hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be £40-£50 I reckon. Full of roasters who have never been to a fitba game in their puff walking along dressed like a full kit ******. After the game talking about how good Liverpool and the EPL is and how ***** Scottish fitba is without even a slight hint of irony. With no Fergie at the helm and Utd utter pish a chance for Liverpool to expand their fanbase up here with the next generation of youth.

The Barca game at Murrayfield was bad enough and that featured Hibs - think i lasted 35 minutes before heading. Not for me this - fill your boots though.
    Absolutely bang on. Full of wee fuds ****ing themselves into oblivion over multi millionaire EPL players. No thanks.

Id rather sit at a murrayfield and watch the six nations with the rest of the farmers and that’s saying something.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hope it never happens. A "glamour friendly" against Liverpool at Murrayfield sounds a bit cringey and desperate for me. Was bad enough against Barca. I'd rather we just aspired to play them in Europe and left glamour friendlies to others. Our city neighbours managed it not so long ago.

Even before becoming European Champions again, it was virtually impossible to get tickets for Anfield, even if you belong to a regional supporters club somewhere else in the UK most of these guys are on a waiting list for tickets.

If it happens it's brilliant news for me, I'll definitely be taking Bollah Jr, who is a Liverpool fan and a Hibs fan. The closest he's ever got to seeing them live is the Anfield stadium tour. I am really sorry if this reality, that a boy can support two teams equally and passionately, offends those purer and more exalted fans out there.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How much to watch 2 clubs stroll around not laying a glove on each other?

Rather watch Corrie or Eastenders.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Even before becoming European Champions again, it was virtually impossible to get tickets for Anfield, even if you belong to a regional supporters club somewhere else in the UK most of these guys are on a waiting list for tickets.

If it happens it's brilliant news for me, I'll definitely be taking Bollah Jr, who is a Liverpool fan and a Hibs fan. The closest he's ever got to seeing them live is the Anfield stadium tour. I am really sorry if this reality, that a boy can support two teams equally and passionately, offends those purer and more exalted fans out there.
    Same with my son though did take him to a Sunderland Liverpool game a few years back in the home end.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Fair bit of inverse snobbery on this thread.

I have nothing against these things, if folk want to go and get a chance to see teams they might otherwise not get to, then that's a good thing, surely?

Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying they have to go.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Same with my son though did take him to a Sunderland Liverpool game a few years back in the home end.
    I was thinking about doing the same at St James Park but not really the done thing in that part of the world to sit in the home end with a red shirt on

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Fair bit of inverse snobbery on this thread.

I have nothing against these things, if folk want to go and get a chance to see teams they might otherwise not get to, then that's a good thing, surely?

Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying they have to go.

Exactly - don't like/fancy it? - don't go. Why come on here just to moan about something you have no interest in?

It's not for me but it's not like the EPL is some mysterious unknown entity in Scotland. Both the league and Liverpool have a huge fanbase up here anyway so it's not like a one off game is going to have people burning their STs for ER, Tynecastle, Fir Park et al because they have discovered this new and exciting product.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How much to watch 2 clubs stroll around not laying a glove on each other?

Rather watch Corrie or Eastenders.
    This for me.

I would love to see Liverpool and Napoli play a competitive game, not so sure about an exhibition match.

Didn't bother going to see Barca when they came over.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I was thinking about doing the same at St James Park but not really the done thing in that part of the world to sit in the home end with a red shirt on
    Agree leave the red shirt at home.

There were an incredible amount of "Liverpool" supporters on Facebook and Twitter over the last week who live in Scotland and probably haven't even set foot in the city in their life never mind anfield. Referring to Liverpool as "we" and "us". If only they put as much effort into supporting Scottish football as they do pretending to support these English sides then maybe Scottish football would be more attractive to outside investment. No problem in people following an English side and watching their games but this "we" and "us" ***** does my head in.

Understandable for a kid but completely weird when its adults. IMO you can't passionately support a team when you havn't seen them play or visited the city. It's also double-standards. "Look at all those old firm fans, gloryhunters all over the place wearing their strips and giving them their cash" then you have fans of Scottish clubs giving money to a billion pound company a few miles down the road.

Not got an urge to watch Liverpool anywhere or on any medium. Have seen Napoli before and they were gash...we put 5 passed them at ER😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hope it never happens. A "glamour friendly" against Liverpool at Murrayfield sounds a bit cringey and desperate for me. Was bad enough against Barca. I'd rather we just aspired to play them in Europe and left glamour friendlies to others. Our city neighbours managed it not so long ago.
    It’s not against us

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder why they’ve gone to Murrayfield rather than Hampden, would be better keeping football money with football

I would hope the SFA told them to bolt.

