hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

England fans, same old same old.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/05/england-fans-clash-portuguese-police-fas-fears-trouble-ahead/

On D-Day of all days. Embarrassing.

"There were familiar songs about the RAF and German bombers and bottles thrown in the direction of the PSP officers in full riot gear".

The trouble has been acknowledged and condemned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48538731

The phrase "a minority" is in there, but it's good that the FA and supporters groups are up for calling these idiots out.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Sadly predictable. The lunatic/far right hooligan element which still attaches itself to the England national team doesn't seem as strong as it once was, but hasn't been completely eradicated.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Kick them out of the next tournament that they qualify for (Euro 2020) and give their place to Scotland.

Seems to be an increase of the **** the pope chants from England recently. That along with the treatment of James McLean. West coast of Scotland problem though eh
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 06-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems to be an increase of the **** the pope chants from England recently. That along with the treat of James McLean. West coast of Scotland problem though eh
    Long term links between the English far right and Ulster loyalists.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Seems to be an increase of the **** the pope chants from England recently. That along with the treatment of James McLean. West coast of Scotland problem though eh
    Sadly your right, #### the pope is creeping in more and more, attending many Sunderland away games I am hearing it more and more, I challenge when I can and in the main they naively don't realise what they are singing. As for James McLean he is vilified by many fans, doesn't help himself sometimes but the abuse he gets isn't right.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Kick them out of the next tournament that they qualify for (Euro 2020) and give their place to Scotland.
    So Scotland can embarrass us all with their tartan army jovial good guy bull**** while the team fails miserably again?

I'm in for that..

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    So Scotland can embarrass us all with their tartan army jovial good guy bull**** while the team fails miserably again?

I'm in for that..
    Me too, it would be amazing.

The garden furniture will have to throw itself around.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

I'm in for that..
    Never understood this attitude. On a thread discussing England “fans” bad behaviour you have a go at the TA for continue to follow the team when they are poor while behaving ourselves..

I’ve spent thousands of pounds following Scotland over the years and, just like I don’t allow a Hibs defeat to ruin my weekend, why shouldn’t I make the most of my trip and enjoy seeing the world win, lose or draw?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Sadly predictable. The lunatic/far right hooligan element which still attaches itself to the England national team doesn't seem as strong as it once was, but hasn't been completely eradicated.
    Brexit will have reinvigorated it.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I forget which tournament it was, possibly the Euros in France, but bumped into a few England fans and had a few beers with them. They were good guys and couldn’t help but feel sorry for them. They were saying they don’t wear England colours because of the perception of the fans and try to stay away from the actual venues until as late as possible because the drunken moron element invariably ruin it for everyone.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I forget which tournament it was, possibly the Euros in France, but bumped into a few England fans and had a few beers with them. They were good guys and couldn’t help but feel sorry for them. They were saying they don’t wear England colours because of the perception of the fans and try to stay away from the actual venues until as late as possible because the drunken moron element invariably ruin it for everyone.

Way back in 1990 at Italy World Cup we met a few English guys on train before Sweden match. Good guys who wouldn’t follow England in the competition because of the so called “fans”
    They even sold me a ticket for the game 😁

I know a couple of guys who followed England away for years. Good guys who like a beer, a bit banter and are, to put it politely, men of the world.

Neither bother these days after the trouble in France at the Euros. They travelled to Marseille for the game at which there was the big bother and whilst they argued England fans were largely the victims in and around the ground they both said the behaviour of some England fans travelling to the game was a disgrace.

It may be a minority but it's a vocal and prominent one.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    I caught a bit of TalkSport Drive yesterday and they had a caller on from Glasgow - a Hun - who was defending the English fans singing about the IRA and the Pope and the German bombers song saying it was just banter and showing "patriotism" - shouldn't be surprised but he then started referring to the England fans as "us / we"

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is a shame for the ordinary fan. My two brother in-laws & sister in-law, are Newcastle and England fans, great guys and love the footy not the shame. Was on holiday in Madeira with them during the world cup last year, what a laugh we had and I genuinely felt their disappointment however, they were delighted with their teams effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    It is a shame for the ordinary fan. My two brother in-laws & sister in-law, are Newcastle and England fans, great guys and love the footy not the shame. Was on holiday in Madeira with them during the world cup last year, what a laugh we had and I genuinely felt their disappointment however, they were delighted with their teams effort.
    That’s about where I am with it. Shame for the majority. A bit like how Hibs fans felt when one bell end runs on the pitch v Rangers last season.

Gamer IDs

Ok so I will apologise to everyone on here for my **** chat. I have a massive chip on my shoulder with Scotland fans. It's my problem so I'll accept it. Sorry for any pish chat.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Ok so I will apologise to everyone on here for my **** chat. I have a massive chip on my shoulder with Scotland fans. It's my problem so I'll accept it. Sorry for any pish chat.

What a strange post!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    What a strange post!
    Why? For accepting the fact that I over reacted to alot on here? Ok no bother Hermit... You take the moral high ground