviously I took great pride in wearing one of the Perservered tops and to be fair a Rangers fan actually shook my hand (I made sure to wash it afterwards) and said we fully deserved it, asked if I went to the game etc. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that I’ve never had a problem with any set of fans on holiday, particularly with the pack mentality removed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    As does yours.
    Haha, amazing what winds people up. Loving this thread and I love wearing my Hibs top too[/QUOTE]

I like you, Bangkok.

Not too keen on the post I quoted earlier from the other bloke, mind.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I take a couple of my Hibs t-shirts on holiday with me. One more subtle one with the left chest club badge and the other one has the lovely big 0-7 on the reverse.

Love seeing Hibbies wearing their tops on holiday. Had a pleasant chat with one such on the way out of Tenerife's Siam Park last year. Always feels like finding a friend.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I've always taken a bit of Hibs gear with me on hols.
    Back in 1991 I was on holiday in Corfu and the guy doing publicity for a new complex opening in Kavos asked me if I'd agree to be in the pic, lounging at the pool wearing my Hibs cap and speedos. To be honest he was a fan of the Hibs hat rather than my budgie smugglers.
    As a result I 'starred' in the Cosmos Holiday brochure for several years.
    The paper I was reading informing me that Goram had just signed for Rangers.
    True story.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I've always taken a bit of Hibs gear with me on hols.
    Back in 1991 I was on holiday in Corfu and the guy doing publicity for a new complex opening in Kavos asked me if I'd agree to be in the pic, lounging at the pool wearing my Hibs cap and speedos. To be honest he was a fan of the Hibs hat rather than my budgie smugglers.
    As a result I 'starred' in the Cosmos Holiday brochure for several years.
    The paper I was reading informing me that Goram had just signed for Rangers.
    True story.

Folk are now frantically Googling 'Cosmos brochure 1991'.