There are enough edinburgh school kids running around in Premiership kits as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That's one way to look at it. The other way is to look at it as the EPL promoting their product in our fine city … one of the kids who has gone to ER with us for years is already losing interest in Hibs in favour of Liverpool and that's without them having promotional events right under his nose.

I remember years ago Newcastle advertising their games in the EEN and that pissed me off too. Its one thing the EPL seducing fanboys in Thailand or the USA or Outer *****lia … its quite another in my opinion doing it in a city which is a relatively short car or train journey from Newcastle or even Liverpool, so no matter how unlikely it is to do so I don't want them drawing future supporters away from Scottish football and especially Hibs by playing glamour friendlies in our back yard.

So as a football fan who would genuinely watch absolutely anybody play anybody with very little prompting I would rather watch Hearts play Hamilton than go to this … in fact there's more chance of that happening.

Edit …. The swear filter …. really
    I’m not sure what a friendly has to do with the EPL to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    There were an incredible amount of "Liverpool" supporters on Facebook and Twitter over the last week who live in Scotland and probably haven't even set foot in the city in their life never mind anfield. Referring to Liverpool as "we" and "us". If only they put as much effort into supporting Scottish football as they do pretending to support these English sides then maybe Scottish football would be more attractive to outside investment. No problem in people following an English side and watching their games but this "we" and "us" ***** does my head in.
    Spot on.

Liverpool Football club. The clue is in the name.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Just seen it’s confirmed. July 28th.

It will be Pizza 1926 on Dalry Rd for that authentic Neapolitan scran first of all. Wee Limoncello or two. Stroll round to Murrayfield. decent!

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Cant get the negativity over this. 2nd in the EPL v 2nd in the Serie A in our fine City.

As a football fan I will be attending.
    Don’t understand all the crying over it either. Weird.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    They follow or support Liverpool in some way so I can’t see anything wrong in them describing themselves as we or us meaning they consider themselves part of the worldwide support.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That's one way to look at it. The other way is to look at it as the EPL promoting their product in our fine city … one of the kids who has gone to ER with us for years is already losing interest in Hibs in favour of Liverpool and that's without them having promotional events right under his nose.

I remember years ago Newcastle advertising their games in the EEN and that pissed me off too. Its one thing the EPL seducing fanboys in Thailand or the USA or Outer *****lia … its quite another in my opinion doing it in a city which is a relatively short car or train journey from Newcastle or even Liverpool, so no matter how unlikely it is to do so I don't want them drawing future supporters away from Scottish football and especially Hibs by playing glamour friendlies in our back yard.

So as a football fan who would genuinely watch absolutely anybody play anybody with very little prompting I would rather watch Hearts play Hamilton than go to this … in fact there's more chance of that happening.

Edit …. The swear filter …. really
    Most Liverpool fans became fans when very young during the 70s/80s. That is glory hunters who have never grown up and cant take banter

@hibs.net private member
    I don't have an English team but will absolutely be looking to get tickets to see the Champions League winners in my home city.

Can't really understand the outrage from some on this.

Does anyone know if there was a designated away end when this fixture was played in Dublin last year?

Guessing not, but would cost depending, make me go.

I honestly don't see how this game is gong to affect Hibs or Hearts in any way.

I hope all those that do go enjoy themselves... though I doubt it'll be particularly exciting.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    A corporate snoozefest for the FIFA generation so they can take selfies in their half and half scarves and tell Instagram all about how they are die hard Liverpool fans who never miss a Liverpool game when it’s held in Edinburgh. Meanwhile the product on the pitch will be played with all the pace, passion and intensity as a game of travel scrabble and any player that is worth watching will be wrapped in cotton wool and subbed off at half time anyway.

To me, it's almost like a different sport.

All my life I've had folk mocking me for going to watch Hibs. F them, I enjoy it.

Those same people will happily pay a fortune to watch 2 disinterested squads of megastars have a meaningless kickabout. It's not my thing, but fair play to them, they can do what they want in their spare time.
    Last edited by Smartie; 06-06-2019 at 01:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Does anyone know if there was a designated away end when this fixture was played in Dublin last year?

Guessing not, but would cost depending, make me go.
    Hoping the cost would be decent for this.

Sure it was overpriced last year when they played in Dublin.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I bet you half the folk at the Spice girls concert haven’t even seen them live let alone been to the places where they come from 😂
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 06-06-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    It'll be £40-£50 I reckon. Full of roasters who have never been to a fitba game in their puff walking along dressed like a full kit ******. After the game talking about how good Liverpool and the EPL is and how ***** Scottish fitba is without even a slight hint of irony. With no Fergie at the helm and Utd utter pish a chance for Liverpool to expand their fanbase up here with the next generation of youth.

The Barca game at Murrayfield was bad enough and that featured Hibs - think i lasted 35 minutes before heading. Not for me this - fill your boots though.